Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-02-2012, 08:28 AM #1
FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
Wink How much do YOU pay in taxes?... You would be shocked if you knew.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/mary...s-paid-so-far/

If everyone in America looked at just how much they pay in taxes, they would be ticked...

Here is a couple who make $100,000 a year, and they pay around $30,000 just in TAXES...

So the next time you hear "pay your fair share". Remember, you probably already pay 30% of your income in taxes currently, and yet, the government always needs MORE money.

Trails of Doom Stickers on Ebay!
FreeEnterprise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-02-2012, 08:34 AM #2
F1VENOM

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/mary...s-paid-so-far/

If everyone in America looked at just how much they pay in taxes, they would be ticked...

Here is a couple who make $100,000 a year, and they pay around $30,000 just in TAXES...

So the next time you hear "pay your fair share". Remember, you probably already pay 30% of your income in taxes currently, and yet, the government always needs MORE money.
How much has Mitt payed in the last few years? Substantially less than 30% and that's the problem.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:39 AM #3
EPAPressure
Jobs are for immigrants

Oh hey guys let's engage in class warfare with faulty numbers about how the rich "don't pay anything".

-Said nobody, ever.

"Originally posted by drgonzo: That doesn't make sense, the people with the most interaction and dependence on government have the most significant stakes and should have the vote if anyone. People who reject government and do not use government services should be denied the vote if anything." ^^FAIL

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: When I think geocities I think ****ty tiled background and sparkly titles. Think of a minority's myspace page."
EPAPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:40 AM #4
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPAPressure View Post
Oh hey guys let's engage in class warfare with faulty numbers about how the rich "don't pay anything".
Lol class warfare.

This disparity is the issue.

Quote:
But the average tax rate for the top 1%—those with average incomes of about $1.2 million—rose to 28.9% from 28.1%

The top quintile of earners, who had average incomes of $223,500, paid 67.9% of all federal taxes owed, compared with 9.4% for the middle quintile and 0.3% for the lowest quintile, according to the CBO.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...099599674.html
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 11-02-2012, 08:40 AM #5
rexisme

Annual Supporting Member
rexisme supports DLX Technology
I paid more than what a cop earns in taxes last year. Single and 0. **** the govt.

Last edited by rexisme : 11-02-2012 at 08:44 AM.
rexisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:46 AM #6
Snake13
Escaped Rakkasan

Snake13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Working on my third year of not paying taxes, Combat Zone Tax Exclusion FTW
Snake13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:48 AM #7
FreeEnterprise

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
How much has Mitt payed in the last few years? Substantially less than 30% and that's the problem.

Actually NO, the problem is people like you who spout off stuff like that which is completely factually inaccurate.

Does Mitt buy gas? Huge taxes there, and NOT included in your assessment of what he pays.

How about food? Does Mitt buy food? Massive taxes included on EVERY step of the way for that food to get to your plate. All of which YOU pay each time you eat. Also not included in your assessment of what he pays.

Then you add up property taxes, state taxes, phone taxes, road taxes, income taxes (oh wait, that is actually the ONLY tax you looked at, and it was on income ALREADY TAXED ONCE, that he GREW with investments).

look at the article, and think about all the taxes you pay. Anything made here in America has taxes upon taxes levied all along the production process until you get it. Each company employee that touches that product, pays massive taxes, and YOU the consumer pays ALL of that when you buy that product.

That is why everything is so expensive today. Taxes. Wake up dude, and stop repeating the liberal drivel that you have been fed.

Old 11-02-2012, 08:59 AM #8
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
What exactly are you looking at when you say that?
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:04 AM #9
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeEnterprise View Post
Actually NO, the problem is people like you who spout off stuff like that which is completely factually inaccurate.

Does Mitt buy gas? Huge taxes there, and NOT included in your assessment of what he pays.

How about food? Does Mitt buy food? Massive taxes included on EVERY step of the way for that food to get to your plate. All of which YOU pay each time you eat. Also not included in your assessment of what he pays.

Then you add up property taxes, state taxes, phone taxes, road taxes, income taxes (oh wait, that is actually the ONLY tax you looked at, and it was on income ALREADY TAXED ONCE, that he GREW with investments).

look at the article, and think about all the taxes you pay. Anything made here in America has taxes upon taxes levied all along the production process until you get it. Each company employee that touches that product, pays massive taxes, and YOU the consumer pays ALL of that when you buy that product.

That is why everything is so expensive today. Taxes. Wake up dude, and stop repeating the liberal drivel that you have been fed.
So he pays what everyone else pays for the daily commodities and less on the money he earns than an average American. No matter how you slice it he pays significantly less than most people while clearing more in a year than most will in their lifetime.

Barrel, I thought it was common knowledge but I can post a source when class is over.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:05 AM #10
EPAPressure
Jobs are for immigrants

Do you really think the dollar amount Mitt pays is less than what you pay sir?

-Said nobody, ever.

"Originally posted by drgonzo: That doesn't make sense, the people with the most interaction and dependence on government have the most significant stakes and should have the vote if anyone. People who reject government and do not use government services should be denied the vote if anything." ^^FAIL

"Originally posted by Rebeltilldeath3: When I think geocities I think ****ty tiled background and sparkly titles. Think of a minority's myspace page."
EPAPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:07 AM #11
F1VENOM

Dollar amount, nope, I don't make enough to require taxes but if quantity is all we count our tax system needs a recalibration
Old 11-02-2012, 09:28 AM #12
FreeEnterprise

Quote:
Dollar amount, nope, I don't make enough to require taxes but if quantity is all we count our tax system needs a recalibration

Tax logic fail.

Do you buy gas for your car? You pay taxes on every gallon.

Do you buy food? You pay taxes on every product of food you buy.

Do you have a phone? You pay taxes on that phone and a large part of those taxes GIVE other people Obamaphones. (paying for their votes with free phones that YOU pay for).

Do you live in a house/apartment? You pay taxes on that land, and property (even if you rent, as the landlord passes on those taxes to you in your rent charges).

Do you buy clothing? Massive taxes on the cloth, store taxes for employees, at every place that clothing passed making it onto your back.

If you buy something, like an ipad, or new car, you pay taxes on those items.

If you add all those taxes up and more that you pay, it will be a massive amount of your income per year, that YOU actually PAY in taxes. And you think you pay no federal taxes...

Lol.

Old 11-02-2012, 09:34 AM #13
F1VENOM

Cost of living in these great states, I'm talking about explicit taxes on income. The rest don't bother me, is that hard to understand?
Old 11-02-2012, 09:43 AM #14
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:

Barrel, I thought it was common knowledge but I can post a source when class is over.
My point is if you are just looking at federal income tax, you are missing a very large piece of the pie. That is where the argument about this family paying 30%+ of their income per annum comes from.

For instance, 3% of my income per annum goes to the town, county, and state for the land I own and the house that sits on it.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:46 AM #15
Matt.is.back2011
We are all Witness

I make around $70K a year. I paid around 22% in federal taxes. Very little in state taxes. Got around $2000.00 back when I did my tax return.

I don't really mind. I get the priviledge to live in the greatest country on earth, do whatever I want, live however I please, believe and say whatever I will. Lowering my taxes would be great, but i'm not too concerned about it. I make more money than I know what to do with as it is.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:47 AM #16
F1VENOM

I understand that, but the variability of those taxes don't allow for a fair comparison.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:49 AM #17
barrel roll
secedere

barrel roll is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt.is.back2011 View Post
I make around $70K a year. I paid around 22% in federal taxes. Very little in state taxes. Got around $2000.00 back when I did my tax return.

I don't really mind. I get the priviledge to live in the greatest country on earth, do whatever I want, live however I please, believe and say whatever I will. Lowering my taxes would be great, but i'm not too concerned about it. I make more money than I know what to do with as it is.
You get 2k back? You need to adjust your W4, or kick your tax preparer in the Bojangles. That is money you can use, invest or just save and gain interest on throughout the year.
Old 11-02-2012, 09:51 AM #18
Matt.is.back2011
We are all Witness

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrel roll View Post
You get 2k back? You need to adjust your W4, or kick your tax preparer in the Bojangles. That is money you can use, invest or just save and gain interest on throughout the year.
I just used Turbotax. I wasn't sure if going to HR Block would be worth the fees associated in comparision to how much I could get back...

Keep in mind I'm 23 years old with 0 deductable income...no dependents, no charitable givings (last year), housing credits, etc.

I looked through it thoroughly, but nothing really seemed to apply to me.

Or are you suggesting I take my W4 to where I keep more of my income throughout the year, throw it into a CD/safe investments to accrue intererest, sell by April 15th, pay taxes, reinvest? That's probably a smart choice, but seems like a lot of work and my investments as it is has done remakrbly well for 2012; around 15% gain across the board. 2013 should be a good year too, given how the markets are recoving.

Last edited by Matt.is.back2011 : 11-02-2012 at 09:54 AM.
Matt.is.back2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:55 AM #19
Icon0clast