Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-11-2012, 09:35 AM #1
tsm181

What would you do if you were me.

So I bought a new Extcy about two weeks ago. The second I plugged in a tank, I heard a leak. I immediately sent it back to the manufacturer. Yesterday, I got it back. The noticeable leak was gone. However, just to be sure, I left the tank in and noticed that there was still a small continual decrease in air without firing. When I says small, I mean about 300 psi over about an hour. Since it is so small, part of me thinks I shouldn't worry about it but on the other hand, it's a new gun and it should at least start out in perfect condition. Do you recommend sending it back to the manufacturer? Any things I should check on my own. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
tsm181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:34 AM #2
prettylou
Por favor nene!

prettylou donated to help Peyton Trent
prettylou is playing at Living Legends III
prettylou is playing at Living Legends V
prettylou supports DLX Technology
USe the gun....break it in and see how it goes. What you think may be a leak or loss of air could actually be pressures in the tank leveling out. When you flash fill a tank, you will get reading of a full tank because of tank temperatures....*** the tank cools, the pressure reading will drop. Not saying this is your case but you never know. Take it out, shoot it, have fun and see what happens from there.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:55 AM #3
[NA]WARLORD

[NA]WARLORD is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
[NA]WARLORD has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
[NA]WARLORD supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettylou View Post
USe the gun....break it in and see how it goes. What you think may be a leak or loss of air could actually be pressures in the tank leveling out. When you flash fill a tank, you will get reading of a full tank because of tank temperatures....*** the tank cools, the pressure reading will drop. Not saying this is your case but you never know. Take it out, shoot it, have fun and see what happens from there.
This

Esp the tank pressure stabilizing - go to youtube, look for this video " Hot vs Cold HPA Fill - Losing 300psi after leaving the fill " (exact title) and never leave a full tank on your gun pressurized, this creates stress on the seals internally and may cause your gun to leak down the road.
[NA]WARLORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:06 PM #4
postman1
Reservoir Dogs

Agreed....a few times you may hear a small leak but once you start taking some shots the leak will go away.

-- Proudly Sponsored By --
GOG - Luxe - Valken - QuickShot - Virtue - FogDoc - TechT - DeadlyWind
postman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 12:26 PM #5
SouthernStyle

Of course if you leave the marker gassed up its going to loose its air over time. You might want to check your tank for leaks as well. I know I had this same issue and it actually turned out to be the tank and not the marker.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:30 AM #6
ShoopDaWhoop900
Go Noles!

ShoopDaWhoop900 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
ShoopDaWhoop900 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ShoopDaWhoop900 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I had a problem with my eXTCy leaking a bit too when i first got it. I decided to play anyways and at the end of the day i noticed the leak had completly stopped.
ShoopDaWhoop900 is offline   Reply With Quote