Community Focus

Old 10-25-2012, 10:35 AM #43
pntball_dude1990
is full of gin and regret

pntball_dude1990 donated to help Peyton Trent
pntball_dude1990 helped look for balloons
pntball_dude1990 is playing at Living Legends III
pntball_dude1990 supports Team VICIOUS
its been a while since i got excited about an entry level gun (14 years ago when i started playing, to be exact) but..

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG I WANT ITTTTTTTTT.

mechanical but the only things moving are the trigger, whats in the valve, whats in the reg, and the bolt. WHAT? no sear to wear down! not a million springs in it!

160 psi operation. ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTY MOTHER LOVING POUNDS PER SQUARE INCH OF PRESSURE.
10 years ago, if you bought a gun that retailed at 130 bucks, you were running unregulated at whatever plain-out, super-bonkers amount of pressure your co2 tank felt like crapping out that day, and god forbid you were shooting fast, because that beast would work arm like a jackhammer.

also

ITS SMALL
AND LIGHT
AND LOOKS NICE
IT LOOKS NICER THAN TOURNEY GUNS FROM WHEN I STARTED.

anyone who says GOG needs to make a new shocker, obviously doesn't understand that the eXTCy could go toe to toe with any marker that came out when the shocker did. AND THEN THIS THING IS GOING TO RIP TOO. AAHHH I WANT IT GIMME GIMME.

ORBITAL PAINTBALL
pntball_dude1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:48 AM #44
SamareI

Yep. This is going to make a lot of new paintballers happy. Lifetime warranty!

Win for GoG!

Again. To bad tippman didn't hit the mark with the gryphon!
SamareI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:19 PM #45
pbstar1987

I cannot wait to see the reviews that will be coming out the next few weeks. I am particularly interested in the details of what the eframe will be like.
pbstar1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:40 PM #46
Dedloc
That guy.

Annual Supporting Member
Dedloc is BST Legit
Dedloc is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Dedloc is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbstar1987 View Post
I cannot wait to see the reviews that will be coming out the next few weeks. I am particularly interested in the details of what the eframe will be like.
Probably what you get on the envy, since its the same marker only with a single trigger.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:09 AM #47
shocktroop
Sit and Relax

shocktroop plays in the PSP
shocktroop plays in the APPA D3 division
The gun is super dope. I actually went to the orientation class you could say at World Cup for it and my field has one for testing.
The trigger feels kind of like a autococker 3 way but way much shorter of a stroke and more reliable. You do have to pull the trigger all the way back in order for it to fire. It has a very snappy feel. Since it works like a 3 way, the bolt does stay forward when you hold the trigger down.
The only difference compare to an envy/vibe is the solenoid and trigger frame. If you have Envy/vibe frames, boards w/solenoid, that's all you need to convert it to one. Eye slot is already milled in as well.

Represent the old, long 68/45k tanks!
Rockin' a Champagne Eigen'd NXT Shocker

Old Feedback
shocktroop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:46 AM #48
pbstar1987

So can you keep the single trigger or do you have to use a double trigger frame?
pbstar1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:48 AM #49
pntball_dude1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbstar1987 View Post
So can you keep the single trigger or do you have to use a double trigger frame?
i believe you would have to have the double but you could do what I've always done with my ions and just chop half the trigger off (pretty much only play in psp mode for tourneys)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shocktroop View Post
You do have to pull the trigger all the way back in order for it to fire.
my friend did not understand this concept when we were shooting it at the event.
but i must agree, really snappy trigger, minimal kickback with all things stock, ****ing accurate with the stock barrel. if fields start using these as rentals, i might actually have to start trying out there.

ORBITAL PAINTBALL
Old 10-31-2012, 01:36 PM #50
pntball_dude1990

Also I asked and for those who inquired, its compatable with all ion style bolts (ofcourse the l7 bolt will keep purging air as long as you have the trigger pulled down, thus causing fps inconsistencies. Sorry techt fans, but id rule this bolt out), AND the 360 QEV.

ORBITAL PAINTBALL
Old 10-31-2012, 03:55 PM #51
danssoslow

Quote:
Originally Posted by pntball_dude1990 View Post
Also I asked and for those who inquired, its compatable with all ion style bolts (ofcourse the l7 bolt will keep purging air as long as you have the trigger pulled down, thus causing fps inconsistencies. Sorry techt fans, but id rule this bolt out), AND the 360 QEV.
Is the only thing keeping an L7 bolt from working the 2nd o-ring on the tail end of the bolt? I'd imagine, if so, it won't be long before that 2nd o-ring is factory installed.
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:16 PM #52
y0da900
Nerdivore

An L7 doesn't even have a tail in the same sense as other Ion bolts - makes it tough to put a second o-ring on when there isn't even a first
y0da900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:31 PM #53
Punisher068

Quote:
Originally Posted by y0da900 View Post
An L7 doesn't even have a tail in the same sense as other Ion bolts - makes it tough to put a second o-ring on when there isn't even a first
Could he be thinking the L6?That one will work,i have your(Yodas) kit with it.
Does TechT still make the L6?
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Punisher068 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:56 PM #54
danssoslow

It was an assumption on my part that they were all basically the same. I watched a youtube video on the L7, and figured out I was way wrong.

While you are here, Yoda; you see any future in mods for this gun? I was contemplating a closed bolt for my mech Ion; but if you may be cooking something up for this gun, I may hold out.
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:41 PM #55
pntball_dude1990

Woah. Yoda, you're from the town I grew up in.

ORBITAL PAINTBALL
Old 11-01-2012, 06:59 AM #56
jerky bob

jerky bob supports Cereal Killerz 2
jerky bob donated to help Peyton Trent
jerky bob supports our troops
jerky bob supports DLX Technology
I want to thank everybody that stopped by the booth to shoot the new marker. We had a great time showcasing it!!! I probably had the best job at WC running the booth and shoting the new marker. It is an amazing marker and we had no issues with it except when the batteries finally were dieing out in the Spire. We got around 35,000 shots from that set of batteries and put around 20 cases of paint through it. The reason the Spire was on it was to show that you could pull 10-12 BPS if you were quick on the trigger. Many who shot it were amazed it was a mech and not an electro. Considering it had a short stock barrel it was really accurate. Imagine upgrading to a Freak Kit. Combine the basic package, add a Ninja 35cc 3000psi HPA tank and a 50 or 100 round gravity feed loader, and you have the perfect rental marker for the small fry having a birthday party at your local field--light weight and looks like a tournament marker. I see nothing but good things for this marker and the future of GOG Paintball.
jerky bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:07 AM #57
jerky bob

jerky bob supports Cereal Killerz 2
jerky bob donated to help Peyton Trent
jerky bob supports our troops
jerky bob supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedloc View Post
Probably what you get on the envy, since its the same marker only with a single trigger.
That is correct. Problem with a double trigger frame and no eyes is if you start to pull much over 12-13 BPS, you will begin to chop paint. It is really aimed at the store/field owner rental market for ease of maintainence and the fact no batteries to die, no boards to fry, no dwell to set. If you really want a double trigger frame, get the ENVY or EXTACY. Same GOG quality and customer service which is the best in the industry.
jerky bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:54 AM #58
benzy2
angry bird

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
If all you are worried about is velocity, I would try the L7 before I said it was inconsistent, especially if you toss a QEV on there. The big drawback of the L7 will be the efficiency. It is going to waste a ton of gas each shot. The time the bolt is forward would be multiple times longer than with electronics controlling dwell, which should cut efficiency down by similar multiples as well, potentially as bad as a hopper a tank (or worse I suppose if you simply hold the trigger back until the tank empties). The time it takes a paintball to accelerate and leave the barrel is small. I don't think a person who fully cycles the bolt (trigger all the way back and forward) will be shooting anywhere near close enough to see velocity inconsistencies out of a L7 bolt. If you start short stroking the trigger you may, but you may not feed either.

Efficiency seems to be the real drawback to the L7, though numbers on both sides would need confirmed before anything could be set in stone. I'm sure someone who picks one of these up may have an L7 in another gun that they could swap for a tank worth of testing sooner or later.
benzy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 11:15 AM #59
fishballer06
ShockerRepair.com

Annual Supporting Member
fishballer06 is BST Legit
fishballer06 plays in the PSP
fishballer06 donated to help Peyton Trent
fishballer06 supports our troops
fishballer06 supports DLX Technology
I tested my eNMEy out last night using some different tank regs. I went from the Ninja SLP 300 output, to the Ninja Pro 550 output, to a DXS 800 output reg. The marker shot the same velocity with the same spread with every different tank reg. I couldn't notice any shoot down either during long, rapid fire strings of shots. Great job GoG
Old 11-01-2012, 11:30 AM #60
pntball_dude1990

i wasn't by any means implying that it would be massively inconsistent or anything, I'm just imagining with an open back end to the bolt and the overall cycle time being dictated by how long someone wants to hold the trigger down for, it might cause a variance. if velocity can be dictated by the set dwell on a board, then it can be dictated by someone holding the trigger down longer on one shot than another. obviously if it takes 14ms for your bolt to travel forward and your dwell is set at 16ms and the back of your bolt doesn't seal up once the bolt is fully forward, you're going to purge air for 2ms extra, thus its going to put a slight amount more force behind the ball than if you're set at 14ms. i mean at least in theory. but obviously that would affect efficiency like you said if extra air is leaving after the ball is expelled from the firing chamber.

for the record, i am by no means a tech or industry guy, or even the most mechanically inclined, but I've been playing since 98 and i went to college and god damn it, i need to make this degree count for something eventually lol.

ORBITAL PAINTBALL
Old 11-01-2012, 11:36 AM #61
michael.bruton

Annual Supporting Member
michael.bruton donated to help Peyton Trent
michael.bruton supports Team VICIOUS
michael.bruton plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerky bob View Post
That is correct. Problem with a double trigger frame and no eyes is if you start to pull much over 12-13 BPS, you will begin to chop paint. It is really aimed at the store/field owner rental market for ease of maintainence and the fact no batteries to die, no boards to fry, no dwell to set. If you really want a double trigger frame, get the ENVY or EXTACY. Same GOG quality and customer service which is the best in the industry.
Does this marker has the same low force bolt technology that was in the Smart Parts Vibe and GoG Envy (the bolt comes forward and is obstructed)?
Old 11-01-2012, 02:56 PM #62
Dedloc
That guy.

Annual Supporting Member
Dedloc is BST Legit
Dedloc is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Dedloc is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael.bruton View Post
Does this marker has the same low force bolt technology that was in the Smart Parts Vibe and GoG Envy (the bolt comes forward and is obstructed)?
Yes it does. Yet another reason it is great for beginners and field rentals.
Old 11-01-2012, 08:09 PM #63
y0da900
Nerdivore

Nothing set in stone, but yes. I have lots of plans for things to do with this. The vast majority of the designs that I have worked on over the years will work mechanically as I typically prefer to use electronics as an aid to the system, not as the primary reason the system will work at all.

I should hopefully have mine next week. Which I will promptly tear apart and put a prototype bolt in before doing anything else with it. I'm going to be doing a single stage prototype variation of that as well that utilizes the integrated antichop of the gun to simplify the bolt design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pntball_dude1990 View Post
Woah. Yoda, you're from the town I grew up in.

Then you feel my pain in the general lack of paintball around here . I think Tigerstripe is the only field left in the county. The field on the Military Turnpike hasn't been open for a few years, and the one in Moores was a flop as far as I know.
y0da900 is offline   Reply With Quote