Bconaway is BST Trusted
Bconaway owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Bconaway plays in the APPA beginner division
Bconaway has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bconaway has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bconaway has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Bconaway has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Need help learning about everything

HEy everyone just looking for someone to help teach me all these paintball terms. I see people pllayin along and pretending to know what people are talking about, but I would rather know forreal what's going on. I've learned alot so far but I do need help in terms of learning about types of guns like ?in-line poppets? And
?spoolies?. Also things like ?ccm?
Also would likes to know field terms I know most of them like positions and and labels but there are a few I don't know if you could please help me I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thanks

AlphaBaller
Bconaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2012, 02:10 PM #2
smokeage
Team Foxtrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bconaway View Post
HEy everyone just looking for someone to help teach me all these paintball terms. I see people pllayin along and pretending to know what people are talking about, but I would rather know forreal what's going on. I've learned alot so far but I do need help in terms of learning about types of guns like ?in-line poppets? And
?spoolies?. Also things like ?ccm?
Also would likes to know field terms I know most of them like positions and and labels but there are a few I don't know if you could please help me I'd greatly appreciate it.
Thanks
First ill answer the marker questions:

Right now, there are 3 really popular platforms that most markers use.

1. Stacked-tube poppit (aka Poppits)- Alien Indy, PE Ego, BL Intimidator/G6r are all exampled of high-end stacked-tube poppits. Alien Invasions, PE Eteks, Infinity Legends, and Spyders are some more examples. Generally, these are more reliable, more efficient, have less moving parts and seals but also tend to cost a little more.

2. Spool valve (aka Spoolies)- MacDev Clone, Luxe, Dye Matrix, Proto Matrix, G3 and G4s and FEP Quests are all examples of Spool valves. Generally, these feel softer and quieter in the hands when they shoot but their efficiency leaves something to be desired. Due to more moving seals they also tend to leak more and because of less material used they can be cheaper than poppits with the exception of the super-highends that probably have close to a 200% overhead.

3. Inline poppit (aka Inlines)- Empire Axe, Invert Mini, AGD Automag and the PE Etha are all exampled of inline poppits. Most people will describe these as the best of both worlds because it is very similar to most spools and poppits. However, while it might be good in almost every category it doesnt excel in any of them, in my opinion, but they can still be a great starter marker to help you decide which path you want to take with markers.

CCM is a brand that makes high-end pump markers. Really good product but not something 95% of players will be looking for. They are best known for their pump kits which can be used on most Autocockers and their standalone models which are the S6, T2 and S6.5 models.

If you want to know bunker names do a quick search either in this section or the New Player section. There are multiple threads asking the same thing. However, the most important things to know can be learned from watching games through the net; Just pay attention to what people are calling out and you will be able to piece together what is what.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:10 PM #3
Bconaway

Bconaway is BST Trusted
Bconaway owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Bconaway plays in the APPA beginner division
Bconaway has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bconaway has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bconaway has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Bconaway has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Thanks so much for your help, explained alot for me
Thank You

AlphaBaller