eforce
Factory PB

eforce is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGrimReeper View Post
in 2009 psp chicago me and a teamate got pulled out for giving each other a high-five just before i hung the flag. this would have ruined our event if we did not had one player left alive who saw what happened to then hang it. we did not get penalties assessed, just got "eliminated".

after that happpened we have always dropped the flag on the ground to pass it to a teamate to hang rather then handing it to them because you risk both of you getting eliminated.

if this rule has not changed then i call bs on the hulk game, any player who "touched" anyone on there own team should have been eliminated flat out.
rules are rules and should be enforced in every instance.

really IMO they just have that rule to use against teams the reffs dont like or if a team is giving them ****, otherwise they dont use it
Did you really just suggest that the PSP instated rules with the sole purpose of letting refs make ****ty calls to screw over teams they had personal problems with?

Here's some food for thought: the refs recognized that eliminating you and the guy that touched you would not alter the game at that point and did it to enforce the rule while skipping the argument with the other team. It's like pulling a penalty for overshooting at the end of a 4 on 1 - the same team wins the point but the other team stops *****ing.
eforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2012, 02:28 PM #65
BaLLiN aT EJAM
LUXE Life

BaLLiN aT EJAM plays in the PSP
BaLLiN aT EJAM posts videos on PbNation
BaLLiN aT EJAM plays in the APPA D4 division
BaLLiN aT EJAM supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
Assuming it's an eliminated player who gets the major, then you pull two bodies for the major. If someone else gets a minor, you would pull one more body.

Note that the specific situation you are describing can't really happen.... if a penalty is assessed and bodies are pulled, either a player is pulled or he isn't. So for example if player A gets a penalty, and then player B gets shot, then the ref is going to pull player C. If player A gets a penalty and the ref then pulls player B and then player B gets shot, that's it - player B was already eliminated so getting shot after that is immaterial.

- Chris
This is what happened -
Player A gets a major, player B is pulled(1 of 2). Player C (2 of 2), sees the red flag and progresses up field shooting his gun. A ref follows him rather slowly and assesses a minor to player C, resulting in both player C and player D being pulled. Player E was left in. Thinking that all players were eliminated due to two flags being thrown, the other team runs down the field with one player remaining who ultimately shoots the remaining players. It was a crucial point and the team who had the two penalties hung the flag but still started a man down the following point.
My YouTube Channel
Killer for PG Army
BaLLiN aT EJAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:40 PM #66
kyle53pntball
I'm more legit than you?

kyle53pntball plays in the PSP
kyle53pntball helped look for balloons
kyle53pntball plays in the APPA D4 division
They should have pulled player E not allowing him to hang the flag and then not started down the next point... I guess lol

I don't think he would get a minor for running though. If the ref hadn't called him out yet its not his problem. I'd be pissed.

kyle53pntball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:01 PM #67
WHOWHAT?
Team Who

WHOWHAT? owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
WHOWHAT? owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
WHOWHAT? supports Team VICIOUS
WHOWHAT? is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN aT EJAM View Post
This is what happened -
Player A gets a major, player B is pulled(1 of 2). Player C (2 of 2), sees the red flag and progresses up field shooting his gun. A ref follows him rather slowly and assesses a minor to player C, resulting in both player C and player D being pulled. Player E was left in. Thinking that all players were eliminated due to two flags being thrown, the other team runs down the field with one player remaining who ultimately shoots the remaining players. It was a crucial point and the team who had the two penalties hung the flag but still started a man down the following point.
I watched that match, and if i remember correctly the player left did not even attempt to hang the flag. he was called out when another team mate ran out of the pit onto the field thus causing the only live player to be eleminated. and the next point both teams played one man down. not to mention that was the crazziest side lines i have heard in a long time..it was nutz. I think it was hulk and any team they played after. L.I.F.T
1ST PLACE D-3 XBALL 08 WORLD CUP
2ND PLACE CHICAGO OPEN 08 D3 XBALL
2008 SPYDER CUP CHAMPS
WHOWHAT? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:07 PM #68
kyle53pntball
I'm more legit than you?

kyle53pntball plays in the PSP
kyle53pntball helped look for balloons
kyle53pntball plays in the APPA D4 division
Was that when that guy about beat the **** out of some dude on the sideline?

**** was ignorant.

kyle53pntball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:14 PM #69
Copeboy

Copeboy plays in the PSP
Copeboy donated to help Peyton Trent
To everyone that believes a rule exists look it up in the rulebook. PSP has no rule about touching another player. If PSP had a rule about players touching it would be impossible to double up home bunker for example. The rulebook has nothing in it about touching or high fiving each other. Its simple download the rulebook at www.pspevents.com and do a search on touching.
Copeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 11:48 AM #70
BaLLiN aT EJAM
LUXE Life

BaLLiN aT EJAM plays in the PSP
BaLLiN aT EJAM posts videos on PbNation
BaLLiN aT EJAM plays in the APPA D4 division
BaLLiN aT EJAM supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHOWHAT? View Post
I watched that match, and if i remember correctly the player left did not even attempt to hang the flag. he was called out when another team mate ran out of the pit onto the field thus causing the only live player to be eleminated. and the next point both teams played one man down. not to mention that was the crazziest side lines i have heard in a long time..it was nutz. I think it was hulk and any team they played after. L.I.F.T
Your right, it was the pod runner leaving the pit early. I forgot about that part, which explains why they started a man down but still not the first two penalties.
My YouTube Channel
Killer for PG Army
BaLLiN aT EJAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 02:54 PM #71
paintsprayerrr

paintsprayerrr plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
paintsprayerrr plays in the APPA D1 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN aT EJAM View Post
This is what happened -
Based on this explanation, I think the refs did everything correctly. Player C was pulled as the 2nd of 2 for the major and Player D was pulled as 1 of 1 for the minor. Player E is still alive. Now if the person in the pit came out early, that can complicate things but coming out before the flag is hung should be means for a minor and pulling Player E. That is how I believe it works.
paintsprayerrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 04:47 PM #72
TherealInsomniac
Bangarang

TherealInsomniac plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
^^^ I dont think so. If Player C commits a minor, he must have a hit on him. a player who is already out cannot satisfy a penalty.

Im pretty sure if a minor and a major is called, there must be three additional bodies pulled to satisfy the penalties.
Player A ( commits major) is eliminated.
B and C are pulled to satisfy the penalty.
IF C commits a minor before he is reached by a ref, he is eliminated and player D must be pulled to satisfy the second body from the major.
Player E should be pulled to satisfy C's minor.

IF player C commits a penalty AFTER being reached by a ref, it should be a major since an eliminated player was heavily effecting the game... so player E is still pulled.

Last edited by TherealInsomniac : 10-31-2012 at 04:50 PM.
TherealInsomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 05:30 PM #73
TruthSayer

Sometimes when no ones looking, I touch myself.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:43 PM #74
NorCalMagic

NorCalMagic plays in the PSP
NorCalMagic supports Cereal Killerz 2
NorCalMagic plays in the APPA D3 division
I'm just going to say that some refs literally had no clue some basic paintball rules... bottom line is don't leave it up to any refs to decide your fate.
NorCalMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 06:28 PM #75
Scottyboy101

Quote:
Originally Posted by TherealInsomniac View Post
^^^ I dont think so. If Player C commits a minor, he must have a hit on him. a player who is already out cannot satisfy a penalty.

Im pretty sure if a minor and a major is called, there must be three additional bodies pulled to satisfy the penalties.
Player A ( commits major) is eliminated.
B and C are pulled to satisfy the penalty.
IF C commits a minor before he is reached by a ref, he is eliminated and player D must be pulled to satisfy the second body from the major.
Player E should be pulled to satisfy C's minor.

IF player C commits a penalty AFTER being reached by a ref, it should be a major since an eliminated player was heavily effecting the game... so player E is still pulled.
Agreed
Scottyboy101 is offline   Reply With Quote