Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-30-2012, 06:12 PM #1
domin8tr

Can I use my 68/4500 HPA Tank to fill my in-stock 13ci/3000 tank

Want to use my 68/4500 HPA Tank to fill my in-stock 13ci/3000 tank.

So, here's "the" question.
I have a RAP4 T68 splitfire with the in-stock air.
In CQB, I run Mag-Fed.
In scenario (woodsball) often I'll use the hopper-fed.
I love the "un-hooked" feeling of the in-stock air but it's not enough air for all-out hopper-fed play.

I have found an online supplier that sells 4500psi Regulators (input) with up to 3000 psi (output).
The plan is to re-fill the 13ci from my 68/4500 HPA tank (on the back of my vest) using my remote line.

This should be feasible because the 3000psi output passing through the remote line would "open" the input feed valve on the tank and re-fill it.
The remote is rated for up to 3000 psi (operating pressure) and 7500 max pressure anyway so that shouldn't be a problem.

I'm not sure if the slide-check can be used in the same way (as an on/off switch), otherwise, I really don't see any reason why this wouldn't work.

Cost for the 4500 (input) / 3000psi output Regulator is $90 at JDSAirman.com. They also sell a fill adpater system (Discovery) for $50.

Can anyone provide feedback as to why this will, or will not work ??

Thanks, in advance.

Dom
domin8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-31-2012, 10:44 AM #2
Open_Truth (Banned)

Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Yes, and no. You will get your fills to 3000 PSI for a bit, but then, as the tank pressure drops, so will your input pressure. Your slide-check, or whatever you use, may be the weak link. You need to make sure that the slide-check is rated to handle the pressure.
Open_Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:53 AM #3
domin8tr

I should get at least a couple of full (3000 psi) refills from the 68/4500, no ??
As for the slide check, I thought of replacing it with an on/off valve rated for at least 3000psi.

As long As I can get a couple of refills I should be good.

Yes ??

dom
Old 11-01-2012, 02:18 PM #4
Open_Truth (Banned)

I would think that you should be able to get three full fills. I can't say anything with any certainty, but it is seemingly sound logic.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:19 PM #5
John S.

Actually you will only be able fill your 13/3000 tank up to the output regulator setting of your 68/4500 tank.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:41 PM #6
Open_Truth (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John S. View Post
Actually you will only be able fill your 13/3000 tank up to the output regulator setting of your 68/4500 tank.
Here, let me help you with that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by domin8tr View Post
I have found an online supplier that sells 4500psi Regulators (input) with up to 3000 psi (output).
The plan is to re-fill the 13ci from my 68/4500 HPA tank (on the back of my vest) using my remote line.
So his reg will be outputting at 3000 PSI until it drops in pressure below 3000 PSI.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:02 PM #7
domin8tr

Thanks Open_Truth.
You're right, I will be using a regulator outputting at 3000 psi, NOT the normal 800-850 that most regulator put out.
The only questions that still remains is how many fills I can get at the full 3000 psi of the 13ci tank before the 68/4500 drops below the 3000 psi level.

Given that the 68ci is a 5:1 ration of air to the smaller tank, I would hop to get 2-3 full fills before the pressure drops below 3000 psi.

If anyone out there has the ability to run this test (hint-hint Ninja !!), that would be great infformation to have.

Domin8tr
Old 11-02-2012, 02:02 PM #8
domin8tr

sorry for the spelling !!

lol

domin8tr
Old 11-02-2012, 02:05 PM #9
domin8tr

As a follow-up to this thread, and for information for anyone else interested in trying this set-up . . .

I have been talking with Ninja PB and they are looking to release a similar set-up as early as the end of 2012.
Ninja has been absolutely great in lending their support and suggestions for this idea.

As to how it will work . . .

An operator will carry his/her 'FILL' tank as usual but the tank will need to be outfitted with a 3000 psi output regulator (this is where Ninja comes in).
You will also need a fill station adpater (again, enter Ninja) and you're all set.

All you need to do is attach the fill station adapter line to the tank's ASA, open the tank, attach to the tank to be filled and fill the tank.
Then close and bleed the line and, voila, you just re-filled your smaller tank (13ci/3000 in stock, in my case).

Sometimes, this may not be the best option, as it could be cumbersome.
I carry my tank in the back of my vest vertically, so to get to the tank to turn on and off may force me to re-align the tank horizontally so I can access it better.
Small price to pay for an easy re-fill option.

This still allows me to play with no hook-up (remote line) meaning my movemnet is free with no restrictions.

Thanks again to both Rob and Ray at Ninja.
I can't wait to hear back from you guys when you're ready.

I'll update this post with any other information that I get relating to this set-upas it becomes available.

If you are interested and want more details or info, PM me.

Cheers and thank you all for your help.

Domin8tr
Old 04-27-2013, 07:42 PM #10
Mootho

The answer to this problem.

http://www.hustlepaintball.com/Ninja...rch_id=1550812
Mootho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:26 PM #11
die.another.day

Quote:
Originally Posted by domin8tr View Post
As a follow-up to this thread, and for information for anyone else interested in trying this set-up . . .

I have been talking with Ninja PB and they are looking to release a similar set-up as early as the end of 2012.
Ninja has been absolutely great in lending their support and suggestions for this idea.

As to how it will work . . .

An operator will carry his/her 'FILL' tank as usual but the tank will need to be outfitted with a 3000 psi output regulator (this is where Ninja comes in).
You will also need a fill station adpater (again, enter Ninja) and you're all set.

All you need to do is attach the fill station adapter line to the tank's ASA, open the tank, attach to the tank to be filled and fill the tank.
Then close and bleed the line and, voila, you just re-filled your smaller tank (13ci/3000 in stock, in my case).

Sometimes, this may not be the best option, as it could be cumbersome.
I carry my tank in the back of my vest vertically, so to get to the tank to turn on and off may force me to re-align the tank horizontally so I can access it better.
Small price to pay for an easy re-fill option.

This still allows me to play with no hook-up (remote line) meaning my movemnet is free with no restrictions.

Thanks again to both Rob and Ray at Ninja.
I can't wait to hear back from you guys when you're ready.

I'll update this post with any other information that I get relating to this set-upas it becomes available.

If you are interested and want more details or info, PM me.

Cheers and thank you all for your help.

Domin8tr
I have my doubts about a 3000 psi output pressure reg. theres always gonna be a ******* that will screw it in to a luxe and then Ninjas gonna be in the **** house.
die.another.day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:46 PM #12
Open_Truth (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mootho View Post
Nice five month necro...