Command Center
Austin Carter

Command Center is playing at Living Legends V
Command Center is for the Gunfight
Command Center has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Command Center is attending Decay of Nations VI
Post In snake with no back?

Hello everyone this is my first post.
To get things started I have a few questions!
So I play front/mid, and 90% of the time I find myself hitting snake off brake or hitting an insert so i can later move into S1.
My big question is, What should you do if your back (back left or back right depending on which side of the field the snake is on) gets shot?

Some possible answers I've formed have been to either, one: focus on tape side ONLY, as in no more looking up, no gunning over snake, purely tape side. Or , two: purely focus on the rest of the field and don't focus on tape side at all until you can move up and be aggressive.

Positives of only focusing on tape side: Keeping the snake clear of any opponents, able to get aggressive and move up, and put more guns on you.
Negatives of only focusing on tape side: Little if none field awareness, little communication, forces you to fight with the other teams snake/back player which is always bad from what I've been told.

Positives of only focusing on field with no tape side: Better angles, lots of communication, field awareness, higher chance of shooting someone.
Negatives of only focusing on field with no tape side: Higher chance of getting shot, exposing your position in snake(s1,s2,etc.) which increases opponent teams communication and field awareness, if opponent team gets a guy in snake you wont know because your focus is across the field which leads into getting bunker-ed.

Am I missing something? Is there a better/smarter way to go about playing snake with no back support?

Last edited by Command Center : 10-29-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Command Center is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2012, 01:34 PM #2
turmoil
PTPer right here baby

turmoil is a Paintball photographer
turmoil plays in the PSP
turmoil is playing at Living Legends VII
turmoil supports Pev's Paintball
turmoil plays in the APPA D4 division
I would think you'd need to do a combination of the two with the primary focus being on holding the tape.

If you get lucky and they don't have anyone in the snake you can be a little more aggressive and look for cross field shots. This could even give you some time to communicate with your team and maybe have someone fill the back corner.

Otherwise, I would think it be best to try and hold their snake player from moving up and hope you either A) shoot him out or B) one of your teammates does.
Of course, you'll always have to be worried about the snake guy running down the highway, but if it's still early in the game and you have most of your team I would think this is unlikely.
turmoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 11:05 AM #3
docbiddy
iBlastfools

docbiddy plays in the PSP
docbiddy supports Pev's Paintball
docbiddy plays in the APPA D4 division
docbiddy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
yea if your playing front you never want to get tunnel vision. if your back is still in your MAIN focus is inside of the field. if you are getting pinned from inside look down tape and bump depending on the corner. my favorite move in that position is to pop the top, know where your going to shoot before you come out, pop up shoot tape put your opponent in wrap to the inside or bump, but anyway if you dont have a tape player you should be checking back and forth
Old 11-28-2012, 01:41 PM #4
xXxShepard7051xXx

I find myself in the same situation a lot. hopefully when your back gets shot out he makes the rest of your team aware of that and you can get one of your mids to shoot inside or fill to the back corner over you. if not pay attention to both sides of the snake so that you dont get run down and bunkered especially later in the game because if the other team can keep you from wrapping out to defend yourself you're in trouble. try and shoot out the other teams snake player or if they have no one there the corner so you can move up. but aggression isn't always the answer sometimes you have to sit and wait them out, if you aren't doing a lot of shooting just enough to keep people from running you down then the team will focus their attention elsewhere. that also works pretty good when you have a back to protect you. get into snake sit and wait then come out killing when the other team forgets about you.

hope it helped

p.s. rule number one: make sure your marker is on when u slide into snake otherwise ur gonna have a bad day

Studies show that 91% of paintball players would die if HK said breathing wasn't "AGG" Put this in your Signature if your one of the 9% who would celebrate the mass suicide of Hostile Kids
xXxShepard7051xXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:57 PM #5
Draxxus5577
MillerJ

Draxxus5577 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Draxxus5577 supports Team VICIOUS
Draxxus5577 is for the Gunfight
Draxxus5577 supports DLX Technology
your corner player shouldnt be dieing before you... maybe sit down and have a chat with your back up..
Old 03-24-2013, 04:03 PM #6
TG SLYDER
I Hate Stupid People.....

One of your other back players needs to slide over to cover your angles while you lay down fire on the non-tape side
TG SLYDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:39 AM #7
spikeyeyerish

Always be thinking what does the TEAM need and access the field.

Questions to ask yourself:
Can my back center fill the corner.
Can a Mid Fill the Corner.
What can i do to help some 1 fill the corner.
Do they have any one in snake.
Do they have a snake corner.
Is snake or Dorito side stronger.
What is the count.

If it is 1v1 In snake:
...and you can get 2 Kills if you make a bump. Fight the tape bump and get the kills.
...and you have some 1 that can fill and they don't, just trade out

If they can fill snake (From mid or corner) and your team can't they should be trying to trade snake players so be ready.
spikeyeyerish is offline   Reply With Quote