PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-03-2012, 11:45 AM #22
Paint_Army

Paint_Army owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Paint_Army has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I just saw this thread. I think it's great that you've got money, you don't care about making profits, and that you want to promote the sport. (I'm trying to be as nice as I can to you since I'm from OKC.) But making your own paintballs is not the answer. Not only is it more than the encapsulation machine, but it's the aspects that you clearly have no knowledge about like punctuation, material costs, marketing, distribution, environmental regulations, and competition that make the barriers to enter the paintball manufacturing business high. The reason why a lot of products cost more than you think they should is because these companies have to anticipate demand fluctuations and lawsuits.

If you want to make your own field in Edmond - go for it. Let me know where it's located and I'd be glad to stop by and check it out. The main question you'll want to answer to your market is this - how will your field be better than what's currently being offered at other fields? PCOC will be your primary competition if you're only going after the tournament market. How are you going to get those players to go to your place instead of PCOC?

I encourage you to do more research before jumping in with both feet. I also encourage you to work on your spelling and punctuation if you want to be taken more seriously. It's nice that successful business owners take time to reply to posts like these (Gatsplat / Horizon) - so show some respect.
Paint_Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2012, 12:20 PM #23
TeacherCreature

I am just curious have you filed a site plan with the local board? Are you zoned appropriately for this, have you gotten an insurance quote for high ROF and mucho paint.
Have you priced paint at vendors incase your venture into paint manufacturing doesnt work?

BTW why not make one speedball field and one woodsfield to START with and see which one you want to continue in 8 months.

Siteplans can cost you a ton such as 10 paved parking spaces? Public restrooms? electricity on site? etc etc I have seen them delay starting 15 months and cost 30,000 in renovations. (My only point is check this before you waste money)
Lets say you get 5 on 5 crowd twice a week and each of the ten people go through a case that is 20 cases a week. Lets say you get cheap ship paint like infinity at bulk rates of idk 22 or 24 a case what ever they charge.
at 12 a case your losing 10 bucks per case thats $200 a week not counting referees insurance etc etc etc
If your gonna help the sport by dumping a thousand a week to take a loss I will fly you here, house you, and grant you land. You will be subsidizing all my players and helping our sport. (that is a genuiune offer)
TeacherCreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:46 AM #24
Kirko017

Kirko017 plays in the PSP
Kirko017 posts videos on PbNation
Kirko017 is an NCPA player
Kirko017 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrusaderPB View Post
Paintball is cheap, I don't know what you are talking about. A single paintball costs on average what, $0.02? There are 5 people on the other team... heck, that's a dime per match!

It's missing that is expensive. Promote lower ROF's with higher markup on paint. When you hear of people complaining that it's 'too expensive', it is how they play that is 'too expensive'. Tournament players have the mentality that you need to shoot 15-20 cases in a match. They are also the minority of a small sport / recreational hobby.

When I think of people trying to cater to tournament crowds, I can't help but think that it is sort of like enabling their bad behavior. They will come in, demand much, give little.

It's a great thought, but perhaps there are other ways to help even more so.
It's because we do not have quality paintballs that go straight, DMplayer91 is going to fix this problem for us! DMplayer91, please make us quality paintbullets!

But seriously, invest $30 into a business for dummies book or some business book. Then do more research. Furthering your education is a good option right now.

Last edited by Kirko017 : 11-22-2012 at 12:58 AM.
Kirko017 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:54 AM #25
TeacherCreature

I like the lower ROF model, but with some tweaks.. We charge 80 a case which is lower than the low rof model of like 200 a case but in this area places offer great paint like grafitti at $50 a case...

We decided to cater to this crowd (more like $65/case) to "members" and we charge like $30 a month to be a member and sell it at a minimum of 6 months.
TeacherCreature is offline   Reply With Quote