Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-17-2012, 11:29 PM #1
MahNickle
Wayne Brady

MahNickle has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MahNickle has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
paintball noise complaints?

has anyone received noise complaints for testing or firing paintball markers on their property? I've never received a complaint myself but i was wondering what any potential legal ramifications could arise from this situation.
MahNickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-24-2012, 08:36 PM #2
Ryan10
Father of 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahNickle
has anyone received noise complaints for testing or firing paintball markers on their property? I've never received a complaint myself but i was wondering what any potential legal ramifications could arise from this situation.
I shoot and tune my marker in my basement and I never had a complaint from my neighbors(twin house) if anything, I should be complaining. They fight and argue the time, so my wife says lol. I'm hard of hearing and I'm glad I am lol.
Ryan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:11 PM #3
S.I.D.
Bounty Hunters

S.I.D. plays in the APPA D5 division
S.I.D. has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
S.I.D. has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I haven't... But then again I live on a farm, and my neighbors are family. >.>
S.I.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:29 AM #4
poomanchew
coming in hot

poomanchew owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
poomanchew posts videos on PbNation
I got lucky and have really cool neighbors that don't care what we do over here. I would imagine it would be like any noise complaint they would tell you to keep it down. Something I would suggest is get a cheap old gun that u don't care to lose and have it handy so if the cops make you hand your gun over you give them that one. All they know is someone was shooting a paintball gun they don't know anything else
AC:417
G.I. Kick'n Planet Eclipse Yip!
AC:402.com
poomanchew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 03:22 PM #5
anthony2714

anthony2714 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
anthony2714 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
anthony2714 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Ya i have the same problems
Old 10-17-2012, 09:57 PM #6
PacPB16

No complaints for me. If you just test fire a pod or something you should be fine but if your playing a game or shooting a case in the yard of a condo complex i think people will complain.
PacPB16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:58 PM #7
tvise
USPN Hollister CA

tvise owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tvise owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tvise posts videos on PbNation
tvise has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I am a good neighbor(Except for the 4th of july, Halloween, When the Giants win the world series, and New Years lol)

Other than those days If im am doing something loud... Like shooting a paintball gun I tell them first.

Most oftenly people will not call the cops. But even if they do you can usually just talk to the cop and explain. It depends tho where you are with local laws. When I was in Vegas for the world championships I talked to a kid in the V.I.P. and he said that where he lives(Washington D.C.) it was very uptight. He could not really have it out anywhere but his house or a field.

Honestly, If a cop showed up because I was shooting paint I would explain it to the officer. Most are very nice people so if you treat them well they will do the same.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:03 PM #8
isaiahliepold

Once I was shooting my marker just a couple times. Like dry firing. Just to fine toon it and a person called the cops. She said " a person with a pellet gun is shooting people and cars". My ego was pointed down and it is all red. I mean come on. The cop came up and immidiatley rolled his eyes and walked away. I think he was more mad that someone would call that in and waste his time and tax payer money. It is just a old mean lady though. I think every naborhood has one.
isaiahliepold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 12:32 AM #9
yuik
Mr Diet Coke on the Rocks

Annual Supporting Member
yuik is playing at Living Legends V
yuik is playing at Living Legends VI
yuik is an NCPA player
yuik plays in the APPA D5 division
yuik is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
yuik is Legendary
I got **** once from a guy 2 houses down : I told him to **** off

Huge gearbag sale. Everything you can imagine including bob saget!

RED JMJ Smooth Mill viking RobTown Valve Ultralight Frame!
yuik is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:15 PM #10
Boom Master
Scenario Player

Some city's have ordinances prohibiting shooting ANY projectile. That would include real guns, markers, BB guns, arrows, fireworks, sling shots, Nerf Darts, etc.

The local cops will excercise a fair amount of discretion and judgement depending on what you are doing.... They might just tell you to put it away and don't do it again. Take your marker, Ticket you and take your markers, arrest you, file charges and take your marker.

All somebody has to do is allege that you were shooting at them and you are in big trouble looking at an assault charge. Then you have legal bills, probation, etc. All they need is a ball that bounced into their yard.

So find out what the local laws are. Got a cop at school? Ask him. He will know you WANT to be a good citizen.

It is a good time to do our stuff in the garage, basement, indoors, or at the field. People are really 'gun' nervous right now. A good quality trash can will catch any paint you need to shoot. Then the worst that can happen is the wrath of the parent which can be nullified by explaining you were being responsible by NOT doing it outside and making people nervious... Can I get my license now? Can I drive the car to the paintball field now?

If you haven't grown up by age 50........

You don't have to......
Boom Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 07:52 PM #11
LlamaRama

has been a member for 10 years
You have to MASK the sound.

That's why whenever I'm teching a gun I crank up some Hank Williams III to 11, and then fire my shotgun everytime I pull my marker's trigger.
I knew I was dead
After that first step
I knew I would fall
After that first breath
Was the end of it all.
LlamaRama is offline   Reply With Quote