Community Focus

Old 11-01-2012, 11:53 PM #64
pntball_dude1990
is full of gin and regret

pntball_dude1990 donated to help Peyton Trent
pntball_dude1990 is playing at Living Legends III
pntball_dude1990 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pntball_dude1990 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
I actually moved to rochester before I started playing legally. I played with my dad and his friends in some woods on flat rock rd. I played at that one on military turnpike once then moved to rochester and started playing at post office in victor and jello factory in le Roy. Then I moved to florida lol.

ORBITAL PAINTBALL
pntball_dude1990 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2012, 05:45 AM #65
mjfraasch

mjfraasch owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
mjfraasch is attending Decay of Nations VI
mjfraasch is attending Decay of Nations VII
Anyone know if aftermarket ion bodies will fit?
mjfraasch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:31 AM #66
Dedloc
That guy.

Annual Supporting Member
Dedloc is BST Legit
Dedloc is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Dedloc is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfraasch View Post
Anyone know if aftermarket ion bodies will fit?
If you are referring to any of the current line of GOG markers, no they will not. it is a different board setup on the underside.
Old 11-02-2012, 03:27 PM #67
benzy2
angry bird

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pntball_dude1990 View Post
i wasn't by any means implying that it would be massively inconsistent or anything, I'm just imagining with an open back end to the bolt and the overall cycle time being dictated by how long someone wants to hold the trigger down for, it might cause a variance. if velocity can be dictated by the set dwell on a board, then it can be dictated by someone holding the trigger down longer on one shot than another. obviously if it takes 14ms for your bolt to travel forward and your dwell is set at 16ms and the back of your bolt doesn't seal up once the bolt is fully forward, you're going to purge air for 2ms extra, thus its going to put a slight amount more force behind the ball than if you're set at 14ms. i mean at least in theory. but obviously that would affect efficiency like you said if extra air is leaving after the ball is expelled from the firing chamber.
That is true, dwell can change velocity, but at some point it quits, as the ball has left the barrel and any extra dwell is only venting more air. The ball only sees a few milliseconds of pressure before it clears the barrel. Something between 5-10 milliseconds (~7 if you use a 12 inch barrel, assume linear acceleration, and 280fps).

If you are shooting a consistent 12bps each shot goes off in about 83 milliseconds (1 second divided by 12 shots). If you assume half of that is the forward cycle you are looking at a forward dwell of 41-42 milliseconds. Since the marker (or the previous electronically controlled version) only requires 14-20 milliseconds from the time the bolt starts to cycle until the ball is out of the barrel you will have another 21-28 milliseconds where the bolt is still in the forward position venting air while the ball has already left the barrel.

It would take something around a consistent 25bps until you get to the point where you start to see inconsistencies in if the bolt were venting or not when the ball leaves the barrel. If you see a board dwell setting change velocity it's because the change is made on a forward cycle that is happening all before the ball leaves the barrel. If you shoot 1bps on an electronically controlled marker, the cycle rate is the same as if you were shooting 20bps, it's typically far faster than you actually shoot. It's why you want to drop dwell quite a ways when you switch to an L7 (regardless of how many bps you plan to shoot) so that you aren't wasting air.

That's the reason why I believe the L7 would be so horribly inefficient in a mech version. Even shooting at a consistent 12bps leaves the bolt open for an extra 20+ milliseconds, and since it is only open towards the end of the original 14 millisecond forward cycle time you are going to see 3, 4, 5 times as much air used each shot. That only gets worse if you slow down. I don't think most people will be anywhere near quick enough to see velocity issues and with that I believe all but everyone will be slow enough to see horrific efficiency.
benzy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:59 PM #68
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
Thinking about selling my envy for one of these. Mainly because theres no batteries and it has a lifetime warranty. I only play woodsball and dont ever shoot over 8bps. I figure it would help me cut down on paint usage and save the trouble of having to switch batteries. What do you all think? Good idea or bad idea?
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:54 AM #69
pntball_dude1990
is full of gin and regret

pntball_dude1990 donated to help Peyton Trent
pntball_dude1990 is playing at Living Legends III
pntball_dude1990 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pntball_dude1990 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny96211 View Post
Thinking about selling my envy for one of these. Mainly because theres no batteries and it has a lifetime warranty. I only play woodsball and dont ever shoot over 8bps. I figure it would help me cut down on paint usage and save the trouble of having to switch batteries. What do you all think? Good idea or bad idea?
dude thats almost exactly why I'm getting one. I recball so hard nowadays, and its no real fun to just throw paint everywhere against noobs, that i can't justify another electro.

ORBITAL PAINTBALL
pntball_dude1990 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:02 PM #70
RogueShooter

Quote:
I'm getting one and I fully expect it to pretty much be my main gun. Not that there's anything wrong with electros or anything, I've just always been more of a pump/pistol guy so the simplicity of a mechanical gun just appeals to me. A single trigger gun without a lot of extra rails and stuff I don't need ALSO appeals to me. So the eNMEy's a win-win in my case.
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:59 AM #71
mjfraasch

mjfraasch owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
mjfraasch is attending Decay of Nations VI
mjfraasch is attending Decay of Nations VII
lol my etek 3 is on ebay, and I just ordered a jet black one off Ansgear hopefully I get it soon
mjfraasch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:02 AM #72
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjfraasch View Post
lol my etek 3 is on ebay, and I just ordered a jet black one off Ansgear hopefully I get it soon
Thats a bit of a downgrade... Lmao
Old 11-04-2012, 11:14 AM #73
danssoslow

Quote:
Thats a bit of a downgrade... Lmao
Care to elaborate?
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:19 AM #74
Dedloc
That guy.

Annual Supporting Member
Dedloc is BST Legit
Dedloc is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by danssoslow View Post
Care to elaborate?
Because obviously the etek 3 is better since it says Planet Eclipse on it. At least that is the only reason I can think of that he would think its a downgrade.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:39 PM #75
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedloc View Post
Because obviously the etek 3 is better since it says Planet Eclipse on it. At least that is the only reason I can think of that he would think its a downgrade.
No, not because it says planet eclipse on it... don't be stupid now. Im not a planet eclipse fan boy and have never owned one. Im a GOG fanboy if anything. I use an envy....
Old 11-05-2012, 05:40 PM #76
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Quote:
Care to elaborate?
I wasn't saying it in a disrespectful way, or to annoy you. Im just saying its a downgrade. Which is a fact. The etek 3 has many more features such as eyes and a board. Its a higher level marker then the new enemy, and the price certainly reflects that. Thats not to say you cant rock the the enemy as good as someone rocking an etek, but the etek is obviously the better gun. I don't see why i have to elaborate... it seems pretty obvious. Personally, if i had to choose between to two, i would choose the enemy. Mainly because i like mech guns and i use co2 sometimes.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:53 PM #77
Dedloc
That guy.

Annual Supporting Member
Dedloc is BST Legit
Dedloc is Legendary
Sorry if I sounded crass. I got confused in all the threads I check in here and thought we were discussing the extcy. Please accept my apologies.
Old 11-05-2012, 06:04 PM #78
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedloc View Post
Sorry if I sounded crass. I got confused in all the threads I check in here and thought we were discussing the extcy. Please accept my apologies.
its alright, lol. i understand.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:26 PM #79
teamcaution1234
BALLIN

teamcaution1234 is playing at Living Legends V
teamcaution1234 is playing at Living Legends VI
teamcaution1234 is playing at Living Legends VII
just picked one of these up for $90 bucks here on the nation!! I cant wait to shoot it. when i get it, I will let you guys know how I like it. from what i hear the enmey is going to be a nice little marker.
teamcaution1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:55 PM #80
danssoslow

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamcaution1234 View Post
just picked one of these up for $90 bucks here on the nation!! I cant wait to shoot it. when i get it, I will let you guys know how I like it. from what i hear the enmey is going to be a nice little marker.
Damn. I'm still waiting on mine at full price. Nice score!
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:58 PM #81
teamcaution1234
BALLIN

teamcaution1234 is playing at Living Legends V
teamcaution1234 is playing at Living Legends VI
teamcaution1234 is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Damn. I'm still waiting on mine at full price. Nice score!
Thank you! im super excited!
teamcaution1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 11:24 AM #82
RogueShooter

I got to shoot one thanks to Will from Valken this past Sunday. To preface any of my comments, I want to let everyone know that I shoot mechs/pumps/pistols pretty much all the time, so my perspective will not necessarily be the same as someone who has shot nothing but electros for long periods of time.

Personally, I loved it. Used it with my 12" Deadlywind Fibur and a .682 insert (not even sure what size the paint was, was in a rush so I just used what was already in the barrel) for a solid hour or so of play before handing it off to a teammate to let them try it. In that time I got roughly 4 pods and a Rotor off of a full 48/4500 tank, had ZERO breaks/chops, and got several eliminations, even against a mostly electro crowd. Heck, even Quickshot's rentals are SP Vibes, so yeah...

The trigger pull was light and snappy, even with no adjustments made from stock (the spring has several different holes on the inside of the gripframe that it can hook into to vary the spring tension, or you can remove the spring altogether for an approximately 1 lbs trigger pull). Accuracy and consistency were right on par with my G1 (using the same Deadlywind barrel), and I found the eNMEy to be light and maneuverable.

I'm a tinkerer by nature, and I don't think I've kept a single gun I've owned stock. But with the eNMEy, my only plans are to change out the ASA for an on/off and macro, change the grips to my beloved Pachmayr American Legends, and that's pretty much it. I don't see any reason to change anything else. The eNMEy is a great little gun at a great little price.
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:49 AM #83
Jedihippie
My backpack's got jets

Annual Supporting Member
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends VI
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends VII
Jedihippie has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jedihippie has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Jedihippie has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm buying one for my wife's birthday. Can't wait. although she wants a paintball gun in purple... so I'm gonna call gog today and ask if dying the body will void the warranty
"Reminds me of the kids that bolt on exhausts, wings and vinyl cutouts onto their rice mobiles and then hate on a ground up resto rodded 69 Camaro" -OPBN
"Due to the Berzerkers rep and knowledge of Mag awesomeness, the opposing team dropped their markers and are actually out of the frame curled up in fetal positions" -OPBN... Again
Jedihippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:33 PM #84
Jedihippie
My backpack's got jets

Annual Supporting Member
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends VI
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends VII
Jedihippie has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jedihippie has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Jedihippie has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedihippie View Post
I'm buying one for my wife's birthday. Can't wait. although she wants a paintball gun in purple... so I'm gonna call gog today and ask if dying the body will void the warranty

Just got off the phone with Amy from Gog. She said that dying the body will not effect marker performance but it will void the warranty on the body. the rest of the enmey will still have a warranty on it. just not the body
"Reminds me of the kids that bolt on exhausts, wings and vinyl cutouts onto their rice mobiles and then hate on a ground up resto rodded 69 Camaro" -OPBN
"Due to the Berzerkers rep and knowledge of Mag awesomeness, the opposing team dropped their markers and are actually out of the frame curled up in fetal positions" -OPBN... Again
Jedihippie is offline   Reply With Quote