PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-25-2012, 06:05 PM #1
mexican916

mexican916 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
mexican916 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Behind the Veil-Secret Mormon Temple Rituals

I rarely venture into here, mainly just lurk but this video is very interesting and I figured to bring it to others' attention.

Advertisement
Old 10-25-2012, 06:46 PM #2
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican916 View Post
I rarely venture into here, mainly just lurk but this video is very interesting and I figured to bring it to others' attention.

Damnit, I was hoping to see human sacrifice. Something. This is boring.
Iamamartianchurch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:04 PM #3
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity

That's really weird
SupraSuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:23 AM #4
automagsrule
LOIC

These are secret? Lolwut?

“If it is true that we need a degree of certainty to get by, it is also true that too much of the stuff can be lethal”
-Terry Eagleton
automagsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:24 PM #5
Dynamopbers

has been a member for 10 years
What a hero of a Mormon to do that...

Love the Mitt Romney references. Truely sad to see what things people can believe and then dedicate their lives to. That goes for all religions...
Dynamopbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:46 PM #6
marcozombie

That. Was. Bat****. Creeped me out. I'll still say high to the kids on bikes though...gosh they are nice.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:49 PM #7
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity

They are. They also have great morals and upstanding character. Belief in God, regardless of religion, is essential for developing the best societies. God rewards those who are sincere, righteous, and who work hard on His behalf. That's why America was amazing until the 60's-70's and why it's clearly going down the ****ter now. Populations that don't never fail to go down the ****ter.

Last edited by SupraSuper : 11-01-2012 at 05:53 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:54 PM #8
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraSuper View Post
Belief in God, regardless of religion, is essential for developing the best societies.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 05:58 PM #9
marcozombie

This one is interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzixD...eature=related
Old 11-01-2012, 06:00 PM #10
F1VENOM

It had me until it said church of mormon and you know the creator is full of ****.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:06 PM #11
marcozombie

Quote:
They are. They also have great morals and upstanding character. Belief in God, regardless of religion, is essential for developing the best societies. God rewards those who are sincere, righteous, and who work hard on His behalf. That's why America was amazing until the 60's-70's and why it's clearly going down the ****ter now. Populations that don't never fail to go down the ****ter.
That is a nice sentiment. However, I work hard, am sincere and try to make a difference, not at the prompting of ancient scripture, an unproven diety looking over my shoulder, or promised paradise. I do these things because thats who I am. I try to be the best person I can be to make a difference while on this earth, not to earn a cushy spot in suposed afterlife.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:22 PM #12
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity

It has nothing to do with Heaven or Hell. Following God's law does not contradict how we understand with our own reasoning the best way to live your life. The number of times I've come to understand that if I followed the teachings of the Qur'an in so many situations, I would have been better off, is too many to count. I was not a religious person what-so-ever growing up. When I started going through life, facing a lot of tough situations, and ultimately making the wrong choices only to learn the right choices were right in front of my face had I just taken the time to read, study, and understand the Qur'an, is when I started becoming closer to God. God's law wasn't brought down to us to make life hard, it tells us how to live life good, fair, just. And very clearly, society does need scripture to become a just one. While you as a singular human being may not, you were still brought up in a society with an Abrahamic moral foundation. In addition, if it hasn't been clear to you from everyday life in America, the farther we move away from being a God-fearing nation, the greater the divide, crime, corruption, immorality, narcissism, materialsm, etc.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:48 PM #13
memorex
I'm Suppish

memorex helped look for balloons
memorex is playing at Living Legends V
memorex owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
memorex supports Team VICIOUS
memorex is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I dont fear god...I would really like to see it smite my ***. Cause guess what....it wont happen

All I see religion is a way to live your life right. Just and moral. Nothing else.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:51 PM #14
SupraSuper
Celebrate Diversity

You're sure it wont happen? I didn't know you were a soothsayer. I'm also pretty sure you can die as I'm typing this. Regardless of whether or not God takes you sooner or later, you're still going to face Him and you'll be judged according to what your hands have put forth in this life.
Old 11-01-2012, 06:53 PM #15
licence2kill
POOP

Quote:
I feel like all of East Asia disproves this theory.
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:46 AM #16
marcozombie

Quote:
It has nothing to do with Heaven or Hell. Following God's law does not contradict how we understand with our own reasoning the best way to live your life. .
Of course it has all to do with heaven or hell, otherwise the point of having 'gods laws' to follow here on earth is moot. The way I see it (generaly speaking) if your faith has a set of 'gods laws' to follow, its to keep you on the straight and narrow to get to the ultimate goal of heaven and avoiding whatever the opposite of that is. Sure allong the way you get to do good deeds and help others and what not, but its all for the sake of getting into that great place in the afterlife.
Old 11-02-2012, 11:10 AM #17
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcozombie View Post
Of course it has all to do with heaven or hell, otherwise the point of having 'gods laws' to follow here on earth is moot. The way I see it (generaly speaking) if your faith has a set of 'gods laws' to follow, its to keep you on the straight and narrow to get to the ultimate goal of heaven and avoiding whatever the opposite of that is. Sure allong the way you get to do good deeds and help others and what not, but its all for the sake of getting into that great place in the afterlife.
Or you know, cause you have a love for and a reverence of life.
Old 11-02-2012, 01:23 PM #18
marcozombie

I have 'love for and a reverence for life,' I just don't base my love and reverance off of ancient directives from an archaic set of scriptures. Not how I roll.
Old 11-02-2012, 02:52 PM #19
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcozombie View Post
I have 'love for and a reverence for life,' I just don't base my love and reverance off of ancient directives from an archaic set of scriptures. Not how I roll.
Do we get to write off the work of Einstein or Hawkins when it becomes ancient?

But that's well besides the point. There's no need to constantly be an ***. There are multiple sources one can get love and reverence of life, none of which are essential, but, that fact alone does not denigrate their usefulness
Old 11-02-2012, 05:16 PM #20
marcozombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Do we get to write off the work of Einstein or Hawkins when it becomes ancient?
Thats up to you really, I was refereing to ones claimed to be the word of god.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:18 PM #21
marcozombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
There are multiple sources one can get love and reverence of life, none of which are essential, but, that fact alone does not denigrate their usefulness
True.