Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-01-2012, 04:56 AM #1
Jetstorm19

Weird sound/Performance problem

I recently picked up a used Etha that was in really good condition. I tested it and everything was working fine. Got it home and it was still working good. 2 weeks later (yesterday) I took it out to the field and in the first game I started having problems. While playing I was randomly getting these weird sounds coming from the gun that sounded part air leak and almost like a wheezing sound. I couldn't tell if it was coming from the bolt area or around the solenoid. It would go away on its own and come back at random times. I can still shoot it but when I would try to shoot it fast it would make the wheezy sound while firing and sometimes stop/spit a paintball 30ft out the barrel. If I stopped for a second and fired again it would be fine.

I took the bolt out here at home and cleaned and lubed it per the directions from the video. Afterwards I put a hopper through it w/o any problems. I tried another hopper and it started having issues again about half way through.

I have the warranty card in the manual, but I did not know if I would be able to register it since I bought it used and paid cash, so I have no receipt.

If anyone could help me out I would be very grateful as I just got it and haven't gotten to use it much yet and would hate to have to replace a bunch of parts already
Jetstorm19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-01-2012, 06:34 AM #2
Nicky T
Eclipse Customer Service

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Nicky T works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nicky T owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Nicky T plays in the APPA D5 division
Nicky T has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Hi,

Firstly you can definitely still register it. If you want to do it online, please do so via: https://warranty.planeteclipse.com/site/signin

Once you have regsitered it we can begin to get you sorted, so feel free to drop us a line on: customerservice@planeteclipse.com and we will gladly assist you further.

Nicky T

If you have an Iphone, Ipad or Itouch then you need to treat yourself to an awesome app called Field Designer. You can purchase it directly through the iTunes App Store by following this link: Buy Field Designer NOW! or on the Android store HERE!

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NickyTruter
Nicky T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:33 AM #3
FrEnZy07

FrEnZy07 plays in the PSP
FrEnZy07 is an NCPA player
i have been having same problem, i changed the small spring in the back of the bolt and seemed to work for the time being

Feedback!!
FrEnZy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:07 PM #4
Jetstorm19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky T View Post
Hi,

Firstly you can definitely still register it. If you want to do it online, please do so via: https://warranty.planeteclipse.com/site/signin

Once you have regsitered it we can begin to get you sorted, so feel free to drop us a line on: customerservice@planeteclipse.com and we will gladly assist you further.

Nicky T
Okay Nicky T I have gone ahead and registered the Etha as you requested. I'll be sending out and email right after this. Thanks
Old 11-01-2012, 02:08 PM #5
Jetstorm19

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrEnZy07 View Post
i have been having same problem, i changed the small spring in the back of the bolt and seemed to work for the time being
I might have to throw the extra spring in there and see what it does. Hopefully that fixes the problem so I don't have to send the gun out for repairs. I'll update later if this fixes it or not.
Old 11-01-2012, 03:31 PM #6
Calculon The Great

I had a similar issue but it was my fault: I put grease on the bolt and its surrounding components by mistake. I carefully wiped everything off and problem fixed. You need to run the bolt absolutely dry.
Calculon The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:32 PM #7
Jetstorm19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calculon The Great View Post
I had a similar issue but it was my fault: I put grease on the bolt and its surrounding components by mistake. I carefully wiped everything off and problem fixed. You need to run the bolt absolutely dry.
Yeah I thought that was the problem too. I took the bolt assembly completely apart and only put lube where they said to and that's it. Everything else is dry except o-rings etc that are suppose to be lubed.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:18 PM #8
lucidvtec
Hey now!!!!

lucidvtec owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
lucidvtec supports Team VICIOUS
lucidvtec plays in the APPA D5 division
i'm having a similar problem

every so many balls....one will pretty much roll out...not the first shot either

sounds like the bolt is stuck

I just got the etha today....NOT TO HAPPY BOUT THAT

I took it apart...all the orings are minty fresh....cleaned and relubed everything
..even the bolt...

same issue...

read some stuff online...Clean the bolt up nice....and still

same issues

it's never the first couple of shots ...but random ones...sounds like the bolt gets stuck..and a ball just rolls out...then it's fine right after that shot

just pulled apart the gun and everything looks fine...nothing bent..springs look good...orings look great

UGH

even more irritated from the company that I ordered the Etha from

DOROSPORTS...worst company ever...took 3 weeks to get here...and the package is missing the AIR tank as well

does this paintballs or reballs

Super Sexy Ego 11 with CSL & DART kit plus other goodies
lucidvtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:16 PM #9
enginerd

enginerd owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucidvtec View Post
i'm having a similar problem

every so many balls....one will pretty much roll out...not the first shot either

sounds like the bolt is stuck

I just got the etha today....NOT TO HAPPY BOUT THAT

I took it apart...all the orings are minty fresh....cleaned and relubed everything
..even the bolt...

same issue...

read some stuff online...Clean the bolt up nice....and still

same issues

it's never the first couple of shots ...but random ones...sounds like the bolt gets stuck..and a ball just rolls out...then it's fine right after that shot

just pulled apart the gun and everything looks fine...nothing bent..springs look good...orings look great

UGH

even more irritated from the company that I ordered the Etha from

DOROSPORTS...worst company ever...took 3 weeks to get here...and the package is missing the AIR tank as well

does this paintballs or reballs
Don't put any lube on the bolt or the bumper washer behind the bolt. Hopefully that is the cause of your issues.
enginerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:53 PM #10
assm

could also be your macroline...ive already changed mine 2 times in the past 3 months...the etha eats them up
Old 11-24-2012, 09:04 PM #11
lucidvtec
Hey now!!!!

lucidvtec supports Team VICIOUS
lucidvtec plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by enginerd View Post
Don't put any lube on the bolt or the bumper washer behind the bolt. Hopefully that is the cause of your issues.
I tried that already ....with and without....

I have taken it apart twice already...completely cleaned.and all that..

shot some paint and reballs

gotta save the paint for tomorrow

I have faith in PE thou

packed up my EGO 11....gonna try the Etha for the first point or two..if it doesn't mess up I will continue to play with it for the day..otherwise back to the Trusty EGO...I need to break that bad boy in aswell

Super Sexy Ego 11 with CSL & DART kit plus other goodies
lucidvtec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 10:49 AM #12
Team Live Wire 911
*««FireFighter»»*

has been a member for 10 years
Team Live Wire 911 plays in the PSP
Team Live Wire 911 plays in the APPA D4 division
Team Live Wire 911 supports Empire
I have encountered this problem with about 10 diffrent Ethas about 90% of the time i have found it to be the rear poppet oring or the internal joiner oring. The poppet is a #11 and the internal joiner is a #12. When looking at the tech poster or manual it will be item number 9 and 6. They also have issue with bending the poppet springs. Those three things are what give it the weezing noise and really bad shoot down. Also I have a dislike for the stock eclipse lube (Gerry will kill me for saying this) but I prefer to use Exalts vitamin G or lurkers.monkey poo. If sending the gun in make sure you have it lubed with the provided Eclipse lube or Gerry will sometimes throw a fit about it.

They are great guns but this is there weak point also make sure to have Fresh NAME brand battery in the marker. I use Energizer MAX but Duracell will work NO Rayovac or other brand you think is name brand.....Stick with the Drumming Rabbit or Copper Top.

If you have any questiong you can call Gerry at planet Eclipse US but Gerry usualy is at an event or is smokeing so he wont answer. If you want to talk to a tech dirrectly call up Tim at Avid Extreme Sports in Dallas,Tx . He techs All of D1 Team Texas Storms markers.

Gerry Bates Planet Eclipse USA
(401) 247-9061 or gerry.b@planeteclipse.com

Or

Tim at Avid Extreme Sportz Dallas
(214) 256-4553

If calling Tim at Avid let him know Kyle from the CIA sent you his way.