PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-04-2012, 08:39 PM #1
bubblebob88again

bubblebob88again has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Long term SLG users?

It's been a while my 08 SLG has been out since I changed hobbies but I broke it out this weekend and enjoyed some paintballing finally for the first time in a while.

A bit of history, back in 2007 I believe when they first announced and started taking preorders for the SLG locally, my at the time girlfriend (now my wonderful wife) bought and surprised me with one for Christmas as back then I played on a 5 man team and always complained about how heavy my Impulse was.

I used it for a while and during kind of an off season started having issues with the bolt setting too far back I think? Anyways, had the plastic tip of the bolt replaced with an aluminum like I believe many did. Second I noticed the stock detents kind of stunk so a new designz spring detents kit went in also. The gun shot as it should and eventually I added a new designz clamping feedneck which is pretty much a must for any gun, then added the ultra light trigger as well as a lighter switch to help achieve higher rates of fire. Gun has shot great and was a little hungry for air.

Speed forward to this weekend. Tossed in new batteries and hopped in some recreational games. First thing I realized my 48ci/3K tank lasts maybe 3 hoppers but it is a fairly small tank. Gun had no issues, shot great and quick, and even shot great with some brittle year old paint. Not very loud but not as quiet as my old Impulse.

Near the end of my day I remembered my only complaints from back in the day, the stock grips having a gap and the factory asa wiggles loose.

Anyone else use one long term and still using it?

05 Smart Parts Impulse: NDZ Trigger, Blackheart board, Tapeworm, Evil Punch Kit. Plans for a low profile feedneck, Evil internals and respirator.
bubblebob88again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2012, 11:57 AM #2
Tikiman12

I still have Mine from early 2008. I havent used it in over a year but it worked when I got it and it worked all they way until I put it away.

I need to get out to a field soon and play again. I'm sure the SLG will be ready to go again with some lube and a fresh tank lol.

http://www.pbnation.com/feedback.php?u=381989
Ebay feedback:
http://myworld.ebay.com/tikiman121086/
Tikiman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:04 PM #3
bubblebob88again

bubblebob88again has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Mine seemed to hold up just fine against the newer guns, granted skill greatly comes into play over what you're shooting for the most part, but I was pretty happy with it.

I committed to my addiction by buying a new hpa tank Although with my other pricey hobbies, photography and building a car, I think I might need to drop something if I want to paintball more frequently.

05 Smart Parts Impulse: NDZ Trigger, Blackheart board, Tapeworm, Evil Punch Kit. Plans for a low profile feedneck, Evil internals and respirator.
bubblebob88again is offline   Reply With Quote