digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
digitard works for a Paintball manufacturer
digitard plays in the APPA D5 division
digitard is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
digitard supports Empire
I have been pretty lucky so far. Only issue I ran into was that whole Adams mission to find the tunnels. I figured it out, though.

Looking forward to where it goes. I just got my Assassins Outfit.
digitard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-31-2012, 07:59 PM #86
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is a founding member
big_scott is BST Legit
big_scott supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitard
I have been pretty lucky so far. Only issue I ran into was that whole Adams mission to find the tunnels. I figured it out, though.

Looking forward to where it goes. I just got my Assassins Outfit.
That mission bugged for me. After I walked out of the printer a guard instantly was aggroing on me then Adams started fighting them so I couldn't run away. Ended up putting down like 10 of them and my notoriety was back up to 1 again by the time I could get away and end the mission.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:37 PM #87
General_MacArthur
Formerly General_Patton

General_MacArthur is playing at Living Legends V
General_MacArthur has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
General_MacArthur has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
No glitches so far.

White and proud.
STARMY Scavenger Hunt Champions

Originally Posted by DrobertsPB "you're like an intelligent redneck mountain man"
General_MacArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:44 PM #88
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
digitard supports Empire
Same with the guard Aggro leaving the printer.

Thankfully I was able to take both them out almost immediately so they couldn't yell. I was able to walk away with no negative affect.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:32 AM #89
General_MacArthur
Formerly General_Patton

General_MacArthur is playing at Living Legends V
General_MacArthur has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
General_MacArthur has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
lol at the first time you cut away from the Animus. I knew something was off about the dude you played as from the beginning.

White and proud.
STARMY Scavenger Hunt Champions

Originally Posted by DrobertsPB "you're like an intelligent redneck mountain man"
General_MacArthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:01 AM #90
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is BST Legit
How the **** do you beat the sequence where you have to give the order for troops to fire on the red coats? I thought I understood, but no matter what I do, I lose everyone before I can kill enough of them. Is there a trick that I'm missing? I tried close to 10 times to try to beat that sequence and still haven't gotten it yet.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:03 AM #91
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

I'm enjoying this game a ton, ran into some random bugs last night that forced me to restart the sequence, overall though nothing that makes me scream in rage yet. First time playing this game on console though so the controls feel awkward as ****.
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Ninja Mouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:46 AM #92
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is BST Legit
Yea, I've seen a few bugs, lol.

Not to mention AI pathing that causes people to infinitely walk in circles, and bears that get stuck in trees and then just stare at you instead of attacking.
Old 11-01-2012, 01:15 PM #93
Nerve06
Just a City Boy

Anyone cleared any of the Forts? They are like near impossible to get into, and sneak around for a kill. It's like playing a game of strategically sprinting and taking two out and then ducking around a corner into a bush. It gets old super fast, and even more retarded is when guards randomly spawn out of thin air in front of me.
Nerve06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:37 PM #94
Pyrosive
Jacked

Pyrosive helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerve06 View Post
Anyone cleared any of the Forts? They are like near impossible to get into, and sneak around for a kill. It's like playing a game of strategically sprinting and taking two out and then ducking around a corner into a bush. It gets old super fast, and even more retarded is when guards randomly spawn out of thin air in front of me.
For a game that is about being an assassin and stealthy, this game makes it very hard to be quiet and stealthy. Yeah you can hide in hay and stuff to kill people, but there is no sneak mode or anything. Best way to clear the forts is to just run and kill ****.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:28 PM #95
Tooshka
FBGM

Yeah I pretty much just fight and kill everyone in the forts. I don't even try and be stealthy.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a game flaw, but when I accept an assassination or courier job, the "quest giver" just says, "thanks" and then I'm left wondering wtf is going on. Like I can still find my assassination targets and deliver mail I guess? but the whole thing doesn't make sense. It just seems really vague and weird.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:42 PM #96
midman112
Lawd Oh Lawd

midman112 supports Team VICIOUS
midman112 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
midman112 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooshka View Post
Yeah I pretty much just fight and kill everyone in the forts. I don't even try and be stealthy.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a game flaw, but when I accept an assassination or courier job, the "quest giver" just says, "thanks" and then I'm left wondering wtf is going on. Like I can still find my assassination targets and deliver mail I guess? but the whole thing doesn't make sense. It just seems really vague and weird.
Same thing happens for me too. I get the job but then I have no ****ing idea where I am supposed to be taking the mail.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:54 PM #97
EmpireEmperor

EmpireEmperor is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
EmpireEmperor is Legendary
The combat feels incredibly clunky. For whatever reason the developers thought making it "easier" to switch in and out of combat mode would be a good idea, but far too many times I've made one slight movement the wrong way, I get kicked out of the fighting stance, and some snaggle-toothed Brit hits me in the back.

Quote:
The stealth elements are definitely underwhelming. I just got finished with the part where you have to steal the map from the fort where George Washington is hanging out. After trying and failing a good dozen times to do the mission without killing any guards, I just said **** it and killed any guards who got in my way. Like Pyro said, some kind of sneak mode would be a huge boon.
EmpireEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:16 PM #98
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is BST Legit
Going from Dishonored to this was like a kick in the nuts. I felt like a murderous Batman in that game. This game makes me feel like I'm running around with scissors. Dangerous but as much to myself as my enemies.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:41 PM #99
digitard
GregRedHastings.com

Annual Supporting Member
digitard supports Empire
All that matters is I can finally climb tree's in the forest and sneak attack bears from above!
Old 11-01-2012, 06:44 PM #100
big_scott
Has a good personality.

Annual Supporting Member
big_scott is BST Legit
I do like giving deer the people's elbow,
Old 11-02-2012, 01:35 AM #101
Ninja Mouse
K BELL IS BACK

Just beat Assassins Creed 3.

Spoiler: (Highlight this box to see the hidden message.)
Makes Mass Effect 3's ending look ****ing brilliant. Biggest letdown ever.
"Originally posted by PballPlayer™: I came home on my break to find this. I'm never going to say anything bad about the Saints again. Ninja is a god. It was bigger than I expected (twss) so I'm sure it was pricey, thanks Ninja, you are too kind."
Sauce
Ninja Mouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 03:34 AM #102
Nerve06
Just a City Boy

So as a long time fan of this series, and someone who owns and has completed every game in the series, today I hit my breaking point.

This game is ****ing awesome, BUT IT IS SO OBVIOUSLY UNDERDEVELOPED AND CLEARLY SHOULD NOT HAVE COME OUT FOR ANOTHER 6 MONTHS.

Jesus christ. The stealthiness of past games is not there, guards who magically can see you with eyes in the back of their heads, guards who randomly spawn in front of you out of thin air, guards who can detect and shoot me even though I'm outside of the fort and am quietly walking around the corner of the building, the list ****ing goes on. Assassin contracts where the contract is glitched into a ****ing carriage and therefore can't be attacked. The joke of an economic system, which is retardedly complex for a game that is about killing people, yet skimps on any explanation of why the assassin contracts are being killed or why the mail is being delivered, other than saying "Thank you" or "Dead, collected xxx amount of dollars." Secondary mission objectives that don't show up on the map, even after the mission is initiated.

WHOSE ****ING IDEA WAS IT TO NOT HAVE VIEWPOINTS DISCOVER THE WHOLE MAP ANYMORE?! SERIOUSLY. WTF.

But then, the piece de resistance, god forbid your notoriety ever get to three, or else you are pretty much ****ed. I must have killed upwards of 75 guards in a span of 15 minutes, where they just kept ****ing spawning. Like whole battalions of 6 guys running over, over and over and over. And to top it off, blending in the crowd and hiding spots are so limited in this game, that when I did run like a mofo to hide, the second I popped out to tear some posters down, or bribe someone, the whole sequence re-initiated itself. I **** you not, tomorrow I will record this bull****.

This game is really an awesome game, the depth is unreal. It may be my blind fanboy appreciation of the game contributing to it, but if this were any other game, I'd have thrown it through a wall by now.
Nerve06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:00 AM #103
angelballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post

angelballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:27 AM #104
Paintnoob13
**** Ohio

Paintnoob13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Mouse View Post

loooooooool
Paintnoob13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:03 PM #105
EmpireEmperor

EmpireEmperor is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
EmpireEmperor is Legendary
Quote:
The joke of an economic system, which is retardedly complex for a game that is about killing people
I thought the same thing. While I generally appreciate depth in a video game, the homestead buy/sell system is a little too convoluted. It seems like the time spent on that particular aspect could have been used on more important things, like improving the stealth mechanics.

Quote:
yet skimps on any explanation of why the assassin contracts are being killed or why the mail is being delivered, other than saying "Thank you" or "Dead, collected xxx amount of dollars."
Ah, so it isn't a bug. I've experienced this as well and hoped it was some kind of glitch, but apparently the developers were really just that lazy.
EmpireEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote