Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-01-2012, 09:28 PM #1
teejizzle

Empire Sniper help!

I just bought an Empire Sniper from a buddy of mine back home for super-cheap, and inherited his problems.

Problem #1: The auto-trigger came removed from the gun when I received it, but when I try to install it the gun no longer fires. The AT isn't a very complicated design so idk what the problem is. Whenever I install the AT it blocks the trigger pull, preventing the gun from shooting at all.

Problem #2: the pump stroke is pretty bad. Like, it gets stuck about mid pump stroke, like it is catching on something. It isnt the bolt O-ring catching on the detents, it just seems like there is a lot of friction somewhere in the stroke, and I can't figure out why. The return spring is still in it, and doesnt seem to be causing a problem. And the guide rods are both the same length (i've heard that can cause problems)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!
teejizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2012, 10:07 PM #2
t0ph3r89
DPF

t0ph3r89 supports DLX Technology
Sounds like your hammer lug is adjusted poorly, I think screwed in too far. Back it out a half-turn at a time and see how that goes.

Someone may have to chime in and correct me.

Edit: a little visual for you... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqMqkER--9M

Last edited by t0ph3r89 : 11-01-2012 at 10:11 PM.
t0ph3r89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:40 PM #3
BuiltforBoost

Annual Supporting Member
BuiltforBoost owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
BuiltforBoost owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BuiltforBoost plays in the APPA D5 division
This^^

Also when I had a sniper, one rod had to be screwed into the sled more than the other or else the rods would bind in the guide holes. Basically if I counted the threads exposed out of the sled. One side had two more threads showing. If I screwed them in the same amount the pump stroke was aweful.

Try adjusting the rods until you find a spot that smoothes the pump stroke out. Clean the guide holes and hammer really well. Hopefully this helps.

Remember the auto trigger arm needs to be on the left side of the marker.
BuiltforBoost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:18 PM #4
teejizzle

You guys are awesome!!! Auto trigger now works correctly. Time to take a break, go get some dinner, then tackle that pump stroke.
teejizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 07:46 AM #5
noclue119
D3 to D4 in.... never

Annual Supporting Member
noclue119 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
noclue119 supports Team VICIOUS
noclue119 plays in the APPA D3 division
noclue119 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by teejizzle View Post
You guys are awesome!!! Auto trigger now works correctly. Time to take a break, go get some dinner, then tackle that pump stroke.
make sure the two guide rods are the same length. i.e. u should be able to stand the pump arms+sled on the two guide rods vertically. That ensures they are the same length.
noclue119 is offline   Reply With Quote