Old 11-12-2012, 06:19 PM #1
OHIO FTW
Gunnin' down that snake

OHIO FTW owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
OHIO FTW supports Team VICIOUS
OHIO FTW supports DLX Technology
Why hate on teen paintballers?

Ive been in the sport for a while now. First played when i was 11 and began working up the ladder like everyone else. I was a noob back in 08 when i started playing and i fell in love with paintball. I dropped woodsball when i was 13 in 2010 and me and my buddies worked our ***** of doing lawns and what not to scavenge money to play and buy gear. My first speedball gun was a pmr and ithought i was the **** to be honest. All 13 year olds have a big ego. Ive matured since then, work all the time to earn money to play and im 15 going on 16. What makes me mad is when i see older guys bashing on teens and their "expensive gear" and how we are spoiled. Thats being biased because ive earned every cent for my stuff. Yeah and i own a luxe, but i dont go around bragging and showing off my gear. I cant even count how many times ive seen people talk crap say "all paintball is now are teenagers going around with luxes" or "all these spoiled teens". All of you people who say that are ignorent. Just because i can afford it and choose to buy it doesnt mean im spoiled. Like i wonder if some of those "adults" are jealous or something. I pay at a high level of paintball right now, ive learned alot from alot of good paintball players. Basically what im trying to say is, why hate on us teens with expensive stuff? Just. Because we shoot expensive guns, doesnt make us any better. I dont think that just by shooting a luxe that it will boost my skill up. yeah it helps rather than using like an ion but still, Its just a luxury. I hope you guys see where im coming from.
TMG Ratpack #19
TMG Outlaws #19
OHIO FTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2012, 07:49 PM #2
MadWorldMcCoy
Mentally Unstable

MadWorldMcCoy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
MadWorldMcCoy is for the Gunfight
I am in a very similar situation. I am a college student that pays for everything. Unfortunately, I think there is very few people like us.
Old 11-12-2012, 08:16 PM #3
jtguy2269
PL gun collector

has been a member for 10 years
no one cares, its the hk agg attitude that usually comes along with the average teenage player running around with a high end marker. I don't care what equipment people use, its the win/cheat/HHHH attitude that makes me bonus ball players.
Granted you might be different in how you present yourself, but the majority of the kids that are 14-18 are **** heads
jtguy2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:07 PM #4
OHIO FTW
Gunnin' down that snake

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtguy2269 View Post
no one cares, its the hk agg attitude that usually comes along with the average teenage player running around with a high end marker. I don't care what equipment people use, its the win/cheat/HHHH attitude that makes me bonus ball players.
Granted you might be different in how you present yourself, but the majority of the kids that are 14-18 are **** heads
Valid point, some people point out the equipment part though. i ditched hks ****y products. Ive tried to be an agglet but then i realized how dumb it was. I only own a headband from them now. But thats very true
TMG Ratpack #19
TMG Outlaws #19

Last edited by OHIO FTW : 11-12-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:28 PM #5
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIO FTW View Post
I dropped woodsball when i was 13...
I think that may be the issue right there.

If you're just showing up to play and don't care what format, or what field, no on thinks you're being stuck up. Even with spendy gear, you're just another player.

But if you're setting up your fancy gear in the staging area and some players say "hey, there's a game starting, you in?" and you say "no, I dropped woodsball" their first thought isn't going to be "wow, he's dedicated". Nope, it's going to be "wow, what a douche nozzle".

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:53 PM #6
mymutter
I crack myself up!

mymutter is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
But if you're setting up your fancy gear in the staging area and some players say "hey, there's a game starting, you in?" and you say "no, I dropped woodsball" their first thought isn't going to be "wow, he's dedicated". Nope, it's going to be "wow, what a douche nozzle".
I kept the important parts.

it depends on attitute. A new player with all matching planet eclipse gear and a brand new CSL that cannot play worth a damn, fine, I can take it, not the least annoyed. a 14 year old that does not even need to shave with all matching PE gear, a CSL that talks ****, cannot play and wipes, those are the ones that get 1/4 a hopper on them.
mymutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:14 AM #7
OHIO FTW
Gunnin' down that snake

How would i be a "douche nozzle" for not playing woodsball?
TMG Ratpack #19
TMG Outlaws #19
Old 11-13-2012, 07:36 AM #8
loneassassin
A Grim and...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIO FTW View Post
How would i be a "douche nozzle" for not playing woodsball?
The fact that you had to point out that "I dropped woodsball when I was 13 in 2010" implies that you hold a particularly low regard for woodsball. Perhaps you feel that woodsball is beneath you. Whether or not that is true or how you feel is beside the point -- your attitude will affect how other people perceive you.

I've been around people who harbor that attitude; that speedball is somehow superior or more "elite" than woodsball and ALL of them have come across as ignorant, arrogant jerks. Plus, they won't step on a woodsball field so I can give them an education. I must always go to their field to run a clinic.

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:46 AM #9
STRIP3S
Stumpf

STRIP3S plays in the PSP
STRIP3S owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
STRIP3S owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
STRIP3S plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
I would have to agree that a lot of, but not all, teens think that they are hot s***. Before I moved away from my hometown, I used to ref at a local field. Nothing fancy... just a lot of woodsball and an airball field. We usually got a lot of rentals so we had to make sure to keep them separate from those more experienced. One day, we had a group of 13-16 year old kids show and they were running their mouths off right at the start... how they were going to kick the crap out everyone and how their guns were amazing. It was a slow day and we had to mix rentals in with these kids; these punks thought it would be fun to beat down on the rentals. The refs and I ended this crap by challenging the kids to a match in the woods where utterly destroyed them several times. We wanted to get a taste of what they were dishing out to the rentals. I have seen a lot of those kids in later years and they have all turned out to be sensible and courteous paintballers. Sometimes its best to put some of these kids in their place because they will realize eventually that they aren't the greatest ballers around.
XFT

GEARBAG SALE - TOO MANY ITEMS TO LIST
STRIP3S is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:24 AM #10
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtguy2269
the majority of the kids that are 14-18 are **** heads
Hey, that hurts my feelings.

If you own a Luxe, good for you. If anyone I played with regularly shot a Luxe, that would be cool IF he would still play with us and our Spyders/Tippmanns. Woodsball or speedsball. Just don't let the gun change your attitude.
Old 11-13-2012, 10:43 AM #11
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
Teenagers are in their own world

First, I am old enough to have a 2 teenager daughters playing paintball Their attitude in general is like most teenagers.... Big attitude little experience or the skill that goes with the experience. They each have worked to earn Mini's. I will be the first to say that I learn from everyone and even a couple of ten year olds have given me a lesson or two, but when I see a kid with thousands in gear running their mouths and running others down because they only own spiders or ions I get upset. As an adult I recognize skill where I see it, if a respectful 14 year old is sporting high dollar gear and knows how to use it....COOL. I give them the respect they deserve as would most likely be the case for those in this thread.

Ronnie Dixon fan club #30
2pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:38 PM #12
peacob

peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
Theres a difference between thinking paintball is some lifestyle with which those who wear only the trendiest gear are the dopest ballers on the field, and thinking paintball is just a game with which to pass the time in a fun, honest manner.

I think the main reason the older crowd looks down on the young kids is because of their attitude and the way they portray themselves on and off the field.

I cant count how many times i've been in the dugout (what i call the area you wait in between games) and listened to young kids go on and on about what gun is the best and why "X" brand is better than "Y" brand, and how people who use "Z" brand are full of themselves and how they cant believe they got out by someone using an "A" brand marker.
Its ****ing annoying, and at the end of the day, i usually end up chiming in with a "who gives a flying **** what gun you use".

Good example is a few weeks ago there was a 3 man rookie tournament i was at... there was a highschool team that was split into three 3-man groups.... My god if i didnt want punch each and every one of them by the end of the day. There were one or two of them that were nice kids and would come up and ask about your gun and compliment you on it, and then there were quite a few that literally thought they were too cool for school.... Decked out in all HK army gear, luxe's and macdev's...

Midway through i decided to pull out my custom anno DM6 to use... I could literally overhear these 3 kids talking to their other friends, "that thing is such a waste of money, all Dye guns are overpriced and Dye owners think they are god but really they are idiots because they could have gotten a luxe"

I dont think that they really ever considered the fact that A) Back when i bought my DM6, there werent the same choices of guns at the time. B) The DM6 is a fantastic shooter, and will keep up with any luxe, clone gt, vapor or any other current high-end for that matter. and C) Worry about yourself. I'm not bragging about my gun and i never once said a word to you, so shut your trap and play the game.

When i see kids like this.. my first thought is: They must feel that you need to have all this sweet gear to be apart of this imaginary elite group of paintballers.... Its ridiculous. Paintball isnt some elite group, its a game... and all you need is the absolute basics, and WUDDAYOUKNOW, you're a paintballer.

In a young persons life, things like paintball, what you wear to school, how you look, what music you listen to, material items.... its all about one-upping eachother. Its sad, and its truly awakening when you realize in the grand scheme of things... when you're past your early 20's, no one gives a **** and people just want to live their lives the way they want to live them.

/rant.

Last edited by peacob : 11-13-2012 at 02:41 PM.
peacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:32 PM #13
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
Really?

This must happen to A LOT of kids. It seems all I read is either a teen had a pump and took out the ****ing army. Or the kid has badass gear that he scraped and worked every cent for, but, still gets looked down on.

What I think is this is some sort of twisted way for you to brag that you do have a luxe and you want us to applaud you for scraping your way to the top. Well, CONGRATS .

Last edited by rexisme : 11-13-2012 at 02:34 PM.
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:37 PM #14
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by mymutter View Post
I kept the important parts.

it depends on attitute. A new player with all matching planet eclipse gear and a brand new CSL that cannot play worth a damn, fine, I can take it, not the least annoyed. a 14 year old that does not even need to shave with all matching PE gear, a CSL that talks ****, cannot play and wipes, those are the ones that get 1/4 a hopper on them.
Are you a grown adult?
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:43 PM #15
peacob

peacob owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
peacob supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fubarius View Post
I think that may be the issue right there.

If you're just showing up to play and don't care what format, or what field, no on thinks you're being stuck up. Even with spendy gear, you're just another player.

i enjoyed this post.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:44 PM #16
fox5100

Annual Supporting Member
fox5100 plays in the PSP
fox5100 supports Cereal Killerz 2
fox5100 is playing at Living Legends III
fox5100 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
fox5100 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I personally judge by the person,if a kid has cool gear I may ask if i can see it. If he is acting like a douche, I make sure Im always on the opposite team.
Team Method #16
Owner of Paintball Event Calendar.com
http://www.paintballec.com
http://www.paintballeventcalendar.com
fox5100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:18 PM #17
OHIO FTW
Gunnin' down that snake

Im justbsaying i get hated on even when i dont act that way but oh well. Its not always teens that are pricks on the field always. I see countless college guys and 25 year olds thinking they can beat the hell out of everyone else. Like thats what makes me mad. I can name countless people who armt teens and act that way...
TMG Ratpack #19
TMG Outlaws #19
Old 11-14-2012, 12:07 AM #18
Fubarius
Yep, it's orange.

Annual Supporting Member
Fubarius supports our troops
Fubarius has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fubarius is a Forum Captain
Is it that they're acting cocky, or is it that the "wrong people" are acting cocky?

Remember the entire point of the game.

Show up, run around, shoot at each other, and hopefully be the big damn hero for at least one game. When that happens it's been a good day and you get to brag about it to your buds. No one remember the games they stepped into a lane, but the games they threaded that one shot between two bunkers to gog a guy, well those get talked about forever.

And never forget, anyone can beat anyone else at this game.... given a long enough time frame.

000110 200 11202 10 000020
012211 021 22110 22 121101
222001 222 10220 00 022212
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 02:06 AM #19
jtguy2269
PL gun collector

couple points i'd like to make

1.) if i'm with my team and random players want to play against us, there is a good chance you will not have fun and get rolled within 20 seconds. its not because i think i'm better, but with the guys i play with theres a good chance the random players you are with aren't going to stand a chance

2) if i'm with a couple friends or not "practicing" i'm more than happy to walk on to any walk on game. different situation.

3.) its not just teenagers that have sour attitudes on and off the field.
jtguy2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:08 PM #20
OHIO FTW
Gunnin' down that snake

Quote:

1.) if i'm with my team and random players want to play against us, there is a good chance you will not have fun and get rolled within 20 seconds. its not because i think i'm better, but with the guys i play with theres a good chance the random players you are with aren't going to stand a chance

2) if i'm with a couple friends or not "practicing" i'm more than happy to walk on to any walk on game. different situation.

Im not sure about the first one but your other two points are good
TMG Ratpack #19
TMG Outlaws #19
Old 11-14-2012, 12:17 PM #21
im bad at pbx
Can't we All be friends?

im bad at pbx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
im bad at pbx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
im bad at pbx supports Team VICIOUS
im bad at pbx supports Sherwood Forest
im bad at pbx has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
im bad at pbx is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtguy2269

im bad at pbx is offline   Reply With Quote