Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-05-2012, 12:30 AM #1
Mr2racer7

Looking into getting a Karnivor

As the title says I am looking into getting an Autococker Karnivor. I am an old school guy that used to play with spiders, automags, and 97 autococker. I am fairly new to the newer electronic markers. With that being said, is there anything I should look out for when looking for a Karnivor? What kind of price range should I be looking to at and is there anything else i should know?
Mr2racer7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2012, 01:09 AM #2
requiem2
boom boom king

300-500 depending on condition, colors and rarity. Plenty on BST and eBay. I'd recommend an E2 over the E1 better battery life, more shooting options.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:19 AM #3
Nickdennis

Nickdennis owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Nickdennis is for the Gunfight
Nickdennis supports Pev's Paintball
Nickdennis has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
If you are new to kanivors MAKE SURE THE INTERNALS ARE GOOD...if you never used a karni before the internals are shall we say...unique. Very good gun though I have three and may get a fourth one very soon
Old 11-05-2012, 10:00 AM #4
Mr2racer7

That sounds good. I still have my 97 autococker from when I played years ago. If the karnivor's internals are simular then I don't see myself having trouble fixing or tuning it. 300-500 does not sound too bad. Thanks guys.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:52 PM #5
holson72

holson72 posts videos on PbNation
holson72 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
They are similar in concept, but the parts don't interchange.

ZeroB, Tadao, or E2 boards are worth the extra $$$ over the E1. Other than that...look for upgraded pneumatics to set the price a little higher.
holson72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:02 PM #6
Mr2racer7

I am currently looking at this one in the BST section. http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...light=karnivor

Seems to be what you guys are recommending. Any thing i should know before pulling the trigger?
Old 11-05-2012, 06:19 PM #7
requiem2
boom boom king

That one looks good, I've purchased from Bosch before and was really happy in the end.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:46 PM #8
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

that looks like a nice one, it has the newer frame that came stock with an e2/zero-b. the bigger window is the giveaway. the older frames that came with e1s the window is smaller and offset to the right a little. also has an mp4 ram with the integrated qev's instead of the other one with normal qev's

i had one very similar to that, serial number was even close lol. i really enjoyed it.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:44 PM #9
Mr2racer7

Thank you guys for the great information. I would hate to buy a lesser model. I pulled the trigger and I am now the new owner of it. I can't wait to receive it in the mail!!
Old 11-06-2012, 09:19 AM #10
Nickdennis

Nickdennis owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Nickdennis is for the Gunfight
Nickdennis supports Pev's Paintball
Nickdennis has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
That one looks good, not a bad price either.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:18 PM #11
Mr2racer7

I received the Karni and its a work of art. I have not shot it yet but i adjusted the trigger to my liking. It has a nice predictable linear feel to it now. I am wondering about one thing but its just me being picky. Are the solenoid 3 way valve housing threads not the same or slightly smaller than the block it bolts down to?
Old 11-12-2012, 02:55 PM #12
dbkid0486

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2racer7 View Post
Are the solenoid 3 way valve housing threads not the same or slightly smaller than the block it bolts down to?
are you asking if the housing threads and front block noid threads are the same?

they are. Tolerances might be off slightly causing a loose fit. You can either use Teflon tape, loctite, or install a set screw to prevent it from moving.

ClosedBoltBallers
dbkid0486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 04:22 PM #13
Mr2racer7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbkid0486 View Post
are you asking if the housing threads and front block noid threads are the same?

they are. Tolerances might be off slightly causing a loose fit. You can either use Teflon tape, loctite, or install a set screw to prevent it from moving.
I am not sure if i follow you but I am talking about the housing that holds the solenoid and bolts up to the block on the gun. Either way your suggestion of using teflon tape is perfect. I can't believe I did not think of it. I know its not a critical item that needs to be tight but I am going to add some teflon tap to make it snug.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:42 AM #14
cmdrsuds

Quote:
I am not sure if i follow you but I am talking about the housing that holds the solenoid and bolts up to the block on the gun. Either way your suggestion of using teflon tape is perfect. I can't believe I did not think of it. I know its not a critical item that needs to be tight but I am going to add some teflon tap to make it snug.
First thing you should probably buy is a barrel back with a smaller bore, they still have the stock Karnivor barrels here and they even come in dust black!!!

http://paintballgateway.com/wgpbarrels1.html

-
DENVER KAOS
cmdrsuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:34 AM #15
Darkapollo

For $40 just get it bored for freaks.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:59 PM #16
Mr2racer7

What size bore do you guys recommend?

Darkapollo: Are you saying get the Karnivor machined? Whats the benefit of it?
Old 11-13-2012, 05:43 PM #17
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

hes saying just get the barrel you have bored to accept freak inserts. i think most people do it for about $30, then you get the looks of a matching stock barrel and the benefits of a freak kit.

although i havent used anything bigger than .682 or .684 on my cockers in 2 years. rarely do i use the .684.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:38 PM #18
Darkapollo

Quote:
What size bore do you guys recommend?

Darkapollo: Are you saying get the Karnivor machined? Whats the benefit of it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_816 View Post
hes saying just get the barrel you have bored to accept freak inserts. i think most people do it for about $30, then you get the looks of a matching stock barrel and the benefits of a freak kit.

although i havent used anything bigger than .682 or .684 on my cockers in 2 years. rarely do i use the .684.
Rebel hit it on the nose.

The barrel backs on PBG are $40. If you are going to spend that coin on ONE back you might as well spend $10 less and get the back you have now, which is a useless .689 , bored out for freak inserts, pick up one or two inserts or find a kit and never worry about only having a limited size back.

Im a stickler for matching barrels and guns.. since a Ti Kaner kit was not to be had for cheap, and I alrady have a full freak kit, and my Karni is NEVER being sold, I sent it off to SSC (I won a raffle and this was my prize) for a freak bore.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:57 PM #19
Mr2racer7

I looked into the freak kit and I like the idea but i don't completely agree with it. I am actually looking at the Lapco barrels. I read the only down side is that they are loud. What do you guys think? What bore should I be looking into if i going to buy a Lapco barrel? I am not dead set on Lapco but I cant seem to find reviews on others that are more accurate than them.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:33 PM #20
rschoi_75

Annual Supporting Member
rschoi_75 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
rschoi_75 is attending Decay of Nations VII
I'm with all the other guys on this one. Freak bore the Kaner barrel and get some a .675, .679, .684 inserts and you'll be all set.

As for a lapco barrel, the smallest bore I've seen is a .684. So get that one or the smallest bore you can find.
rschoi_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:10 PM #21
cmdrsuds

Bore your barrel forgot that was an option. Best way to go for sure.

-
DENVER KAOS
cmdrsuds is offline   Reply With Quote