Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2012, 10:07 PM #1
[NA]WARLORD
 
 
[NA]WARLORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Sunny FLA !!!!!!!!!!!
[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
So long GoG !!!

I realize your current company isn't as glorious as the former company, but when I hear that you won't help old friends promote an aging event or give the excuse "we don't travel to event's because we are a small company" yet just last month you debuted a new gun at World Cup, I call BS. I have been a loyal SP/GoG fan for years but no more. Josh or Dave, you may ban my account at G1oG.com (NANomaD).
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2012, 11:05 PM #2
l0rdnic0
That new guy
 
l0rdnic0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Orange County, NY
l0rdnic0 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
l0rdnic0 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm not trying to start a flame war here but really? You would walk away from a company because they did not want to participate in an event that you support? That sounds greedy don't you think?
l0rdnic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:35 PM #3
[NA]WARLORD
 
 
[NA]WARLORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Sunny FLA !!!!!!!!!!!
[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
I am not speaking for the field, I am speaking for myself. Greed has nothing to do with it.

Last edited by [NA]WARLORD : 11-08-2012 at 11:38 PM.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:43 PM #4
Danny96211
cash for your iphone
 
Danny96211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NYC
Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
does this mean that you will be getting rid of your gog guns? lol ill take them off your hands.
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:02 AM #5
[NA]WARLORD
 
 
[NA]WARLORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Sunny FLA !!!!!!!!!!!
[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
All I have is an SP-1, 125.00 and it's yours. I will be keeping my Axe
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:23 AM #6
Dedloc
That guy.
 
Dedloc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tennessee
Annual Supporting Member
Dedloc is BST Legit
Dedloc is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Dedloc is Legendary
So its not ok for them to travel to World Cup, the largest event for releasing gear and markers, but you fully expect them to travel to an "aging event" and then get mad that they don't? Seems shallow and greedy. Either way, sorry to see you go over such petty reasons.
__________________
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.
PARADOX
Dedloc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:55 AM #7
fishballer06
ShockerRepair.com
 
fishballer06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: PA
Annual Supporting Member
fishballer06 is BST Legit
fishballer06 plays in the PSP
fishballer06 donated to help Peyton Trent
fishballer06 supports our troops
fishballer06 supports DLX Technology
I think it's fair to say that every company who is anybody in paintball goes to the World Cup. With GoG releasing their new eNMEy marker, it was very important for them to be there. The exposure that companies get at World Cup is the main reason companies go to such events. Thousands (literally thousand's) of player's, store owners and field owners from all over the world go to these events and it gives the manufacturer's the opportunity to showcase their product's, as well as interact with their dealers (who are ultimately the people who sell the products and make money for the manufacturer).

With that being said, for any company (big or small) to go to a much smaller event/field is more than likely going to be a money losing situation. Primarily based on the fact that these type of event's usually just don't have the exposure like a World Cup type event. The money it would cost to fly employees , ship product to and back from the event, set up and tear down a booth, etc. etc... Would not balance out the small profit that might be made from going to an event that has less than 100 people that are all from one very small part of the country.

Regardless though, if you're upset with GoG, you should call or email them and discuss your concerns, not complain about it on an online forum. I hope you can understand where I am coming from with all of this.

Last edited by fishballer06 : 11-09-2012 at 09:58 AM.
fishballer06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:35 AM #8
[NA]WARLORD
 
 
[NA]WARLORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Sunny FLA !!!!!!!!!!!
[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishballer06 View Post
Regardless though, if you're upset with GoG, you should call or email them and discuss your concerns, not complain about it on an online forum. I hope you can understand where I am coming from with all of this.
I understand completely where your coming from however I don't agree with it. If they are marketing a product solely for field rentals it makes more sense for them to market it at fields where the product will actually be used vs a venue where the Extcy would be the product that would be more embraced. Our event is the last big event of the year along the lines of Living Legends, DDay, ION and Castle Conquest. It's not only a local scenario, but it also caters to people world wide.

Bringing it to the forums puts it out in the open, had I called or emailed them they could sweep it under the rug, here they can't. And trust me, there are GoG reps here on the this very forum, one of which I highly respect as a baller but alas he also works for the company I will no longer endorse.

I remember when Billy G was promoting his All American barrel and he went to every field and handed out fliers personally. I bought one, but couldn't use it as we had a sponsorship with ProTeam products at the time and shot Armson barrels. My first tourney marker was bought from SP a modded Automag as well as my first electro a SP Impulse. I have been with them along time as a customer but this doesn't sit well with me and I am washing my hands with them. Ya'll may think what you want, I could care less.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:38 AM #9
Dedloc
That guy.
 
Dedloc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tennessee
Annual Supporting Member
Dedloc is BST Legit
Dedloc is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Dedloc is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
Ya'll may think what you want, I could care less.
*Couldn't care less.

Sorry, just one of my pet peeves lol.
__________________
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc.
PARADOX
Dedloc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:58 AM #10
[NA]WARLORD
 
 
[NA]WARLORD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Sunny FLA !!!!!!!!!!!
[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
It's a southern thing
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:00 PM #11
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)
 
deltapaintball's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: South Jersey
deltapaintball is a Supporting Member
deltapaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
deltapaintball supports our troops
deltapaintball has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
deltapaintball supports DLX Technology
Sorry you feel this way, however you haven't done anything to deserve a ban from the G1OG. Please understand that while the company is regaining it's market share, it has to be very conscious of everything that costs money (more so in this economy). This may be sponsorships, traveling to or sponsoring an event or what have you.

While Waynes Worlds events are huge, there is still the cost of traveling to Florida from Pennsylvania, getting all the product to the field, paying for the travel/hotel/food costs, the lost time at work and so on. It adds up very quickly.
deltapaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:41 PM #12
RogueShooter
 
 
RogueShooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Manchester NJ
Yeah, sorry bro, but the cost effectiveness of going to World Cup vs. a scenario, even a big one, just can't be beat. Now if they gave you that line and then showed up to another similar scenario at a similar distance that would be one thing, but World Cup is pretty much the SEMA of the paintball world, and it's important for companies to have a presence there.
__________________
Jay AKA Rogue...
Reservoir Dogs Scenario Paintball Team - Our $%^* is RIGOROUS!
Proudly and Generously Sponsored By
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 11:39 PM #13
p.lovell
Historically Slow
 
p.lovell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Auburn, AL
Annual Supporting Member
p.lovell plays in the PSP
p.lovell plays in the MiLP
p.lovell supports Team VICIOUS
p.lovell is an NCPA player
p.lovell is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedloc View Post
*Couldn't care less.

Sorry, just one of my pet peeves lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [NA]WARLORD View Post
It's a southern thing
Erm... you might want to think about what it would mean if you "could care less," and it's not a southern thing.


I don't understand your argument here at all. You come in flaming the company for not being at a scenario game because you want them to try to sell to one(1) field in the Southeast, and are upset that they skip the event but go to the largest event in the world? Also, you say you "could[n't] care less" about what we have to say, yet you continue to respond to the posts that completely disprove your argument. Doesn't make much sense to me. as stated above, talk to the company that can do something, not the players who have no control.
__________________
"Originally posted by Chief Sneekyfoot: You're not as dumb as you look."
p.lovell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:13 PM #14
Danny96211
cash for your iphone
 
Danny96211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NYC
Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.lovell View Post
Erm... you might want to think about what it would mean if you "could care less," and it's not a southern thing.


I don't understand your argument here at all. You come in flaming the company for not being at a scenario game because you want them to try to sell to one(1) field in the Southeast, and are upset that they skip the event but go to the largest event in the world? Also, you say you "could[n't] care less" about what we have to say, yet you continue to respond to the posts that completely disprove your argument. Doesn't make much sense to me. as stated above, talk to the company that can do something, not the players who have no control.
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:43 PM #15
bushhog750
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Woodstock, GA
bushhog750 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
You have 1 gun and its a sp-1..... doesnt seem like you were bringing a whole lot to the table of supporting them, Im sure they are crushed to see you and your business go.
bushhog750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:22 PM #16
ArchAngelIon
Based and Positive
 
ArchAngelIon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: CASTLE SHIKIGAMI
ArchAngelIon plays in the PSP
ArchAngelIon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ArchAngelIon posts videos on PbNation
ArchAngelIon is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Jesus. A 2k1 account and you come off as so entitled.

Take a look around, this isn't 2005, nor 2001. The industry isn't as healthy as it once was. Manufactures generally travel a single elite tournament series (PSP or NPPL) and the few largest senario/rec events (living legends, normandy).

If your event isn't of national importance your only looking at drawing regional support at best.
__________________
I do not need assistance to rule this world,
Everything will grovel at my feet.

The only thing I find valuable, about your species, is the noises you make when you die.

Looking for Classic video games, will trade dollars: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...7#post82009777
ArchAngelIon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump