PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-07-2012, 10:26 PM #1
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Where to now?

A slightly different spin:

As the election coverage is wrapping up and the political high-life is dying down, where will you be moving you intellectual attention to? I'm not saying that you or I should abandon politics, but I certainly see free time and thought of mine that was used for economics and politics to be moved towards a new subject of discovery. I'm not necessarily looking for an answer, rather just a fun collaboration of ideas. What's next for you in your pursuit of knowledge?

Personally, I am thinking of learning more about economic theory or perhaps continental philosophy. Or maybe nothing for a bit. Nothing sounds nice.

Thoughts?
Advertisement
Old 11-07-2012, 10:42 PM #2
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Business for me.
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:43 PM #3
Blake360

Collecting welfare is a business now?
Blake360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:43 PM #4
tsbalr120
Goooonsberry

tsbalr120 is an NCPA player
tsbalr120 is Legendary
Idk.

Maybe history. I've always been interested in early american history. Not very advanced as yours but whatever. Gotta start somewhere.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:39 PM #5
Havoc-paintballer
Long Barrelled Pistolier

Havoc-paintballer is for the Gunfight
Havoc-paintballer posts videos on PbNation
Havoc-paintballer has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Havoc-paintballer has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Havoc-paintballer is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake360 View Post
ROFL. This made me literally lol wow

Havoc-paintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 11:54 PM #6
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havoc-paintballer View Post
ROFL. This made me literally lol wow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake360 View Post
try to stay on topic please

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbalr120 View Post
Maybe history. I've always been interested in early american history. Not very advanced as yours but whatever. Gotta start somewhere.
Ya, I want to get into Alexander Hamilton. I found an article about him that I really liked but have never followed through.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:55 AM #7
yesme

Any of you interested in how the brain works? Or just interested in filling it with information passed on to you?
yesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:36 AM #8
F1VENOM

has been a member for 10 years
Full attention back to superconductors and trying to keep up with foreign and domestic politics.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:40 AM #9
Matt.is.back2011

Economics has always interested me. I'm intrested in the fiscal cliff and what approach our Gov't takes to solve the problem in the short term (2 months) and long term (1-3 years).

Outside that, I'll continue to read lots of books and I'd like to learn to play the piano. Oh, and becoming bi-lingual has been a long term goal for me. I just need to find the motivation to begin.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:20 AM #10
Tafari Makonnen
His Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesme View Post
Any of you interested in how the brain works? Or just interested in filling it with information passed on to you?
Not only are you an economics guru, but you have gained expertise on the physiology of the human brain?

I am frightened to see what source you are using...

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph.
Tafari Makonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:28 AM #11
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
A slightly different spin:

As the election coverage is wrapping up and the political high-life is dying down, where will you be moving you intellectual attention to? I'm not saying that you or I should abandon politics, but I certainly see free time and thought of mine that was used for economics and politics to be moved towards a new subject of discovery. I'm not necessarily looking for an answer, rather just a fun collaboration of ideas. What's next for you in your pursuit of knowledge?

Personally, I am thinking of learning more about economic theory or perhaps continental philosophy. Or maybe nothing for a bit. Nothing sounds nice.

Thoughts?
I've still got a few books to finish I've been sitting on. Been meaning to pick up some Coomaraswamy. I never had a huge stake on the elections anyway. That sort of thing just ain't my bag baby.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:50 AM #12
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
My interests haven't and won't change - conserving the beautiful, adherence to the unenforceable, early US history, looking further into involvement in local politics, and Jesus building my hot-rod.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:03 AM #13
StellarKnight
Mind Erasure

StellarKnight is a Supporting Member
StellarKnight is a founding member
StellarKnight has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
Jesus building my hot-rod.
Jesus building, you say? Do explain.
Evil presupposes a moral decision, intention, and some forethought. A moron doesn't stop to think or reason. He acts on instinct, like a stable animal, convinced he's doing good, that he's always right, and sanctimoniously proud to go around ****ing up . . .What the world needs is more thoroughly evil people and fewer idiot ****heads.
StellarKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:08 AM #14
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Well, it isn't done. So I can't ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long yet. Hence building vice built.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:23 AM #15
Peppermint

The economy and it's situation still interests me. Europe in particular is in a debt crisis. Also here in the US cities are going bankrupt or needing bailouts. Some cities are making reforms, becoming leaner, hiring fewer workers. I'm guessing this trend will continue over the coming years.

Hope I'm wrong with that prediction! But overall, I don't believe the President when he says taxing the wealthy a little more will solve our governments debt crisis.

I believe an undercurrent to our changing economy involves our move away from being a manufacturing society to an information society. At first blue color jobs where hit with automation. Most Americans held jobs in factores. Now only around 11% do, largely to do automation. Additionally of late, white color jobs are being effected by computers and the internet.

What is interesting is what that means for our government services as they are built around supporting a robust manufacturing country, with many white color jobs.

What will interest me is learning more about our new internet age, and how our society will re-organize its self.

"Obama: Industrial-Age Solutions To Information-Age Challenges"

snippet:

Quote:
...Nevertheless, he argues persuasively that America is undergoing a "transformation from a late-stage industrial society to an early-stage information society (that) is disruptive and painful but ultimately liberating and benign."
Post-World War II America was a nation of big units: the leaders of big government, big business and big labor made decisions and provided security for those in their organizations.
If you went to college, you could go into management or a profession and expect a lifetime of good earnings and a comfy pension. If you got a factory job, it was for life, and unions bargained for ever-higher wages and benefits.
That's not the America we live in anymore. Government has grown bigger. But big business doesn't generate jobs; most are created by small businesses and startups. Unions have shrunk, and most union members are public employees.
Meanwhile, public policies have remained in place. Every year, government transfers increasing amounts from working-age taxpayers to the elderly through Social Security and Medicare. ObamaCare amplifies this by requiring young workers to buy expensive insurance far beyond their needs....
Read More At IBD: http://news.investors.com/ibd-editor...#ixzz2Be2XaclF
Peppermint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:29 AM #16
scienceguy

Quote:
Well, it isn't done. So I can't ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long yet. Hence building vice built.
I agree, The mind is a terrible thing to taste.
scienceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:47 AM #17
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesme View Post
I'm more interested in the mind/consciousness than the ****ing brain.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:07 AM #18
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
I'm more interested in the mind/consciousness than the ****ing brain.
have you read the social animal by brooks? you would enjoy it.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:25 AM #19
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
have you read the social animal by brooks? you would enjoy it.
Never heard of it. I'll sheck it out.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:26 AM #20
custar

I have an army to run.

custar

"That the said Constitution shall never be construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United states who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
Samuel Adams
Ave Caesar Obama! Tributituri ad moritus te salutant.

Looking for Action Markers Diadem Tanks for sale

Old feedback thread
custar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:17 PM #21
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity

Quote:
Are you saying you're trying to get laid? Sure sounds like it

I'm not doing anything different.
SupraSuper is offline   Reply With Quote