Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-03-2012, 10:27 AM #1
Flummoxed

iFit on Crossover

Has anyone used the iFit bore kit on their crossover? I bought the 6 piece kit with the A5/X7 adapter, and when I attach the stock barrel to the adapter I can hear the bore insert sliding around in the adapter. I tried shooting a few balls through it and they all broke (bore size was correct). Just wondering if anyone has experienced this.

Before buying the kit I email TechT asking if kit was compatible with the Crossover and got "The iFit works great with all guns." back. I have emailed them two times after I got it asking about the movement and I have yet to receive anything back, waiting a week for reply after each email.

Last edited by Flummoxed : 11-03-2012 at 11:38 AM.
Flummoxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:12 PM #2
SneakingSnacks

I bought the 9 piece ifit kit and use it on my crossover every time I play with no issues. I have never used it with the stock barrel though as I use a 14" lapco bigshot.

I have not has this issue of the bore sleeve sliding around. try screwing the ifit adapter to your gun first, ensure its all the way on then insert the sleeve and screw your barrel on. If not try a different barrel?

I have never heard of this issue before. The only thing I can think of is that your barrel is not screwed far enough on to the adapter so it leaves space between the sleeve and the barrel. With the adpater on put the sleeve in and see if its going all the way into the adapter. process of elimination
SneakingSnacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:27 PM #3
Flummoxed

The stock barrel is screwed on as far as it can and tight. I'm coming from a 98c so I don't have any compatible barrels. I do have a Deadlywind Null on its way so I'll be able to test something else with it soon. I would really like to use the kit so I'm going to try and figure it out before I decide to return it.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:44 PM #4
Flummoxed

Just a update to my problem.

I got my new Deadlywind Null barrel in today and it fixed my problem with the bore insert sliding around. The insert now fits nice and snug. I'm guessing the stock barrel is slightly different then normal A5/X7 thread/length? I don't know anyone else with a crossover so I can't test the theory.

Can't wait to go out tomorrow and test the Null barrel with and without iFit. Like a kid on Christmas...
Old 11-11-2012, 01:32 PM #5
caw88
Outlaw Woodsball

caw88 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
I bought a Deadlywind with ifit and it made the crossover soooooo quiet. It is one of my favorite setups!
caw88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:10 PM #6
Flummoxed

Yeah its great. I tried the Null by itself and was like, oh thats nice. Then with iFit, I'm in love.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:39 AM #7
KurtPB
iLurk

KurtPB is playing at Living Legends VI
KurtPB supports Team VICIOUS
KurtPB supports Team VICIOUS
KurtPB has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Did you ever try putting the insert in backwards? Meaning put it in the end that threads into the gun.
KurtPB is offline   Reply With Quote