Just bought a 12 reflex

So I just bought the following

12 reflex rail

Purchasing the following'
Ninja 68/45
Halo b v35 w\ rip drive
JT proflex
BT marpat tank cover

My question is what lube should I get for the gun and I know I will at least get an oring kit, but should I just jump and get the medium parts kit? Will I need anything else? Tried to do some searching, just wanted to make sure i'm not stranded on game day. I'll be playing mostly casual woods ball with friends.

Edit: I should also mention it will probably be cooler when I play sometimes, so one that is good in cooler weather would be good. I heard monkey poo and hater sauce v2 were good?

Thanks!

Last edited by pushc6 : 11-12-2012 at 05:44 PM.
pushc6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2012, 08:36 PM #2
MU WISCOBALLER

MU WISCOBALLER supports Team VICIOUS
MU WISCOBALLER supports Team VICIOUS
MU WISCOBALLER is an NCPA player
MU WISCOBALLER has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
normal dye lube, small parts kit, and switch that halo for a pinokio, rotor, z2, or spire. No point in selling it off and taking a huge hit only to buy another loader in a little while
Gearbag Sale! Vcom Bring Luxes!
MU WISCOBALLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:52 PM #3
pushc6

Are those hoppers that much better than a halo? I'll be playing primarily woods ball with friends, what do those other ones get me for 2x the price? For the parts there are the orings only, the medium, and full. I'd imagine the medium should keep me in business, I can't imainge i'd need the full unless I was servicing them or using them in competition and could not tolerate ANY downtime, in which case I probably wouldn't rock a reflex in the first place.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:19 PM #4
cmdrsuds

BUY LURKER LUBE BEST STUFF AND BEST PRICE!! Just use a very thin layer in winter and you're set.. but the Dye lube that comes with the gun is totally fine, again use less in winter

Get a used invert too since it is a halo with a more durable shell. If you buy one for $40 or $50 you'll get around that if you sell it. If you want a better hopper I recommend a used Empire z2 or Rotor since they are also very durable. If you have the standard oring kit that comes with brand new rails you should be fine for awhile. The orings are just breaking in after several cases and should last long well after that so a medium parts kit IN YOUR CASE is a bit over board IMO.. unless you tend to lose alot of stuff hehe.. Just buy a new eye pipe so you have a spare, use quality batteries, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY use quality paint like Polar Ice if you're playing in the cold

-
DENVER KAOS
cmdrsuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 12:05 AM #5
pushc6

I may just spring for the spire. It's $80 more than the halo I had originally chosen and it gets terrific reviews. I bought the gun used so I'm not exactly sure how many rounds have gone through it. I can't imagine it being an insane amount, but it's not a new gun. It does come with the factory o-rings, so i'll run with those for at least the first game or two and maybe pick up a spare parts kit next month just as a nice-to-have.
Old 11-13-2012, 02:10 AM #6
cmdrsuds

buy used man, saves you a ton of cash

-
DENVER KAOS
Old 11-13-2012, 07:52 AM #7
pushc6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrsuds View Post
buy used man, saves you a ton of cash
The used spires cost just as much as they would new. Even if I could get lucky and land one for 170 vs 184, $14 is a cheap price to pay for new. lol My concern is with me playing in the cold and the humidity in summer a rotor (which I CAN get used for a good price) would jam up more than I'd like.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:22 PM #8
pushc6

Ninja pro ghost 68/45 and Spire ordered. Thanks for the help guys!
Old 11-14-2012, 02:01 PM #9
ArchAngelIon
Based and Positive

ArchAngelIon plays in the PSP
ArchAngelIon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ArchAngelIon posts videos on PbNation
ArchAngelIon is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
You could have just went for a used original proph for around 50$

The only thing I find valuable, about your species, is the noises you make when you die.

Looking for Classic video games, will trade dollars: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post82009777
ArchAngelIon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 03:33 PM #10
cmdrsuds

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3894152

-
DENVER KAOS
Old 11-15-2012, 08:28 AM #11
pushc6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAngelIon View Post
You could have just went for a used original proph for around 50$
I could have, but someone has to buy new, otherwise we'd all still be stuck on viewloader gravity feeders. I did look at the z2 and rotors a lot before buying, but for a few extra bucks I liked the spire more. I can understand why a lot of people want to shop around and buy used for their stuff, if it were a few years ago I'd likely be the same way, but I've been fortunate and can buy a new thing here and there. One day some other pbnation member will likely buy some of the stuff from me that I bought new and the cycle will perpetuate.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:02 PM #12
cmdrsuds

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushc6 View Post
I could have, but someone has to buy new, otherwise we'd all still be stuck on viewloader gravity feeders. I did look at the z2 and rotors a lot before buying, but for a few extra bucks I liked the spire more. I can understand why a lot of people want to shop around and buy used for their stuff, if it were a few years ago I'd likely be the same way, but I've been fortunate and can buy a new thing here and there. One day some other pbnation member will likely buy some of the stuff from me that I bought new and the cycle will perpetuate.
Our savior haha.. didn't see you already bought the spire.

-
DENVER KAOS