Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-11-2012, 11:33 PM #1
bybee5150

bybee5150 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
bybee5150 is for the Gunfight
bybee5150 supports Empire
Red face LPR pressure testing question

I have a Gat that I want to pressure test the LPR. The manual says to remove the cap and screw in the gauge, but this gun appears to have a modified AKA LPR in which if you unscrew it the whole lpr comes out with it. How can you use a gauge with a setup like this. The modified lpr has a + and - which can be adjusted with an allen wrench, but not sure what the pressure setting is at? Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by bybee5150 : 11-11-2012 at 11:43 PM.
bybee5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2012, 11:53 PM #2
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

has been a member for 10 years
The stock gauge will not work with the JDS or AKA LPR. You can, however, make a DIY gauge that you screw into the central LP air line. Remove the back plate and you will see an M5 grub screw just below the solenoid housing area. If you remove that, you can screw a 1/8" NPT to M5 thread adapter in its place with any standard 1/8" NPT gauge attached to it and read your LPR pressure. These are sometimes referred to as the "boostmonkey gauge" after the guy at AOG and PBN who used to make and sell them: http://www.angelowners.com/showthrea...auges-Last-Run
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:09 AM #3
bybee5150

bybee5150 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
bybee5150 is for the Gunfight
bybee5150 supports Empire
Thanks for the reply. I will pick up an NPT gauge, so until I pick one up is there a way to roughly gauge the setting. For example on Dye markers if you screw in the lpr all the way and then back it out 3 1/2 turns it should set the lpr around the recommended setting.
bybee5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 09:18 AM #4
dr.strangelove
The Angel Eye Doctor

has been a member for 10 years
You can "eyeball it" by turning the LPR down until the gun stops cycling, then gradually turn it up until it fully cycles and add 1/4 turn.
dr.strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote