PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-10-2012, 09:42 AM #22
prologix
Now:running with scissors

has been a member for 10 years
I run the original flatline barrel on the 98c and no doubt you do get way more range. There is some question about the balls breaking on the person at distance, but my experience is it works and at least for woodsball, providing suppression fire it rocks.
Attending: Blazing Saddles @ LVP 5/3/2014
1) Yes I have gold ups, no I do not need them. We could do a deal I suppose. 2) Hey, when we talk price lets talk all inclusive (shipping and paypal fees).
prologix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-10-2012, 12:20 PM #23
Darkapollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by prologix View Post
I run the original flatline barrel on the 98c and no doubt you do get way more range. There is some question about the balls breaking on the person at distance, but my experience is it works and at least for woodsball, providing suppression fire it rocks.
Way more range? Do you have any imperical data or just 'it looks farther' data. I had a flatline 98c for a few years. I swore it was lazer accurate and could shoot a lot further than any thing else.
The fact is, no, it does not. There are several reasons for this.
The 'loft' spin induced by rolling the ball through the curve of the barrel is quickly stopped shortly after it leaves the barrel because the thick LIQUID core is not spinning at the same rate.
The laws of physics also come in to play with an object of X weight fired at Y velocity succumbs to gravity after Z feet.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:30 PM #24
cockerfan87

cockerfan87 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cockerfan87 is for the Gunfight
cockerfan87 supports Pev's Paintball
cockerfan87 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Donenink could you message me a pic of the body? Ill be able to get it from you next friday( one coming up) if you still have it by then.

My mini half block so far - http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3872109
cockerfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:16 PM #25
cockerfan87

cockerfan87 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
cockerfan87 is for the Gunfight
cockerfan87 supports Pev's Paintball
cockerfan87 is attending Decay of Nations VI
So, lets say that if you had the body, does tippmann proshop still do the conversion (i.e. the barrel and the "block" that the barrel attaches to) and if not is there anyone who is doing this conversion now? I do not have a mill or access to one, thats why i ask.

My mini half block so far - http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3872109
cockerfan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:43 PM #26
prologix
Now:running with scissors

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkapollo View Post
Way more range? Do you have any imperical data or just 'it looks farther' data. I had a flatline 98c for a few years. I swore it was lazer accurate and could shoot a lot further than any thing else.
The fact is, no, it does not. There are several reasons for this.
The 'loft' spin induced by rolling the ball through the curve of the barrel is quickly stopped shortly after it leaves the barrel because the thick LIQUID core is not spinning at the same rate.
The laws of physics also come in to play with an object of X weight fired at Y velocity succumbs to gravity after Z feet.
If I were to replace the "way more range" with "way more effective range" would you feel better?
I am sure my sons could get the balls out to the same range, just not with out pointing their guns way up in the air.
I can aim just above a targets head and get the balls on him as an example the general for the opposing force in the spaceballs scenario game at LVP this year. (And no they did not break but he had to move back) As to perception vs reality I am or I guess was un-aware of anyone claiming the flatline barrel provided "lazer accurate" to paintballs. But then in my head accuracy is not a word that applies to paintball anyway, I happen to prefer consistency (in paintball) as in feet per second and I would never claim that the flatline improves that either. As for gravity, it applies force and has an effect on a rifle bullet the instant the bullet leaves the barrel. I do think the flatline fired paintball climbs a bit out of the end of the barrel but not much and not far.
Attending: Blazing Saddles @ LVP 5/3/2014
1) Yes I have gold ups, no I do not need them. We could do a deal I suppose. 2) Hey, when we talk price lets talk all inclusive (shipping and paypal fees).
prologix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:15 PM #27
addicted2dunes

addicted2dunes has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockerfan87 View Post
So, lets say that if you had the body, does tippmann proshop still do the conversion (i.e. the barrel and the "block" that the barrel attaches to) and if not is there anyone who is doing this conversion now? I do not have a mill or access to one, thats why i ask.
The original Flatline was a barrel block attachment..... the Tippmann style will not, or will not fit a cocker by any means (even a flatline body) without a ton of machining, will get pricey by then.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:22 PM #28
DoneNink

Annual Supporting Member
DoneNink has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
DoneNink has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Here she is. Own a part of history!

IMG_7535.jpg

IMG_7539.jpg

IMG_7536.jpg

IMG_7537.jpg
DoneNink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:11 AM #29