Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-31-2012, 01:00 PM #736
Tafari Makonnen
His Imperial Majesty
 
Tafari Makonnen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Addis Ababa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Man View Post
Keep spewing your idiocy. It suits you.
You have yet to post anything that isn't regurgitation of garbage .
__________________
Magen VeLo Yera'e

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph.
Tafari Makonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-31-2012, 01:11 PM #737
Soul Man
free
 
Soul Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tafari Makonnen View Post
You have yet to post anything that isn't regurgitation of garbage .
It's like you are some kind of new undercover leftist zombie that has blown his cover and can only type posts that fail.
__________________
florida is the united states penis
Soul Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:14 PM #738
Tafari Makonnen
His Imperial Majesty
 
Tafari Makonnen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Addis Ababa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Man View Post
It's like you are some kind of new undercover leftist zombie that has blown his cover and can only type posts that fail.
I am far from leftist. I just hate stupid people, regardless of ideology.
__________________
Magen VeLo Yera'e

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph.
Tafari Makonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:16 PM #739
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff
 
TheSilentAssassin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
That was most unexpected.
It was intended as a compliment. You seem much less concerned with politics and much more concerned with ideas than most. To be honest, I couldn't tell you who I think you will vote for. Although if I recall correctly, you said you wouldn't be voting (which lead me to say what I did).
__________________
“There are only two kinds of people, those who accept dogmas and know it, and those who accept dogmas and don’t know it.” – G. K. Chesterton - The Mercy of Mr. Arnold Bennett, Fancies vs. Fads

Last edited by TheSilentAssassin : 10-31-2012 at 01:19 PM.
TheSilentAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:22 PM #740
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
It was intended as a compliment. You seem much less concerned with politics and much more concerned with ideas than most. To be honest, I couldn't tell you who I think you will vote for (although if I recall correctly, you said you wouldn't be voting).
I took it as such, thank you. actually I had assumed I was pegged into some area by others. Ideas are far more interesting than politics.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:24 PM #741
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
I got caught up in the moment. I used it because Libertarians always argue for a Free-As-**** market. I do consider that fairly radical. Even though I can't stand that word.
We got side tracked by soul troll. Umami does this clear it up?
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:25 PM #742
Umami
Mad as a hatter
 
Umami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Laniakea
Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
I took it as such, thank you. actually I had assumed I was pegged into some area by others. Ideas are far more interesting than politics.
True, but where's the fun without some sort of application?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
We got side tracked by soul troll. Umami does this clear it up?
Yup.
__________________
Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:41 PM #743
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Understand ideas/principles/ underlying orders and all else flows outward.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:52 PM #744
Umami
Mad as a hatter
 
Umami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Laniakea
Umami works for a Paintball manufacturer
Umami supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Understand ideas/principles/ underlying orders and all else flows outward.
Not unless you're willing to interpret and apply. One of the more interesting effects of application is realizing which thoughts and assumptions can seem bulletproof in theory and miserable failure in practice. Happens all the time in a lab setting, not all variables and results can be predicted, even in a "pure" field like Physics.

But I'm an experimentalist so I'm biased.
__________________
Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man.

I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:10 PM #745
Iamamartianchurch
 
 
Iamamartianchurch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umami View Post
Not unless you're willing to interpret and apply. One of the more interesting effects of application is realizing which thoughts and assumptions can seem bulletproof in theory and miserable failure in practice. Happens all the time in a lab setting, not all variables and results can be predicted, even in a "pure" field like Physics.

But I'm an experimentalist so I'm biased.
No doubt, I think this fits into the "Flowing Outward" bit. Established paradigms have a lot of this leg work already done, typically, so we can go to the source.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:42 PM #746
marcozombie
 
 
marcozombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Tejas!
Heck-of-a-job Brownie rags on Obama's responce to Sandy. 'Too speedy' he says. Rich if you aske me but whatever:

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/n...iticizes-obama
__________________
I am for freedom of religion, & against all maneuvres to bring about a legal ascendancy of one sect over another.]-- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Elbridge Gerry, 1799http://abaddoncomic.com/
marcozombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:03 PM #747
Blake360
 
 
Blake360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Socal
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/f...-election.html

Lol, obama has to borrow clinton's record because his own record is so pathetic.
Blake360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:23 PM #748
Treghc
 
 
Treghc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Seattle
Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake360 View Post
Lol, obama has to borrow clinton's record because his own record is so pathetic.
How do you know that?

What control variable are you measuring against?
__________________
“But men, they say a lot of foolish things. In the end, the only words I can find to believe in are mine." - Joe

Tarsier Slave


We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:26 PM #749
Blake360
 
 
Blake360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Socal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
How do you know that?

What control variable are you measuring against?
I know that because I read the article. That's the reason why I provided the article in the first place, derp.
Blake360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:32 PM #750
Tafari Makonnen
His Imperial Majesty
 
Tafari Makonnen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Addis Ababa
What reason do you have to believe the article is truthful, or that their analysis of the situation is sound?
__________________
Magen VeLo Yera'e

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph.
Tafari Makonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:35 PM #751
Blake360
 
 
Blake360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Socal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tafari Makonnen View Post
What reason do you have to believe the article is truthful, or that their analysis of the situation is sound?
Because the article has quotes that came from obama's own mouth.
Are you asking how do I know what obama said is actually what he said?
Well for one, I can understand English. I think that's the only valid reason there could be for such a ridiculous question.
And why don't you tell me what their "analysis of the situation" is, because I only saw reported quotes and facts, no such analysis. I'm sure you didn't even read the article though, so I can see where your false assumption came from.
Blake360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:39 PM #752
Tafari Makonnen
His Imperial Majesty
 
Tafari Makonnen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Addis Ababa
Way to be a sheep, sheep.
__________________
Magen VeLo Yera'e

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph.
Tafari Makonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:44 PM #753
Blake360
 
 
Blake360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Socal
I'm a sheep because I posted an article containing quotes from obama, and coming to the obvious conclusion that he's trying to ride clinton's coattails?
Your logic continues to amaze me. It's sad you don't see the irony of this.
Blake360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:53 PM #754
Treghc
 
 
Treghc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Seattle
Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake360 View Post
I know that because I read the article. That's the reason why I provided the article in the first place, derp.
I'm talking about Obama's record being pathetic. I should've been more specific. I apologize.

How do you know Obama's record has been pathetic? What are you measuring it against? Which control variable?

I say this because there is no control variable. We haven't had anyone else in history go through the same economic and political problems that Obama has gone through. We can't accurately measure the grade of his performance because he is the control variable. The only president to reside in such a situation.
__________________
“But men, they say a lot of foolish things. In the end, the only words I can find to believe in are mine." - Joe

Tarsier Slave


We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:57 PM #755
Tafari Makonnen
His Imperial Majesty
 
Tafari Makonnen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Addis Ababa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake360 View Post
I'm a sheep because I posted an article containing quotes from obama, and coming to the obvious conclusion that he's trying to ride clinton's coattails?
Your logic continues to amaze me. It's sad you don't see the irony of this.
The opening statement of the article presents his analysis, and the remainder is structured to support his point.

Quote:
Do voters in 2012 face a choice between Bill Clinton and George W. Bush? That's how President Barack Obama, returning to the campaign trail with gusto after a break to respond to Sandy, cast the election during a final push in the battleground state of Wisconsin. He also looked to harness the bipartisan truce fostered by the devastating superstorm.
You ate it up like the sheep you are.
__________________
Magen VeLo Yera'e

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph.
Tafari Makonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:58 PM #756
Blake360
 
 
Blake360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Socal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treghc View Post
I'm talking about Obama's record being pathetic. I should've been more specific. I apologize.

How do you know Obama's record has been pathetic? What are you measuring it against? Which control variable?

I say this because there is no control variable. We haven't had anyone else in history go through the same economic and political problems that Obama has gone through. We can't accurately measure the grade of his performance because he is the control variable. The only president to reside in such a situation.
The control variable is Obama's promises before he was president. When we compare obama's policies and actions to those, it is easy to see why he has a terrible record.
Blake360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump