Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups

Old 11-08-2012, 05:23 PM #337
DuBullT

DuBullT owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
DuBullT owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
DuBullT supports DLX Technology
Wow that I did not know. I mean I knew that there is no money to be really made when you play paintball. In fact it's widely known that playing paintball costs you more than you make from buying gear and paint and traveling every weekend on top of the heavy event fees. I mean I thought money's the reason why a team or players fall apart. Sponsorships give gear on different tier levels but I did not know that pro teams still get paid extra on top of the free **** they get from sponsors. Working for a company is different than just playing and wearing their logo.
DuBullT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2012, 05:52 PM #338
deadly*
⊙▃⊙

deadly* supports Team VICIOUS
deadly* supports Pev's Paintball
deadly* is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
deadly* is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuBullT View Post
Wow that I did not know. I mean I knew that there is no money to be really made when you play paintball. In fact it's widely known that playing paintball costs you more than you make from buying gear and paint and traveling every weekend on top of the heavy event fees. I mean I thought money's the reason why a team or players fall apart. Sponsorships give gear on different tier levels but I did not know that pro teams still get paid extra on top of the free **** they get from sponsors. Working for a company is different than just playing and wearing their logo.
im suprised as well...

lol on the other hand, those shirts arent looking too bad at all!
Old 11-08-2012, 06:01 PM #339
BAJANATIVE
you'll poke your eye out!

BAJANATIVE plays in the APPA D4 division
BAJANATIVE is Legendary
BAJANATIVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:18 PM #340
joeimpulse
EKK ELITE SOLDIER

joeimpulse is playing at Living Legends III
joeimpulse owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
joeimpulse supports Team VICIOUS
I say congrats to HK, they started out small and now are making some money for themselves. Its not easy to make a living owning a business especially in the paintball world. So any company that I see getting big, selling product, and supporting teams/events makes me feel that the paintball industry is headed in the right direction. Everybody hates usually because they havent been around long enough to see HK's development, they climbed the ladder and made a huge turnaround from almost leaving the paintball scene completely.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:23 PM #341
BallsAcrossUrNose

HK is a Step Down

Epic Fail When company's like NXE & Smart Parts Go Under & The NPPL is Failing
JT doesn't have the Funds to support 2 pro Teams. Since Dynasty was raised on HK Oli & Ryan are close friends with Mark they must have cut a deal that gives them a percentage of sales profits. There is no other way they could afford them except on profit percentage. Will the Bus get a Dynasty Wrap Hell Yea will the Clinics Boast Dynasty Players YES they will get Juice from all different sorces HK is involved with & prices will be going up.

Ollie better grow a Goat & ditch the Chester the Molester LOOK
Look for this deal only to last while the Economy is in the ****ter Not Hat'in Just Stat'in

Last edited by BallsAcrossUrNose : 11-08-2012 at 06:31 PM.
BallsAcrossUrNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:11 PM #342
JohnSherman

Annual Supporting Member
JohnSherman posts videos on PbNation
Quote:
Is this supposed to be sarcasm?

Last edited by JohnSherman : 11-08-2012 at 07:14 PM.
JohnSherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:26 PM #343
-raqh-

Annual Supporting Member
-raqh- owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I'm suprised so few know about movember... Good job Ollie!

I'm half suprised about the deal, kinda logical with all the new products and the huge push HK started in the past year or so. I didnt think they'd have enough to offer Dynasty tho! Guess they make more than I think or as some others said, might have some compagny/products % for the team involved.

-raqh- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:34 PM #344
Team.Infected
Beast Coast

Team.Infected supports Team VICIOUS
Team.Infected posts videos on PbNation
Team.Infected plays in the APPA D4 division
Team.Infected supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsAcrossUrNose View Post
Epic Fail When company's like NXE & Smart Parts Go Under & The NPPL is Failing
JT doesn't have the Funds to support 2 pro Teams. Since Dynasty was raised on HK Oli & Ryan are close friends with Mark they must have cut a deal that gives them a percentage of sales profits. There is no other way they could afford them except on profit percentage. Will the Bus get a Dynasty Wrap Hell Yea will the Clinics Boast Dynasty Players YES they will get Juice from all different sorces HK is involved with & prices will be going up.

Ollie better grow a Goat & ditch the Chester the Molester LOOK
Look for this deal only to last while the Economy is in the ****ter Not Hat'in Just Stat'in
I have to disagree with many of your statements. JT & Empire are two of the biggest companies in the paintball industry. (Im not saying THE 2 biggest) Im sure funding Dynasty is not the reason Empire and Dynasty split. I also believe you are undervaluing HK. Whether I, you or anyone else likes to acknowledge it HK created a lifestyle in paintball. Players all over the United States INCLUDING Hawaii are supporting HK, not to mention the brand has a large fan base over seas. Therefore my opinion is that HK is not desperate enough to give Dynasty a percentage of sale profits. A portion of the profits that are directly linked to the sponsership of Dynasty (signature model goods) will go into the teams funds.
If Ollie and Ryan's relationship with Mark and the boys at HK is as influential as you are stating then IMO the outcome would be opposite of your theory. I dont think a strong friendship is being used as a bargianing chip for profit. It is being used to benefit both parties.

You may be correct and I am way off, but this is what makes most sense to me.
Team.Infected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:47 PM #345
DuBullT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSherman View Post
Is this supposed to be sarcasm?
its not. I'm sure many others out there didn't know that Pro teams get paid by sponsorships as well as the free gear. Because if you think about it, Planet Eclipse sponsors Dynasty, lets say PE give them lets say 10 free Ego11's and 10 free Geo3's. Thats about 25 thousand dollars they give to the team for free. Now i'm not going to count all the extra soft goods they give to them as well. So 25 grand worth of markers to Dynasty, and on top of that Planet Eclipse will pay a portion of their Event fees and Travel fees? And how many PRO teams does Planet Eclipse sponsor? thats a lot of money Planet Eclipse is giving away. I thought getting free gear was a huge bonus as a pro or high rank team, but to also get a "salary" where your expenses are paid is something i didn't wouldn't believe it myself unless i heard it from a Pro player which that quote from a page back just did.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:57 PM #346
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Annual Supporting Member
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team.Infected View Post
JT & Empire are two of the biggest companies in the paintball industry. (Im not saying THE 2 biggest)
JT and Empire are the same company. It's called KEE and it is the largest company in paintball.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:37 PM #347
KeesHimself

Quote:
its not. I'm sure many others out there didn't know that Pro teams get paid by sponsorships as well as the free gear. Because if you think about it, Planet Eclipse sponsors Dynasty, lets say PE give them lets say 10 free Ego11's and 10 free Geo3's. Thats about 25 thousand dollars they give to the team for free. Now i'm not going to count all the extra soft goods they give to them as well. So 25 grand worth of markers to Dynasty, and on top of that Planet Eclipse will pay a portion of their Event fees and Travel fees? And how many PRO teams does Planet Eclipse sponsor? thats a lot of money Planet Eclipse is giving away. I thought getting free gear was a huge bonus as a pro or high rank team, but to also get a "salary" where your expenses are paid is something i didn't wouldn't believe it myself unless i heard it from a Pro player which that quote from a page back just did.
25k retail, it ain't costing PE 25k.
KeesHimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:02 PM #348
dertydood

dertydood owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dertydood plays in the APPA beginner division
dertydood has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContractKiller88 View Post
keyword is "epic" speedfeed! does this mean they will be using the rotor or will they be making one for the spire? if they decide to go with spires.
I know a guy who put an epic speedfeed on his spire. I think it was the rotor's speedfeed, but i'm not sure.

Link to my APPA: http://paintball-players.org/cgi-bin...vaaRpMHFWWoGIL
dertydood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:36 PM #349
Fedo
Who Has More Fun?

Fedo owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Fedo is an NCPA player
Fedo plays in the APPA D5 division
It is possible that he used the Rotor Gate. There are notches in it that seem to be able to line up with the pins in the virtue feed gate.

Like us on Faceboook: Illinois State Redbirds Paintball
Fedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:32 PM #350
DuBullT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeesHimself View Post
25k retail, it ain't costing PE 25k.
It's not costing Planet Eclipse 25k to make, but it is 25k sales they could've made from paying customers.

as far as hopper goes, Dynasty hasn't announced their mask and hoppers. Maybe they can still use the eflexs/events and the z2 with the epic speedfeed. Just because they ended their sponsorship doesn't mean they can't ever use their products, right?
Old 11-08-2012, 11:12 PM #351
paintball741O
Blind Fire

Annual Supporting Member
paintball741O is BST Legit
paintball741O is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuBullT

It's not costing Planet Eclipse 25k to make, but it is 25k sales they could've made from paying customers.

as far as hopper goes, Dynasty hasn't announced their mask and hoppers. Maybe they can still use the eflexs/events and the z2 with the epic speedfeed. Just because they ended their sponsorship doesn't mean they can't ever use their products, right?
You also have to factor in how much additional revenue PE will bring in because of Dynasty fans wanting to have the same gear as their favorite pros. You have to spend (or give away in this case) money to make money.

Also, It wouldn't make sense to give free advertising for a company that your team just parted ways with... I'm guessing they go with the Spires and I have no clue as to which mask.
paintball741O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:22 PM #352
John

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
That's not how it works at their level.

Dynasty won't be using products for free. They'll use products they are paid to use.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:24 PM #353
Dep
its paintball.settle down

Annual Supporting Member
Dep is BST Trusted
Dep is playing at Living Legends VII
Dep owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Dep owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dep is for the Gunfight
Ive seen what these pros are driving. They arnt being paid that much haha
Dep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:25 PM #354
John

Annual Supporting Member
Players aren't getting rich off playing. But they are getting to do something they love and often travel the world doing it.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:29 PM #355
Dep
its paintball.settle down

Annual Supporting Member
Dep is BST Trusted
Dep is playing at Living Legends VII
Dep owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Dep owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Dep is for the Gunfight
This is a tough sport. The prize funds need to change. Professional air hockey and foozball players make more. Even amature bowlers can make $1000+ a week...lol i mean wtf
Dep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:35 AM #356
Evac.
Wolfpack

Annual Supporting Member
Evac. is a Paintball photographer
Evac. plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dep View Post
This is a tough sport. The prize funds need to change. Professional air hockey and foozball players make more. Even amature bowlers can make $1000+ a week...lol i mean wtf
It's because nobody wants to endorse a sport where we shoot each other with guns.
Evac. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:22 AM #357
Shortbuscrew

Annual Supporting Member
Shortbuscrew owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Shortbuscrew is for the Gunfight
Shortbuscrew is for the Gunfight
Shortbuscrew owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evac. View Post
It's because nobody wants to endorse a sport where we shoot each other with guns.
hockey is one of the most funded sports out there with football and soccer. And hockey they fight and beat each other to pulps with minimal penalty's. tell me, whats the difference?
Shortbuscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.