PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-11-2012, 02:01 PM #1
pumpmonkey1
did your hopper jam?

pumpmonkey1 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Phantom Questions

So I just picked up a Phantom that is set up for VSC, but I don't have the 12 gram changer. Even if I did, I would really like to play with a bottle. I do like the tube feed, but my field doesn't sell 12 grams.

Here is my question:

Can I fit a ninja 13/3000 air tank on the back bottle adapter, or will the tank regulator be in the way of the feed tube?

Also, if any of you play with a phantom set up like I am describing, how do you like it?

Thanks guys

Stock Class Phantom for Sale
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3921799
pumpmonkey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-11-2012, 03:09 PM #2
oldschool45

Yes, you can use a 13/3000 off of a back bottle adapter use just have to nudge the feed tube out of the way while screwing it in.
Frankly I think it plays better with the bottom line setup and tennis ball over the back of the tank.
oldschool45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 03:24 PM #3
prologix
Now:running with scissors

has been a member for 10 years
I may be doing it weird, well yes of course I am, but... I have tried it with a remote to an ASA on the bottom of the grip and really liked it. I just removed the regulator (yes mine came with it) and am going to try it with the remote screwed in there and a stock off the bottom next. Have you considered a remote? I have shoulder issues and really like the lightness of the phantom.
Attending: Blazing Saddles @ LVP 5/3/2014
1) Yes I have gold ups, no I do not need them. We could do a deal I suppose. 2) Hey, when we talk price lets talk all inclusive (shipping and paypal fees).
prologix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 05:04 PM #4
pumpmonkey1
did your hopper jam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool45 View Post
Yes, you can use a 13/3000 off of a back bottle adapter use just have to nudge the feed tube out of the way while screwing it in.
Frankly I think it plays better with the bottom line setup and tennis ball over the back of the tank.
Well, the phantom I have has the m-16 style grip, so I can't run a bottom line. However, after holding my friend's phantom, I can safely say the extra weight that the 45 grip and the bottom line add make the phantom too heavy for my purposes.
Also, thanks for the answer regarding the bottle adapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prologix View Post
I may be doing it weird, well yes of course I am, but... I have tried it with a remote to an ASA on the bottom of the grip and really liked it. I just removed the regulator (yes mine came with it) and am going to try it with the remote screwed in there and a stock off the bottom next. Have you considered a remote? I have shoulder issues and really like the lightness of the phantom.
I have considered getting a stock, but that would require the 45 grips and a ton more money.

Also, I have a remote line and I may use it in the future as part of some pistol type setup coming off the back bottle adapter.

Right now I'm looking at spending $20 for the back bottle adapter. If I went with the stock, I'd be out $30 for the 45 grip and $50ish for the stock.

Thanks for the replies.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:10 PM #5
oldschool45

Tituspb.com may have a used back bottle adapter a bit cheaper.
With the m-16 style grip you have a bunch of options just look up tactical ar15 grips. If you like the 45 grip but not the weight you can get a plastic kingman 45grip off of eBay for about $10 but it has an odd bottom line screw configuration if you ever go to add a bottom line or stock.
oldschool45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 06:55 PM #6
Nahib_Stilgar

Or just screw the 13/3000 strait into where the 12g changer goes. Don't need to buy the BBA that way.
Nahib_Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 09:43 PM #7
pumpmonkey1
did your hopper jam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschool45
Tituspb.com may have a used back bottle adapter a bit cheaper.
With the m-16 style grip you have a bunch of options just look up tactical ar15 grips. If you like the 45 grip but not the weight you can get a plastic kingman 45grip off of eBay for about $10 but it has an odd bottom line screw configuration if you ever go to add a bottom line or stock.
I like the style of the ar15 grips better on the phantom. Thanks for the suggestions though. I might get a magpul grip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahib_Stilgar
Or just screw the 13/3000 strait into where the 12g changer goes. Don't need to buy the BBA that way.
This is my current setup and while I can tolerate it for now, the gun is far to front heavy for my taste. Plus the back bottle mount allows for some support by resting the tank on your shoulder.