Old 11-03-2012, 08:04 AM #1
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
Newb questions about Vanguard

I know very little about Vangaurd in general. They make high end markers a spoolie and a poppet gun, but beyond that not sure.
1)where are they made? UK I see.
2)is maintenance extensive and how is reliability?
3)is it difficult to find techs and or parts in US if I run into a problem I can't fix myself
4)how do they compare to PE markers technology, etc?

Thanks in advance just trying to more info before a future purchase.

Ronnie Dixon fan club #30

Last edited by 2pipes : 11-03-2012 at 08:06 AM.
2pipes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:37 AM #2
sameagol26
Youtube = BTDeltafan101

Annual Supporting Member
sameagol26 is playing at Living Legends VII
sameagol26 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
sameagol26 supports Empire
They are made in the UK but Frank Connel, owner of vanguard has been moving operations to the US which will make things much easier.

In terms of maintenance, the creed is pretty easy and it's like any other poppit. The demon however was a bit of a hassle at the start since it was a new platform and all the kinks needed to be worked out. With the release of the 2013 demon you now don't have to deal with a QEV, has a 3 piece can (?) and it's much more reliable and user friendly. The spring that was added to the bolt system also makes it less prone to bolt stick and an overall better shooter.

Parts are also quite easy to get if you contact frank Connell. And since things are moving over to the US, shipping times will be much faster and hassle free.

In comparison to other markers I would say it definitely holds up in most aspects. One thing I do think puts the demon behind a little is the trigger. There really needs to be a better feeling trigger made for it from factory some day. With removing the spring though it gets better but it has a heavy feel to it usually. But in everything else it's good. Great smooth shot (comparable to clone vx or a luxe) and it gets around 11 pods off a 68/4500 which is amazing for a spoolie.

Overall vanguard has really stepped up their game with their demon and technology. They make great reliable markers and are definitely worth what you pay for. Try one out at your local field, see if you like it and buy one if so! You won't be displeased.
Citrus Connection #26
Storm Runners
sameagol26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:19 AM #3
AtticaDistortion

AtticaDistortion owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
AtticaDistortion is for the Gunfight
AtticaDistortion is for the Gunfight
Quote:
Originally Posted by sameagol26 View Post
They are made in the UK but Frank Connel, owner of vanguard has been moving operations to the US which will make things much easier.

In terms of maintenance, the creed is pretty easy and it's like any other poppit. The demon however was a bit of a hassle at the start since it was a new platform and all the kinks needed to be worked out. With the release of the 2013 demon you now don't have to deal with a QEV, has a 3 piece can (?) and it's much more reliable and user friendly. The spring that was added to the bolt system also makes it less prone to bolt stick and an overall better shooter.

Parts are also quite easy to get if you contact frank Connell. And since things are moving over to the US, shipping times will be much faster and hassle free.

In comparison to other markers I would say it definitely holds up in most aspects. One thing I do think puts the demon behind a little is the trigger. There really needs to be a better feeling trigger made for it from factory some day. With removing the spring though it gets better but it has a heavy feel to it usually. But in everything else it's good. Great smooth shot (comparable to clone vx or a luxe) and it gets around 11 pods off a 68/4500 which is amazing for a spoolie.

Overall vanguard has really stepped up their game with their demon and technology. They make great reliable markers and are definitely worth what you pay for. Try one out at your local field, see if you like it and buy one if so! You won't be displeased.
TRUTH here my friend.

Proudly Sponsored by Vanguard ~ GI Sportz ~ HK Army ~ Virtue ~ Exalt
paul@vanguardrepair.com/paul@crupaintball.com
AtticaDistortion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:33 AM #4
Reaper (ACI)
We're Weird

Reaper (ACI) works for a Paintball manufacturer
Reaper (ACI) donated to help Peyton Trent
Reaper (ACI) is for the Gunfight
Reaper (ACI) is for the Gunfight
It's very easy to get parts and service. I have the full line if parts in stock. I also do full service repair and warranty work. When you're ready for that purchase, let me know.
www.deadboxsports.com

I have LEGO Paintballer Mini Figs
Reaper (ACI) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 01:46 AM #5
WildWayz
The Moose God

Annual Supporting Member
WildWayz works for a Paintball manufacturer
The 2013 Demons are fantastic markers. 2012's - hmmm if you can get one without a QEV issue then great, but i'd just upgrade it to the 2013 internals to be on the safe side.

The Creed is a complex lady at times, but generally very good.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/j4paintballeurope
WildWayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:09 PM #6
2pipes
Legend in my own MIND

2pipes owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
2pipes supports Team VICIOUS
2pipes has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
2pipes supports DLX Technology
Thanks to all.

Ronnie Dixon fan club #30
2pipes is offline   Reply With Quote