PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-11-2012, 12:37 PM #1
PlanetEclipse28

PlanetEclipse28 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Talking Etek 3 to ego 11

So i have a Etek 3 and wondering if it will be worth it to buy an ego 11. Its a lot of money and i just wanna know if its worth the cash for the ego 11. Thanks guys!
PlanetEclipse28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2012, 03:06 PM #2
jsnp8nt
Gathering Storm

jsnp8nt owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jsnp8nt owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
jsnp8nt has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jsnp8nt has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I just made the same move.

I always had issues changing settings on the Etek 3.
Since getting the Ego 11, I can change any settings in the matter of minutes.
Is also nicer milling and all aluminum vs the LT that I had.
It also already has all the upgrades that you would look at putting into an Etek 3
#9 of 19 PBX LV1
Lime Spire 260
Lime PBX 68/4500 a tank w/Ninja Reg
Visit www.pbbomb.com for the #1 field in Chicagoland
Proudly Sponsored by Virtue
http://www.virtuepb.com
jsnp8nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:16 PM #3
PlanetEclipse28

PlanetEclipse28 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
But are all the upgrades worth that? Like will the Ego shoot a lot smoother and have less kick?
PlanetEclipse28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:44 PM #4
theVicious1

Annual Supporting Member
If money is a concern, it's probably not worth it. After years of buying every new gadget and upgrade I could, I got burnt out. I always ask myself, will it get me more eliminations? That's what really matters.

Unless the ergonomics are really a big match for you, switching to the ego11 won't get you more eliminations. Taking the money you would spend on the upgrade would be better spent practicing.

The ego11 is great, but the purchase won't net you results on the field.
theVicious1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:10 PM #5
jsnp8nt
Gathering Storm

jsnp8nt owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jsnp8nt owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
jsnp8nt has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jsnp8nt has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Yes, if we are talking $$, then it will come down to personal preference.
The ego 11 shoots smoother and is at the top of the PE food chain.
The Etek 3 is a great gun, and if you are second guessing it then wait until you can't.
I've been playing for 7 years now and have owned 3 entry level guns and 4 mid level guns and the Ego 11 is my first top tier gun.
For some people, they will never find the erge to spend that kind of money, but this is just one of those itches you may have to scratch.
Do what's right for you, just make sure that you are doing it for your own reasons. Too many players get convinced that they need to upgrade before they are ready. Do it when it's right for you.
#9 of 19 PBX LV1
Lime Spire 260
Lime PBX 68/4500 a tank w/Ninja Reg
Visit www.pbbomb.com for the #1 field in Chicagoland
Proudly Sponsored by Virtue
http://www.virtuepb.com
jsnp8nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:22 PM #6
ICUPatNIGHT
Wreck 'em Tech

ICUPatNIGHT helped look for balloons
ICUPatNIGHT owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ICUPatNIGHT supports Team VICIOUS
Yes. Ego > etek (Always). The Eteks are excellent entry level tournament markers for the Ego series. The Ego is less problematic and just provide the user with more features than the Etek. Though the Etek is an excellent Marker and as reliable as the Ego, the Ego provides the user with the reliability and features more so than the Etek.
ICUPatNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:24 PM #7
ICUPatNIGHT
Wreck 'em Tech

ICUPatNIGHT helped look for balloons
ICUPatNIGHT owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ICUPatNIGHT supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by theVicious1 View Post
If money is a concern, it's probably not worth it. After years of buying every new gadget and upgrade I could, I got burnt out. I always ask myself, will it get me more eliminations? That's what really matters.

Unless the ergonomics are really a big match for you, switching to the ego11 won't get you more eliminations. Taking the money you would spend on the upgrade would be better spent practicing.

The ego11 is great, but the purchase won't net you results on the field.
Excellent way to put it. Ultimately the user outweighs the gun. Unless you hope to play in more tournaments or something in that manner, it may be better to keep the Etek. it provides the reliability of the Ego with the cost effectiveness of an Etek.
ICUPatNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:42 AM #8
RegalEgo11
Cool-Aid

RegalEgo11 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
RegalEgo11 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
RegalEgo11 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanetEclipse28 View Post
So i have a Etek 3 and wondering if it will be worth it to buy an ego 11. Its a lot of money and i just wanna know if its worth the cash for the ego 11. Thanks guys!
I did the same thing last year. U can get a used ego 11 for like 750 at www.trademygun.com one of the best investments ever. The ego 11 is quieter and there's a lot more adjustability.
RegalEgo11 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:50 PM #9
Calculon The Great

I made the move too from the Etek 3 to the Ego 11. But I did not do it expecting more performance, I just wanted to treat myself to a shiny high-end gun. I was so impressed by the Etek 3 that I wanted to "upgrade" to the Ego. As mentioned by previous posters it is a question of money: if you have some to spare go for it but if you're strained and can't really afford it you won't see any major benefit. My Etek 3 was accurate, efficient, reliable and didn't chop. So for me it was not really about changing guns because I had an issue. The Ego 11 does have very nice features though. Among other things the LCD screen is very convenient and it does have less kick than the Etek 3.
Calculon The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:10 PM #10
Clippy

Clippy owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Clippy owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon The Great View Post
I made the move too from the Etek 3 to the Ego 11. But I did not do it expecting more performance, I just wanted to treat myself to a shiny high-end gun. I was so impressed by the Etek 3 that I wanted to "upgrade" to the Ego. As mentioned by previous posters it is a question of money: if you have some to spare go for it but if you're strained and can't really afford it you won't see any major benefit. My Etek 3 was accurate, efficient, reliable and didn't chop. So for me it was not really about changing guns because I had an issue. The Ego 11 does have very nice features though. Among other things the LCD screen is very convenient and it does have less kick than the Etek 3.
Ditto
Clippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:25 PM #11
SpanksIPB

SpanksIPB owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
SpanksIPB owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon The Great View Post
I completely agree. I shoot high end markers because I want to not because I need to. high ends more or less run have features you want rather than features you need to be competitive. With all the great guns int the $460-$600 price range out now when you buy a high end you paying for luxury things like screens, talking guns, fancier milling and colors, and better ergonomics(%100 Personal preference).
SpanksIPB is offline   Reply With Quote