Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-03-2012, 06:38 PM #1
dragonfire665

New to buying/Forum

I will like to start by saying hello to all and glad to have found this site. My fiancee and I have been playing paintball for at least 1 year, about 6 times so far. But now we want to start buying our own stuff.

Everywhere that i go, i see clothing classified by S to XXL. I wear between 30-32 waist with about 32 length, so it gets my confused a bit. The same with shirts, i mostly used medium but i hear most are kinda tight. Elbow pads, how do i know which size? i see S-M-L and so on.

Guns, we have come across many but i just want to understand a bit the brake down of the gun. What it needs? how to keep it? parts, what is replaceable? I see a lot of threats here and i have open right now nearly 10, reading and closing and opening more.

Hopefully this small threat might compact everything for fast understanding. Trust me when i saying, i am tired of rentals.

Welcome the dragon and hope to speak to many and maybe one day play with a few here at the Northeast.
dragonfire665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 07:46 PM #2
lpmaster

has been a member for 10 years
For your clothing I'm about the same size as you it sounds,

I'd recommend going with a large size pant for the length. For some reason I just can't get enough length out of anything smaller.

For elbow and knee pads I also needed large even though I consider myself a slim guy. For the jersey it's better to have it a little loose so I might recommend lg but I have both lg and mediums that fit identical depending on brand. New eclipse jerseys run lg for sure.

Guns is a whole nother thing...haha depends on how often you play, your ability to maintain it yourself, what type I paintball you play, among other things

Oh and welcome to the sport!
lpmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:02 PM #3
YeloSno
ALT Bazaar - Coming Soon!

Annual Supporting Member
YeloSno is playing at Living Legends V
YeloSno is playing at Living Legends VI
YeloSno supports Team VICIOUS
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is for the Gunfight
YeloSno is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
YeloSno is attending Decay of Nations VI
These should help a bit.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=76991596

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3655911

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?p=76810515

they won't tell you all the guns and whatnot, but it will help you start researching the things that interest you.

Paintball is all about personal preference, so even when talking to a seasoned veteran, be sure to take all buying advice and "what to" advice with more than just a little grain of salt.

Except maybe playing pointers.

There is a good way and a bad way to pop out of your spot to shoot someone if you want to still keep playing afterwards.

woah, I made a redundant.

Thinking of Buying Something, But Don't Know What?
Have A Look Inside for Some Help.

Sale so good you'll get a ****in' coma trying to find your wallet.

ALT Bazaar
A new top secret project that isn't so secret. Brought to you by the creator of the Ultimate Purchasing Hierarchy and TBQF Technologies.

"Originally posted by Somnambulistz: i'm not wearing any underwear! :D"
YeloSno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:22 AM #4
dragonfire665

Sorry to all for the delay respond, i have been busy. So, let me add some things.

To YeloSno:

Well, we do play a lot but is only between friends and sometimes with people with meet at the field. We are no professional but i am a mean shooter. I am not looking to buy an expesive gun, something no more than $150-200. One that i can upgrade a few things, like definetly the barrels.

Some of my friends have Empire, one has a Mini and one the axe, but what makes the gun so great is their Ultralight barrel. No worries about exploding balls and amazing accuracy. Maybe also one that is electronic so i can buy a electronic hopper.

With clothes, I sound to be just like Lpmaster:

I am 5'11 170lbs, so the size you said just makes sense to me. I will buy as such.
Old 11-05-2012, 10:17 AM #5
doomsday57

doomsday57 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
doomsday57 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
where in the northeast do you play?
you should try to make it to your local shop and try on some clothes try on different pads and stuff. Most places let you try everything on so its not a problem. As far as a gun would you buy new or used? hopper you could pick up a halo B or something you dont need a rotor or another $200 hopper. And a barrel you could probably get a custom products barrel $25 new and its pretty good
doomsday57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:45 AM #6
dragonfire665

@ doomsday57

Im from CT. I was thinking of doing the whole shop fitting room thing, just always had this thing of trying clothes, dont ask lol.

I dont mind buying a used one, again i am not making any money of this game and is only a game for me to have fun, so for me to drop anything hire than $200 is just a waste. Sorry, not trying to offend anyone. Its just my thing.

I heard about custom barrels, i wouldnt mind given them a try with a good gun, see how i say good gun, not great amazing, perfect lol.
Old 11-05-2012, 11:54 AM #7
doomsday57

well you could try a used g4 or mini. I have a G4 my friend has a mini and i dont care for it because its small lol I would recommend the G4 though I understand what your saying about not wanting to spend alot of money. Especially since paint alone is expensive enough :p
Old 11-05-2012, 11:54 AM #8
Iowa
Shooting ropes at dopes

Annual Supporting Member
Iowa is BST Legit
Iowa owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Iowa supports Team VICIOUS
I have almost an identical build, and even Small Empire pants fit me fine. With adjustable waists like many have, unless you are gangly tall (which you aren't), a small or medium pant would fit you fine. Jerseys I agree should run at least a size bigger. Arm pads I needed a large(planet eclipse). Always try before you buy if possible.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:07 PM #9
PCBaller850
Mathematically Challenged

Annual Supporting Member
PCBaller850 is BST Trusted
PCBaller850 posts videos on PbNation
PCBaller850 plays in the APPA D4 division
PCBaller850 supports Empire
PCBaller850 is All In
PCBaller850 is All In
@dragonfire665 and @Mods or @Reporters

I know this isnt a B/S/T forum or thread but since i cant message you i would assume its ok? idk but i have a (Red) Dangerous Power Fusion F7 im trying to get rid of it got less than 5 cases of paint through it and no wear at all. Id let go for $130 Shipped/Gifted or you cover fees. If you can, message me your number and we can talk via text and you can see the gun if your interested. will even include a nice Empire Prophecy for an additional $45. lmk

|SPONSORS|
EMPIRE | RPS | NINJA | GARMENT GEAR| EKK | RAZA
PCBaller850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 12:50 PM #10
dragonfire665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa View Post
I have almost an identical build, and even Small Empire pants fit me fine. With adjustable waists like many have, unless you are gangly tall (which you aren't), a small or medium pant would fit you fine. Jerseys I agree should run at least a size bigger. Arm pads I needed a large(planet eclipse). Always try before you buy if possible.
What makes it worst about paint, is that most place that i go, they dont allow outside paint, so i have to pay for the paint on site.

I will be going again next saturday, just went this Saturday, but the one we are going to has a huge shop so i will give them a tried to test all the size as you said.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:14 PM #11
doomsday57

paints a pain.. some places arent to over priced
Old 11-05-2012, 02:40 PM #12
dragonfire665

well, i will be buyin the gun from the kid above. Just checked the reviews, it looks great. What do you guys thing? got some pics and it looks mint and great red color.
Old 11-05-2012, 03:00 PM #13
ttimberlak443
aaaaaaaand its gone

ttimberlak443 supports Team VICIOUS
ttimberlak443 posts videos on PbNation
ttimberlak443 plays in the APPA beginner division
ttimberlak443 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire665 View Post
well, i will be buyin the gun from the kid above. Just checked the reviews, it looks great. What do you guys thing? got some pics and it looks mint and great red color.
I think you just got a great buy. Dangerous Power guns are great little markers for the price and are fairly simple. An added benefit of buying it used is it most likely already has the bolt stick fixed.

Just make sure you maintain it and it will treat you right. I would make sure to get something along the lines of a 68/4500 tank if you are using a DP gun. They aren't horrible on efficiency, but they aren't great either.

I don't own a G4, but I do own a Threshold. All that is really needed after a day of play is take out the bolt and wipe it clean. After doing so, relube it and put it back in the marker. After every several cases of paint or when it becomes inconsistent over the chronograph, you should do some maintenance of the regulator.

Hope this helped and welcome to PBnation

EDIT: I must have read the marker wrong. Looks like its an F7, not a G4. I don't know much about those, but it should be basically the same type thing, but with a rammer.

Last edited by ttimberlak443 : 11-07-2012 at 03:42 PM.
ttimberlak443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:14 PM #14
dragonfire665

@ttimberlak443

Wow, thank you for that. But if i were to use a 48/4500 0r 50/4500 tank would it still be great? i just want to keep it light.

Any upgrades that you think i should do to any gun?, not just that one, just to make sure they stay maintain and last longer. Trust me when i say, i am not the one to sport new years item, if it works, it stays with me lol.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:52 PM #15
doomsday57

If you need a hopper im selling a Halo B for $30 obo
Old 11-07-2012, 02:03 PM #16
dragonfire665

what different would i see if i were to use a 3kPSI over 4500PSI on the dangerous power f7? i am just trying to not spend like $150 on a tank, looking for either 50 or 68, nothing bigger, but i will think too small wont last thru some games, even though most places i go, i can refill after each game.
Old 11-07-2012, 03:00 PM #17
PistolPaul2
Be Nice, Have fun

PistolPaul2 is playing at Living Legends VI
Quote:
what different would i see if i were to use a 3kPSI over 4500PSI on the dangerous power f7? i am just trying to not spend like $150 on a tank, looking for either 50 or 68, nothing bigger, but i will think too small wont last thru some games, even though most places i go, i can refill after each game.
A 3k will most likely be a steel/aluminum tank So im guessing its going to be heavier than a 45k which will be a carbon fiber wrap tank. a 48/3000 will get you about +/- 500 shots. So if you leave the staging area and play 2 20 minute games youll be able to shoot 2 hoppers and almost a pod before you have to refil. With a 68/4500 or a 50/45 you can get more than double the shots of the 3k. it all depends on how much you shoot, how long you normally stay in a game, etc
PistolPaul2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 03:37 PM #18
ttimberlak443
aaaaaaaand its gone

Quote:
@ttimberlak443

Wow, thank you for that. But if i were to use a 48/4500 0r 50/4500 tank would it still be great? i just want to keep it light.

Any upgrades that you think i should do to any gun?, not just that one, just to make sure they stay maintain and last longer. Trust me when i say, i am not the one to sport new years item, if it works, it stays with me lol.
Sorry for the late response.

You shouldn't really need any upgrades to the marker itself as it is pretty solid. If you want to upgrade anything, get a barrel. A barrel can increase your efficiency a bit, will increase your markers accuracy (given that you are using decent paint), and may quiet it down a bit.

If I were you, I would just spend the extra money and get a 4500. A 68/4500 will get you roughly double the shots that a 48/3000 would. That being said, you should just get the bigger one. You won't regret it.

Another thing to get is a nice hopper. You don't need anything fancy, but you want something that is reliable. Something like a HALO is cheap and reliable. They aren't the lightest or fastest loaders, but they get the job done. Really, the only difference between a HALO and a high-end loader is that the HALO is a bit heavier, doesn't have tool-less disassembly, and isn't have as low of a profile. All of these can easily be forgiven if you are just playing recball.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:57 AM #19
dragonfire665

Is funny, because as a player, everyone knows me well. I am the paintball saver. I shoot to kill with little missing. I could go up to 3-4 games with just one hopper. While everyone has be already either on their first pod or second.

I have come to learn, to look, wait, aim and shoot and seems to have always worked for me.

And knowing now the different between PSI it helps me understand them more. For some reason, i though that higher PSI meant stronger longer shots but it is not. I will still go with a 45k, just got to look at the right price. Again, since to me this is just a small hobby, i dont see the need to be spending over $100 on a tank. Use tank with a cover looks like new to me.

In regards to the hopper, the seller abover is throwing in a Empire Prophecy which they look great and he has it on a great condition. Not bad for the price, knowing they are still going for a good retail.

I meant to ask this question @ttimberlak443:

This is in regards to barrels, i saw 2 that i like both autocoker.

The freak
Dye UL

Which one is better?

Last edited by dragonfire665 : 11-08-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Old 11-08-2012, 04:26 PM #20
ttimberlak443
aaaaaaaand its gone

Quote:
Is funny, because as a player, everyone knows me well. I am the paintball saver. I shoot to kill with little missing. I could go up to 3-4 games with just one hopper. While everyone has be already either on their first pod or second.

I have come to learn, to look, wait, aim and shoot and seems to have always worked for me.

And knowing now the different between PSI it helps me understand them more. For some reason, i though that higher PSI meant stronger longer shots but it is not. I will still go with a 45k, just got to look at the right price. Again, since to me this is just a small hobby, i dont see the need to be spending over $100 on a tank. Use tank with a cover looks like new to me.

In regards to the hopper, the seller abover is throwing in a Empire Prophecy which they look great and he has it on a great condition. Not bad for the price, knowing they are still going for a good retail.

I meant to ask this question @ttimberlak443:

This is in regards to barrels, i saw 2 that i like both autocoker.

The freak
Dye UL

Which one is better?
Well with barrels, people can be picky. I would say the Freak, but only if you are getting the kit. This gives you many options for bore sizes, so you can get it right almost all of the time. The Dye UL is a fantastic barrel, but you are limited to the one bore size you have.

So if you are getting the kit, then get the Freak. If you only plan on getting the barrel with one bore size, get the UL.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:41 AM #21
dragonfire665

Oh no, when i saw the Freak, i also saw all 7 barrels in a kit and i want it.