Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyNews Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2012, 05:36 PM #694
randomdean100
 
 
randomdean100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Your mom's bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
Actually they did claim this marker was improved.



Sounds like good reason for people to ***** to me. Releasing the same marker and telling people it's somehow more advanced and innovative.
Ego 7 to ego 8 anyone? They have innovated, they have put new features into their guns that other companies don't have. They never said the innovative new features were only on this gun, they never said the features were new this year. They just said innovative features. Maybe they fixed some tolerances, maybe they adjusted the lpr. Have you shot it yet? has anyone actually done any extensive testing to prove it is not indeed better than the previous model? Maybe we should get some actual comparisions before you go saying it's not indeed better. It may be, it may not be. If it is jsut as good as the last years dm, but is even a hair lighter, shorter, or more efficient than it is the best dm to date. Again they haven't raised the price, so why are you complaining?
__________________
ST:TECH -Clay kills GDTs
You start out stealing songs, then you're robbing liquor stores, and selling crack and running over schoolkids with your car!
PBN modsquad - lols for brains
randomdean100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-04-2012, 05:43 PM #695
tim2thousand4
Coming Soon!!
 
tim2thousand4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: St. Louis
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
tim2thousand4 is BST Legit
tim2thousand4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tim2thousand4 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomdean100 View Post
Ego 7 to ego 8 anyone? They have innovated, they have put new features into their guns that other companies don't have. They never said the innovative new features were only on this gun, they never said the features were new this year. They just said innovative features. Maybe they fixed some tolerances, maybe they adjusted the lpr. Have you shot it yet? has anyone actually done any extensive testing to prove it is not indeed better than the previous model? Maybe we should get some actual comparisions before you go saying it's not indeed better. It may be, it may not be. If it is jsut as good as the last years dm, but is even a hair lighter, shorter, or more efficient than it is the best dm to date. Again they haven't raised the price, so why are you complaining?
That's not a good analogy. Ego 8 was improved over the 7.
__________________
Have questions about the New Bob Long Onslaught? PM me

LV1's, T2K Onslaught, LL8 Guns, 3.5, Squish 2.0, and more! Offer up!

WWW.T2KPB.COM

NEW IN BOX CLONE 5'S... http://www.t2kpb.com/category-s/1856.htm
tim2thousand4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:46 PM #696
randomdean100
 
 
randomdean100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Your mom's bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim2thousand4 View Post
That's not a good analogy. Ego 8 was improved over the 7.
How so? Pretty sure it was heavier, used the same bolt, same rammer, pretty much the same board, same eyes. And if you say they added an upgraded bolt or rammer stock why aren't you pissed at pe for keeping the ego 7 design and just releasing the bolt and rammer seperately instead of ripping you off by making you buy the new gun...
__________________
ST:TECH -Clay kills GDTs
You start out stealing songs, then you're robbing liquor stores, and selling crack and running over schoolkids with your car!
PBN modsquad - lols for brains
randomdean100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:48 PM #697
96 Ls lnteg
Hola
 
96 Ls lnteg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Diego
Annual Supporting Member
96 Ls lnteg is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
96 Ls lnteg is a Paintball photographer
96 Ls lnteg owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Didn't they get rid of qevs in the 8?
__________________
ProPaintball
Planet Eclipse
96 Ls lnteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:51 PM #698
michael.bruton
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Fort Mill, SC
Annual Supporting Member
michael.bruton donated to help Peyton Trent
michael.bruton plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Ls lnteg View Post
Didn't they get rid of qevs in the 8?
Believe the QEVs were implemented as a single unit as opposed to separate units.
__________________
michael.bruton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:56 PM #699
randomdean100
 
 
randomdean100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Your mom's bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Ls lnteg View Post
Didn't they get rid of qevs in the 8?
ooooh, aaah, and that's not a minor change how?
__________________
ST:TECH -Clay kills GDTs
You start out stealing songs, then you're robbing liquor stores, and selling crack and running over schoolkids with your car!
PBN modsquad - lols for brains
randomdean100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:27 PM #700
tim2thousand4
Coming Soon!!
 
tim2thousand4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: St. Louis
Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
tim2thousand4 is BST Legit
tim2thousand4 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tim2thousand4 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomdean100

ooooh, aaah, and that's not a minor change how?
Why are you angry?
__________________
Have questions about the New Bob Long Onslaught? PM me

LV1's, T2K Onslaught, LL8 Guns, 3.5, Squish 2.0, and more! Offer up!

WWW.T2KPB.COM

NEW IN BOX CLONE 5'S... http://www.t2kpb.com/category-s/1856.htm
tim2thousand4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:30 PM #701
randomdean100
 
 
randomdean100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Your mom's bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim2thousand4 View Post
Why are you angry?
I'm not angry lol, just find it funny that people are so blind in following their favorite company that they refuse to admit that their favorite company is guilty of the same exact things they are angry at another company for. Pot meet kettle, eclipse meet dye.
__________________
ST:TECH -Clay kills GDTs
You start out stealing songs, then you're robbing liquor stores, and selling crack and running over schoolkids with your car!
PBN modsquad - lols for brains
randomdean100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 08:59 PM #702
Cracker_35
Saltine or Graham?
 
Cracker_35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Georgia
Cracker_35 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Cracker_35 is Legendary
At least Eclipse doesn't pretend they're selling a different gun.
Cracker_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 09:14 PM #703
randomdean100
 
 
randomdean100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Your mom's bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cracker_35 View Post
At least Eclipse doesn't pretend they're selling a different gun.
Dye isn't pretending that they're selling a different gun. It's still a matrix, it's just a different year matrix. When will people get it through their childish heads that a new years model != new gun. When dye came out with the nt that was a new gun, when dye came out with the rail that was a new gun, when they released the slg that was a new gun, when they release a new years matrix they are not selling a different gun, they are selling a different year and model of the same gun. Sometimes it is updated majorly, sometimes it is not.
__________________
ST:TECH -Clay kills GDTs
You start out stealing songs, then you're robbing liquor stores, and selling crack and running over schoolkids with your car!
PBN modsquad - lols for brains
randomdean100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:09 AM #704
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See
 
Soul06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NY ((718)) NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomdean100

I'm not angry lol, just find it funny that people are so blind in following their favorite company that they refuse to admit that their favorite company is guilty of the same exact things they are angry at another company for. Pot meet kettle, eclipse meet dye.
No you're angry. You are trying to use PE as an example to validate Dye's release. Thing is you are incorrect and that's what we are saying. You are saying PE is doing the same thing DYE is but no one complains. But fact is they aren't.

Fact 1: There are very clear differences between the Ego10 and Ego11 which I pointed out and you ignored. What are the differences between the DM12 and DM13 aside from milling?

Fact 2: When PE was releasing yearly Egos they were taking A LOT of flack from people mad they were dropping a new marker with only one or two changes. PE finally listened to the customers and decided to stop. Well for more reasons than that but that was one. So why are you so angry and surprised that people are upset at DYE for continuing the same? Releasing yearly markers with even less changes.
__________________
"You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts" ~ POTUS

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 08:38 AM #705
randomdean100
 
 
randomdean100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Your mom's bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
No you're angry. You are trying to use PE as an example to validate Dye's release. Thing is you are incorrect and that's what we are saying. You are saying PE is doing the same thing DYE is but no one complains. But fact is they aren't.

Fact 1: There are very clear differences between the Ego10 and Ego11 which I pointed out and you ignored. What are the differences between the DM12 and DM13 aside from milling?

Fact 2: When PE was releasing yearly Egos they were taking A LOT of flack from people mad they were dropping a new marker with only one or two changes. PE finally listened to the customers and decided to stop. Well for more reasons than that but that was one. So why are you so angry and surprised that people are upset at DYE for continuing the same? Releasing yearly markers with even less changes.
Yeah, because someone is holding a gun to your head forcing you to get this years model...
__________________
ST:TECH -Clay kills GDTs
You start out stealing songs, then you're robbing liquor stores, and selling crack and running over schoolkids with your car!
PBN modsquad - lols for brains
randomdean100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:37 AM #706
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See
 
Soul06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NY ((718)) NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomdean100 View Post
Yeah, because someone is holding a gun to your head forcing you to get this years model...
I take this response as a sign that you acknowledge what I said as truth/fact but you simply don't want to concede. That fine though
__________________
"You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts" ~ POTUS

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:55 AM #707
heman101
The Great One!
 
heman101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: San DIego, Ca
heman101 is playing at Living Legends VI
heman101 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
heman101 supports Team VICIOUS
heman101 supports DLX Technology
Either company can care less about you little girls *****ing. They still gonna make money, people are gonna buy PE and Dye just cause of there
Name. *****ing about one of the biggest gun companies for years about the same **** but people still buy it. GET OVER IT CHILD. No one really cares. Personally I use both companies. If I had a chance to use the 13 over the 12 I would, who wouldn't? People always want change, they can still make the Same model gun and change the name and still make money. They can do what they want. They're the Suppliers we're the consumers, can't get around that.
__________________
My OLD Feedback (+14,-0)
Ipad Mini 16gb+LTE FSO
heman101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:57 AM #708
~Proto~
Jan 2k6'r
 
~Proto~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: SEPA
~Proto~ plays in the USPL
~Proto~ helped look for balloons
~Proto~ owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
~Proto~ has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I remember coming on here and the dm6 was just coming out, paintball companies are really running out of ideas for guns. its the same god damn thing for the last 6 years
__________________
****
~Proto~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:06 AM #709
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass
 
aresfiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rice Lake, WI
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
The thing is, both the Egos and the Matrixes really stopped MAJOR innovations past their 2009 model. Since then, they've just been working on the luxury components of their markers. Like PE's larger screen on the 10/11 Egos and then the extension of the console rubber all the way up the back of the 11's gripframe. Dye moved to the wraparound grips and the soft rubber at the front of the marker.

Either way, Dye released the exact same marker with smaller windows and flipped the logo causing the DM12 to depreciate in value whereas Planet Eclipse hasn't done anything to force the depreciation of the Ego11 and in the case of the Geo2 the Geo3 actually had some major innovation.
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:00 PM #710
randomdean100
 
 
randomdean100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Your mom's bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul06 View Post
I take this response as a sign that you acknowledge what I said as truth/fact but you simply don't want to concede. That fine though
Well then you take it the wrong way, I don't feel like arguing anymore with children who complain at change when the gun is the same exac price as it has always been. You seem to be of the opinion that dye is scamming you or being dishonest with their business practices, when they are nothing of the sort. Oooh, they released a new model, it's not 10000x better than the last they should just follow pe and not do yearly releases. No one is forcing you to get this years matrix, some people may like the looks more, some people may not. There really haven't much improvement on guns in any aspect since 07. A gun from 07 can still compete with guns of today. Why aren't you getting angry that every company has released new guns since 07 when there really haven't been major improvements on ANY front other than a little bit of a smaller size...
__________________
ST:TECH -Clay kills GDTs
You start out stealing songs, then you're robbing liquor stores, and selling crack and running over schoolkids with your car!
PBN modsquad - lols for brains
randomdean100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:03 PM #711
randomdean100
 
 
randomdean100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Your mom's bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresfiend View Post
Either way, Dye released the exact same marker with smaller windows and flipped the logo causing the DM12 to depreciate in value whereas Planet Eclipse hasn't done anything to force the depreciation of the Ego11 and in the case of the Geo2 the Geo3 actually had some major innovation.
The company owes you nothing more than a working gun. It is not the companies job to regulate the free market of used guns, it is not the companies job to make sure you can sell your used gun for more than you can now. Because we all know that a companies main goal is to make their used guns depreciate in value, actually having their old guns depreciate so much in value with relatively no improvement is bad for their business, because it means that people who would buy a new gun will just go buy a used older model for much much cheaper.
__________________
ST:TECH -Clay kills GDTs
You start out stealing songs, then you're robbing liquor stores, and selling crack and running over schoolkids with your car!
PBN modsquad - lols for brains
randomdean100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:09 PM #712
aresfiend
Snake player McFatass
 
aresfiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Rice Lake, WI
aresfiend has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
aresfiend supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomdean100 View Post
The company owes you nothing more than a working gun. It is not the companies job to regulate the free market of used guns, it is not the companies job to make sure you can sell your used gun for more than you can now. Because we all know that a companies main goal is to make their used guns depreciate in value, actually having their old guns depreciate so much in value with relatively no improvement is bad for their business, because it means that people who would buy a new gun will just go buy a used older model for much much cheaper.
Bro, calm down, nobody was attacking you.

We all know that, but if a company releases the "New" 2013 model for a higher price than the 2012 model then the 2012 model will have an instant depreciation for no change as opposed to just keeping the 2012.
aresfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:36 PM #713
randomdean100
 
 
randomdean100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Your mom's bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by aresfiend View Post
Bro, calm down, nobody was attacking you.

We all know that, but if a company releases the "New" 2013 model for a higher price than the 2012 model then the 2012 model will have an instant depreciation for no change as opposed to just keeping the 2012.
lol, apparently an argument now implies anger instead of a series of sentences that explains something or leads to a conclusion.
__________________
ST:TECH -Clay kills GDTs
You start out stealing songs, then you're robbing liquor stores, and selling crack and running over schoolkids with your car!
PBN modsquad - lols for brains
randomdean100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:26 PM #714
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See
 
Soul06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: NY ((718)) NY
 has been a member for 10 years
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Soul06 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomdean100

Well then you take it the wrong way, I don't feel like arguing anymore with children who complain at change when the gun is the same exac price as it has always been. You seem to be of the opinion that dye is scamming you or being dishonest with their business practices, when they are nothing of the sort. Oooh, they released a new model, it's not 10000x better than the last they should just follow pe and not do yearly releases. No one is forcing you to get this years matrix, some people may like the looks more, some people may not. There really haven't much improvement on guns in any aspect since 07. A gun from 07 can still compete with guns of today. Why aren't you getting angry that every company has released new guns since 07 when there really haven't been major improvements on ANY front other than a little bit of a smaller size...
And you say you arent angry? You sound as if our comments are taking money put of your pocket. Relaaaaax. You are upset because people are expressing their opinions on a forum? Really? You realize you don't have to subscribe to this thread right?

And why do you keep jumping back to 2007? We are in 2012 heading to 2013. Today the only company practices yearly releases still is DYE. Just like people complained when PE did it, people are upset that DYE is still doing it. Especially when the new releases have the same internals. At least other companies; PE and BL for example; add something new that wasn't in the previous version.

Now if you don't like people expressing their feelings that's fine. But you are no one to tell people that they can't speak their minds. The comments, complaints and concerns of people here have helped to effect the production of the Ego. Why can't it do the same for DYE?
__________________
"You are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts" ~ POTUS

Custom Ano'd Prestige CSL w/ Dart Kit - Midnight Superblue LV1
Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups


Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump