Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-17-2012, 07:53 PM #253
cpx3
Frontliner

Economy is hurting and all the field are over priced, i cant go to cpx and even have the slightest amount of fun without spending at least $150. The fields are the ones scaring people away. charging $80-90 a case and you cant bring your own paint.. insane! even so paintballs themselves are overpriced but its unfair fields buy paint for like 30-40 a case and sell them for DOUBLE, fields like CPX should be selling paint 50-60$ a case not 90.
Advertisement
Old 07-18-2012, 09:02 AM #254
spork801
MN Transplant

spork801 plays in the PSP
spork801 is an NCPA player
spork801 plays in the APPA D4 division
CPX is selling an experience. As long as they have people paying that much for paint, it will continue to be sold at that price.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:22 AM #255
Horizon

Horizon is a member of the Paintball Operators' Association
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpx3 View Post
Economy is hurting and all the field are over priced, i cant go to cpx and even have the slightest amount of fun without spending at least $150. The fields are the ones scaring people away. charging $80-90 a case and you cant bring your own paint.. insane! even so paintballs themselves are overpriced but its unfair fields buy paint for like 30-40 a case and sell them for DOUBLE, fields like CPX should be selling paint 50-60$ a case not 90.
That's sad. But everyone is different I guess. I never use more then a bag of 500 and have lots of fun.

The problem with fields like CPX, which I call "Destination Fields", is that many of the people who visit them consider it a special occasion and are willing to spend extra because it's not something they do regularly. That means that in general players are shooting more paint than they normally would at "regular" fields that would have similar pricing. Then virtually EVERYONE feels they need to do the same, so they aren't being outgunned.

For instance, our field is a "regular" field with paint prices even higher than CPX's prices, but no one ever spends $150 because we're not a destination field. A big spender at our field will buy 1,000 paintballs, but even those people are rare, so players buying 500 rounds don't feel outgunned at our field and there is no pressure to spend huge amounts to keep up with everyone else.

If a field like CPX were to charge $50 or $60/case, the atmosphere would be even more extreme and their business would suffer for it because many of their customers are not regulars and certainly wouldn't enjoy themselves in such an extreme environment. Even many regulars would rather play in a less extreme, spray & prey environment. You probably wouldn't like it, but if I were running CPX, paint prices would most likely be higher than $90 to tone the atmosphere down more.
Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:17 PM #256
Paintballer12u
KAPPUS #55

Paintballer12u posts videos on PbNation
Paintballer12u has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Paintballer12u has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Paintballer12u has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
its also cause paintball gets a bad rep. i mean im a reff here at my park and theres times people will go out with all there gear witch is cool thats not bad at all but then they go jump on a woodsball feild and they just go light up the new young players i see it happen at my park and even other parks ya we try and stop it but it dosnt alsays work out. so the people have an effect on the sport to
KAPPUS#55
Ironmen and RL fan

MAC DEV
, DM9, DM12, DM13, NT10
Dye Rotor
Dye Throtal 45/45
Sly Pro-Merc Diesel Barrel
Paintballer12u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:31 PM #257
BogBubble

BogBubble is a Supporting Member
BogBubble posts videos on PbNation
People say the sport isn't declining and to relax. All I have to say is, look at world cup when it was at Disney, and look where it is now. I'm not bashing nothing, you just see a noticeable decrease in budget and yes, it is sad.

Good thing in FL most places don't check for entry paid, and it's BYOP.

Someone get me a PSP press pass!!!!
BogBubble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:49 PM #258
OrracleKennan

different spend on it....Yes money is a problem but I think alot of kids today would rather spend $300.00 on a PS3 or the latest tech rather than buy a marker. I know kids who just would rather sit in front of a computer with their faces buried in Facebook than go outside and do anything active.
OrracleKennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:50 AM #259
destey
Derek

Quote:
I think you're right on the money about cost being a factor.

If I recall correctly, tournament entry in NEPL used to be $50 back around 2000, and paint was maybe $60 a case of 2500 (before they went to 2000). And gas was around $1.00 a gallon (driving from Vermont to Boston)

Cost to go to NEPL shoot 2500 rounds = $110 + $25 in gas = $135

To enter in an NEPL event this year, its $99 a person, 40/50/60 for 2000 rounds and gas is $3.70 a gallon.

Cost go to NEPL and shoot 2500 rounds now = $149 (cheapest paint) + $95 in gas = $244

Plus now I need a $35 ID card, so $279, or basically double back in 2000. It was a lot of fun, but not enough fun to be worth almost $300 for one day.

I also have less disposable income now than I did in 2000, so its a monetary choice for me, just rec ball every now and again
destey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 01:55 AM #260
williams9829

Where I go paint balling it's 130 for 2000 balls!
williams9829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:55 AM #261
snicklfritz

snicklfritz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
snicklfritz has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I know college was a huge factor in me not playing for a while but now that I've been out working(Money plays a big factor), I now have brought back 8 other people in my area to the sport and have a new players come out and play the local fields and my personal air field on some weekends
Hoping to have plenty more join!
snicklfritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 03:16 PM #262
JohnSherman

Annual Supporting Member
JohnSherman posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
You know, there are other fields in the Chicagoland area. Badlandz is relatively inexpensive, and you can still have a lot of fun.
JohnSherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 03:56 PM #263
versatileballer5

versatileballer5 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
versatileballer5 plays in the APPA D5 division
Everyone here is right on, especially the cost point. Bottom line and not to include politics in our sport but ballers have more money when a (R) is in office. I have been playing for almost 20 years, and every time a (D) is president the people who ball lose money. I know I'm missing at least $3000 a year. Do the math, that's a year and a half of tournament balling for me.

I hate to say it, but a vote (R) in November is a vote for ballers across the country and our sport.
versatileballer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:21 PM #264
DMDpball

Economics

Everything is economically related. The US economy is down right now which is a contributing factor to a "decrease in PB"; when people have less disposable income, non-essentials, such as PB, will see a fall. I just hope something changes after the upcoming election to change this "decrease".
DMDpball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:09 PM #265
ChunderKing
Hard in the Paint

ChunderKing is playing at Living Legends III
ChunderKing is playing at Living Legends V
ChunderKing supports Pev's Paintball
ChunderKing is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodreaper View Post
Paint may have been less expensive back in 05-07, but everyone had more cash then too. There arn't too many people, at least around here, that have jobs let alone jobs that pay well enough to pay for a sport as expensive as paintball.
i can vouch for this, i live in his area and people be broke

California Paintball Park player

1 of 25 krypton ice vice f/s/t
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3402075
ChunderKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:37 PM #266
BSTKpump

Switch pump you save $$$ and you get to play. Pump is picking back up!
BSTKpump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:52 PM #267
Rclone1

I believe that it's a part of the cost, but it may also be from the decreased agression for most of the game, i've noticed a lot of just seeing not who can move up the farthest and eliminate but who can survive, which may be why the cost factor comes in because if you stay in the back or at one bunker for a while you'll most likely just keep shooting more and more paint which means you will have to buy more.

But that's just my opinion.
Rclone1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:29 PM #268
PalmHarborPirates (Banned)

PalmHarborPirates is playing at Living Legends V
Genesis paintball which is by me just got shut down. They got sued because the paintballs wen over to the alpaca farm behind it.

And another field, blitzkrieg?, I think is getting shut down

People are *******s. Kids could be out doing drugs and bad ****, but instead they're playing paintball. But nooooo, they don't care
PalmHarborPirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:43 PM #269
willworkforpaint
187 Custom Productions

willworkforpaint has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
willworkforpaint has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Pump markers need to be advertised more as well as fields need to have pump only games and rentals would cut down the use of paint and would allow players more games for there dollar.
New England Ballaz Club #31

East Coast Army
2013 Year of the Pump

Feedback +6 -0
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=115668
willworkforpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 10:24 PM #270
ShoopDaWhoop900
Go Noles!

ShoopDaWhoop900 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by versatileballer5 View Post
Everyone here is right on, especially the cost point. Bottom line and not to include politics in our sport but ballers have more money when a (R) is in office. I have been playing for almost 20 years, and every time a (D) is president the people who ball lose money. I know I'm missing at least $3000 a year. Do the math, that's a year and a half of tournament balling for me.

I hate to say it, but a vote (R) in November is a vote for ballers across the country and our sport.
If you don't want to include politics like you said, dont. But now for a few opinions from my politicals views of bipartisanship. This is the sort of talk that is ****ing over our country. We have Dems blaming republicans for everything, and republicans blaming Dems for everything. If you want to get out of the ****hole we have dug ourselves so that the economy is better and things become less expensive stop blaming the other side and work together. This constant fighting between parties gets us no where. I want cheap paintball as badly as everyone else and know that neither parties give two half ****s about paintball.

And also about the field paint, have you tried asking the people who work there if you can BYOP, i asked my local field and they said so long as the front desk approves you can use your own paint.

Last edited by ShoopDaWhoop900 : 11-19-2012 at 10:30 PM.
ShoopDaWhoop900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:59 AM #271
Dep
its paintball.settle down

Annual Supporting Member
Dep is BST Trusted
Dep is playing at Living Legends VII
Dep owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Dep owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dep is for the Gunfight
If i were new to the sport and i met some the people that play now. I wouldnt come back.
Alot of kids need attitude adjustments. This is just paintball, people need to relax and enjoy the game. When i first started playing in 2000 everyone was cool with each other and the community was very helpful. Now its **** you you carry an ego or tippmann or whatever...I hate hate hateee when people are judging other by their equiptment.
Old 11-21-2012, 05:35 PM #272
JoepSantaniello
Let's operate, bro.

JoepSantaniello plays in the APPA D5 division
JoepSantaniello supports DLX Technology
The field I work at has seen a massive increase in players! we offer paint at 40/50/55/65. We also only allow semi-auto only so the new players don't walk on the field and get hit by a rope of balls and never want to play again. we also do gravity feed only Saturdays so people again aren't shooting ropes at new players! we also see a lot of pump, autococker, and automag players bringing back old school ball. I don't want to see this great sport die and it won't if fields can stop overpricing and make rules that ENCOURAGE new players and make them want to come back!
JoepSantaniello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:54 PM #273
willworkforpaint
187 Custom Productions

willworkforpaint has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
willworkforpaint has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
So I was talking to some non Paintball friends and they brought up a great point. Why doesn't Nike promote paintball? They already have factories that make clothes and cleats for the sports as well as Nike being the most dominate sponsor in the world of sports would generate a huge fan base just by putting there name on it.
New England Ballaz Club #31

East Coast Army
2013 Year of the Pump

Feedback +6 -0
http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=115668
willworkforpaint is offline   Reply With Quote