PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-08-2012, 12:18 PM #22
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraSuper View Post
Are you saying you're trying to get laid? Sure sounds like it
He's married, so it's entirely plausible.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2012, 01:01 PM #23
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
I'm more interested in the mind/consciousness than the ****ing brain.
If you haven't read it already, I suggest a run at Daniel Dennett's Counsciousness Explained.

Interesting questions, though it may not be exactly what you're looking for.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:22 PM #24
yesme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tafari Makonnen View Post
Not only are you an economics guru, but you have gained expertise on the physiology of the human brain?

I am frightened to see what source you are using...
Yes i understand your more interested in someone with creds telling you stuff rather then finding things out for yourself.

We already knew you were a tool.

Hey there is a class for that bro, go take it and then come back and act like you know something that someone has already told you...lol
yesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:31 PM #25
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesme View Post
Yes i understand your more interested in someone with creds telling you stuff rather then finding things out for yourself.

Hey there is a class for that bro, go take it and then come back and act like you know something that someone has already told you...lol
Are you against the format of a class or learning from someone altogether? Because the distinction between a class room and a book isn't very big. I could still say "go read it and then come back and act like you know something that someone has already told you". Now, if you are critiquing the idea of learning something from people in general, we would never get out of the stone age. Either way, your point is rather absurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
If you haven't read it already, I suggest a run at Daniel Dennett's Counsciousness Explained.

I've been reading Dennett's Elbow Room. Heady stuff, but interesting none the less.
Old 11-08-2012, 01:42 PM #26
Tafari Makonnen
His Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesme View Post

So how does a janitor "find out" about the inner workings of the brain? You have no education and certainly don't have access to any equipment to allow you to research this first hand, let alone the training to use it. You don't have any patients or volunteers to evaluate either. You have a trailer and an internet connection... I suppose that you would be limited to reading about the topic then, huh? You just get told something by someone through text.

What sources are you reading?

You sit on a computer and read garbage while lacking the intellectual capacity to evaluate any of it, then pretend you are better than someone who has a proper education? So going to a University, conducting research, designing and manufacturing things, and then being employed in your field where you use the skills you developed on a daily basis is less valuable than you sitting and regurgitating drivel you read posted by who the **** knows on a website?

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph.
Tafari Makonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 02:08 PM #27
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:

Buy it for me.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:38 PM #28
Treghc

Quote:
Buy it for me.
How about I send you my copy once my roommate is done with it?

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Old 11-08-2012, 03:30 PM #29
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
How about I send you my copy once my roommate is done with it?
Deal.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:00 PM #30
Treghc

Quote:
Deal.
Deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
I've been reading Dennett's Elbow Room. Heady stuff, but interesting none the less.
From what I've read, that sounds like him...

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Old 11-08-2012, 04:47 PM #31
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!

Overbear is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraSuper View Post
I'm not doing anything different.
So, plotting terrorist acts, figuring out ways to shove your religious views down the throats of "infdels" and doing all you can to try and make people think you and your "brothers" are good people...got it.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Overbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:51 PM #32
jamest91

jamest91 helped look for balloons
jamest91 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jamest91 is for the Gunfight
jamest91 supports Sherwood Forest
now that the election and everything is done I am starting development of my indie game with some classmates.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:12 PM #33
Treghc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
now that the election and everything is done I am starting development of my indie game with some classmates.
What part of the development will you be handling?

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Old 11-08-2012, 08:50 PM #34
Umami
Mad as a hatter

Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Iamamartianchurch - I thought of you when I saw this.

I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:24 PM #35
jamest91

Quote:
What part of the development will you be handling?
Modeling, animation, mapping, Web design
Old 11-08-2012, 09:46 PM #36
Treghc

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamest91 View Post
Modeling, animation, mapping, Web design
Interesting. Didn't know you were in to that ****. What engine? What do you use for asset creation and/or animation?

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Old 11-09-2012, 12:33 AM #37
yesme

Quote:
Are you against the format of a class or learning from someone altogether? Because the distinction between a class room and a book isn't very big. I could still say "go read it and then come back and act like you know something that someone has already told you". Now, if you are critiquing the idea of learning something from people in general, we would never get out of the stone age. Either way, your point is rather absurd.

I was just mocking flame boy, because he thinks the only way to learn something is by paying 40k a year to have someone read it to him. Which is fine for hands on skills.

I guess before college came along, people did not build **** like the great pyramids, that his DUMB *** still can't build today.

Not only that, but because he had a PROPER education(aka stuffed schedule with classes that had nothing to do with his major), he is somehow more intellectual then everyone else.

Quote:
So how does a janitor "find out" about the inner workings of the brain? You have no education and certainly don't have access to any equipment to allow you to research this first hand, let alone the training to use it.

First, i'm over the cuteness of the janitor joke. How does anyone find out about the inner workings of the brain? Am i doing it as a hobby or a career do you think? Do i need to run tests to get the basic jest of it you think? Have you ever talked to any leader in ANY field? If you have, i'm sure you know that if i ever wanted to lend an ear, most experts are more then willing to fill in any gaps in my education.

Why would i need to use it? Does knowledge have to come with a job attached? Are you not curious to understand yourself better? Yet i'm the stupid one? You who know all because of the proper education you paid dearly for(but must have gotten a less proper education then ANY harvard grad).

You tickle me with your blinding ignorance.

Quote:
Same ones you are dip****, you ain't the only one with a library card.

Quote:
You sit on a computer and read garbage while lacking the intellectual capacity to evaluate any of it, then pretend you are better than someone who has a proper education?
Love it man, keep the laughs coming. Proper would be yale, harvard, princeton. You got a pricey, best you could do, education. Lets not try to kid our self ok.

Quote:
So going to a University, conducting research, designing and manufacturing things, and then being employed in your field where you use the skills you developed on a daily basis is less valuable than you sitting and regurgitating drivel you read posted by who the **** knows on a website?

How did i know you were going to bring up the old, i went and payed lots of money because i have this belief that only people that get a paper saying they paid a lot of money can be smart. Bravo dimwit!

Last edited by yesme : 11-09-2012 at 06:27 AM.
yesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:39 AM #38
jamest91

Quote:
Interesting. Didn't know you were in to that ****. What engine? What do you use for asset creation and/or animation?
Ya I goto school for 3d animation and vfx lol

Engine is cryengine 3 and modelling/animation is done through maya and zbrush mostly
Old 11-09-2012, 09:58 AM #39
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umami View Post
Iamamartianchurch - I thought of you when I saw this.

Old 11-09-2012, 11:04 AM #40
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tafari Makonnen View Post
So how does a janitor "find out" about the inner workings of the brain? You have no education and certainly don't have access to any equipment to allow you to research this first hand, let alone the training to use it. You don't have any patients or volunteers to evaluate either. You have a trailer and an internet connection... I suppose that you would be limited to reading about the topic then, huh? You just get told something by someone through text.

You sit on a computer and read garbage while lacking the intellectual capacity to evaluate any of it, then pretend you are better than someone who has a proper education? So going to a University, conducting research, designing and manufacturing things, and then being employed in your field where you use the skills you developed on a daily basis is less valuable than you sitting and regurgitating drivel you read posted by who the **** knows on a website?
Another educational pedigree argument. Isn't that one of those... what is that fallacy again? Someone help me out that went to a class about it, I only read it out of pure interest during my free time so any knowledge I have should be discounted. I'm just a high-school drop out, anyway.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:12 AM #41
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Studies have shown that people learn better in small groups. I'll see if i can dig it up.
Old 11-09-2012, 02:05 PM #42
jamest91

Quote:
Studies have shown that people learn better in small groups. I'll see if i can dig it up.
you shouldnt have to post studies for this. we all know its true.