Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-30-2012, 04:28 PM #1
happy7833

happy7833 is playing at Living Legends V
happy7833 is for the Gunfight
happy7833 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
laining off the break

when you guys lain do you shoot directly at them or a higher to make sure you hit them. sometimes i get a few off the break by aiming right at them sometimes they didn't even know i was shooting at them? thanks guys
happy7833 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2012, 07:40 PM #2
venarius

has been a member for 10 years
I save my paint... i've never been hit off the break, nor do I believe I've actually gotten anyone out by firing a ton as soon as the game starts.

Save your paint for when you can actually make the shot.

Unless you want to go through that much paint... In that case go for it, you're helping the local field stay in business...

And I'd aim high so your arced shot might actually just barely have a chance.
Autococker (built from scratch myself back in the day!)
venarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:06 PM #3
Christian P
UWL and Scenario

Christian P is playing at Living Legends VI
Christian P is playing at Living Legends VII
Christian P has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Christian P is attending Decay of Nations VII
I aim high. But not too high, I say 3'-4' feet high to cover 100' length. I have practiced the snap shooting out of the gate and usually get shot first if I'm not running side to side. I only shoot 3 shots off the break.
Christian P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:23 PM #4
loneassassin
A Grim and...

It depends on the field. If there's an open firing lane to a corner bunker and I've noticed people going to that bunker every game I might shoot 25-40 balls near the base of that bunker (to account for them sliding in). After 20 years of playing I'm pretty good at putting that paint exactly where it needs to go.

There's nothing better than watching your opponents walk off the field in the first 5 seconds of the game.

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:48 PM #5
sup'mango
Dallas

sup'mango supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by happy7833
when you guys lain do you shoot directly at them or a higher to make sure you hit them. sometimes i get a few off the break by aiming right at them sometimes they didn't even know i was shooting at them? thanks guys
Aim high to hit a hard part like the mask.
sup'mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:02 PM #6
Paintman15
Justin

Paintman15 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Paintman15 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fire 3-5 balls.
See where they land.
Adjust accordingly.
"A bad day fishing is better than a good day at work. Uh, I'll call BS. You ever seen Deadliest Catch? I don't know many accountants that get plunged into 40 degree water and end up with all their friends drowned. And you can always make any scenario worse by adding 'and then a roller coaster cut my head off'. Just saying".
-Daniel Tosh

If you can't beat 'em, might as well eat 'em, cause no one's getting out alive!

-Sick Puppies
Paintman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:53 AM #7
gunslinger84

gunslinger84 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gunslinger84 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by venarius View Post
I save my paint... i've never been hit off the break, nor do I believe I've actually gotten anyone out by firing a ton as soon as the game starts.

Save your paint for when you can actually make the shot.
Wuuuuuutttttttt???

@OP: If you aren't bouncing at least one player on the break you are doing it wrong. Aim for their head. Lot more to for the paint to break on when it arcs and breaks on their chest/shoulders. At the very least you should be keeping them from going to the corners immediately. YMMV.
Old 10-31-2012, 07:48 AM #8
DB-1071
ON THE SIDE OF ANGELS!!!!

DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends V
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends VI
DB-1071 is playing at Living Legends VII
DB-1071 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
DB-1071 is a top reviewer
I aim just above and slightly in front of them, depending on the distance, that usually gets the job done.

PBNation definition from Urban Dictionary:
A web site where, on any given evening, one may find approximately 500 paintball enthusiasts discussing the sport, and 1500 teenagers calling each other gay.

GO ON, I DARE YOU!! GO ON I DARE YOU, AGAIN!!!
" Physician heal thyself!! " The War Doctor
DB-1071 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:07 AM #9
masterofTHUMBS
boom headshot

masterofTHUMBS posts videos on PbNation
masterofTHUMBS is an NCPA player
masterofTHUMBS supports Pev's Paintball
masterofTHUMBS plays in the APPA D5 division
Lane down to the corner can/dorito/turtle/race bunker/whatever is there in the back corners while moving to home or an insert bunker. Slightly higher than where you want to hit and a few feet on the inside of the bunker. Give a think enough column of paint to hit someone. I try to get any area around the legs/waist of a running person since you may have someone diving into the bunker rather than just sliding in on their knees or just stopping at the bunker. Right after getting them out, switch focus more towards home or an insert bunker waiting for someone to bump up to snake/doritos. If you don't get the guy off the break, stay focused in that area anyway. If the first guy moves up, you may have a chance to get him or the person bumping up behind him. Also, be aware of the lanes that the other team can get you out on. If you don't go to home, move quickly to your bunker while still keeping your gun up, as still as possible, and firing.
masterofTHUMBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:11 PM #10
happy7833

Thanks should I just run straight of the break? To like d1 or whatever. What bunkers do u guys usually go to off the break? Talking about playing the front sides though. Thanks.
Old 10-31-2012, 11:30 PM #11
inferno2inferno

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy7833
Thanks should I just run straight of the break? To like d1 or whatever. What bunkers do u guys usually go to off the break? Talking about playing the front sides though. Thanks.
When it comes to laning, my teammates and myself usually figure out what lanes we are going to cover before hand; usually the ones that provide access to key bunkers. For picking a starting bunker, the best bet is to have a general set of bunkers picked out beforehand and then figure out where other lanes are coming in from and decide from there, in my opinion. Personally, I do not fixate on one bunker because if paint is streaming into the dead zone before that bunker there is no point in taking it since I will likely not be able to get there let alone stay alive in it once there.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:09 PM #12
Command Center
Austin Carter

Command Center is playing at Living Legends V
Command Center is for the Gunfight
Command Center has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Command Center is attending Decay of Nations VI
Personally I like to lane infront of S1 and infront of d1 off break, I figure, hell, they are the most dangerous spots, why should'nt I prevent those spots from being taken?
Command Center is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:30 PM #13
happy7833

Quote:
Originally Posted by Command Center View Post
Personally I like to lane infront of S1 and infront of d1 off break, I figure, hell, they are the most dangerous spots, why should'nt I prevent those spots from being taken?
I do this too. this sunday im going to try to aim a little higher and aim at the masks.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:21 PM #14
nerdcore
Radical!

nerdcore is playing at Living Legends VII
nerdcore is a top reviewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB-1071 View Post
I aim just above and slightly in front of them, depending on the distance, that usually gets the job done.
Exactly. Aim higher, lead your target.

The decision to lane or not depends on where you plan to go, and who you're playing with. If you're going straight for snake or dorito, you can let off a few shots but your main goal isn't otb hits, it's making it to your bunker. If you've got someone you know/trust covering you, don't bother shooting at all otb. If you're covering someone while THEY run ahead, then you lane, and you don't stop laning until they made it safe & sound.
nerdcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:17 PM #15
Only-Opinion

Different fields and different game play depends on me shooting off the break. I like to believe every ball sent down field has the potential to eliminate someone.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:08 PM #16
venarius

Don't lead your target [continually moving your barrel at same pace just an "inch" ahead of target]...

Lead your target... pick a spot anywhere in front of them, and put a straight line of paint there. Make him run through a straight line of your paint.

Your [human reaction time] constantly adjusting your trajectory [moving the barrel relative to target] is slower and less predictable than picking a line of fire in front of him that he MUST go through and holding a steady shot and ROF aimed at that pre-determined target.

Be pro-active by making him run into your paint, and not reactive by trying to match his trajectory.
Autococker (built from scratch myself back in the day!)

Last edited by venarius : 11-12-2012 at 10:11 PM.
venarius is offline   Reply With Quote