Community Focus

Old 10-25-2012, 05:49 PM #1
ijinxd

ijinxd owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ijinxd has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ijinxd has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
ijinxd supports DLX Technology
Back into things, NT question

I've been out of the sport for well over a year now. I decided to pick back up where I left off, and will be playing again starting late November.
I am trying to decide on whether or not I should upgrade from my DM8, or just stick with it -have always loved this thing.

Recently I noticed that the price of the NT is WAY lower than what it was some time ago. A buddy of mine mentioned that they stopped making them because they are unstable, difficult to tune, and simply not worth it.
What's your guys' opinion on this?
Is the NT10 (maybe even the 11) worth the money? Or will a DM8 serve me better?
Now that I can easily find one for $300-$500, I am very tempted to pick one up!
ijinxd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:30 PM #2
cmdrsuds

Well they have kind of bottomed out so if you buy one you won't exactly lose cash if you try to sell it later. They've had problems but this forum should be able to help you fix any problems. The #1 thing to do to your NT is to send it into Dye and get it "Bwing'd". Billy Wing is a head tech and does some modifications tuning to it and makes it shoot awesome.

See if you can go to the field and shoot one first they have a different feel than a matrix.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:22 PM #3
ijinxd

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrsuds View Post
Well they have kind of bottomed out so if you buy one you won't exactly lose cash if you try to sell it later. They've had problems but this forum should be able to help you fix any problems. The #1 thing to do to your NT is to send it into Dye and get it "Bwing'd". Billy Wing is a head tech and does some modifications tuning to it and makes it shoot awesome.

See if you can go to the field and shoot one first they have a different feel than a matrix.
Thanks for the info. I was actually planning on taking it in to get tuned at a local shop. I just want to make sure the NT10 is actually worth it.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:12 PM #4
cmdrsuds

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijinxd View Post
Thanks for the info. I was actually planning on taking it in to get tuned at a local shop. I just want to make sure the NT10 is actually worth it.
yeah man get a hold of Billy Wing and send it to him if its not already moded
Old 10-25-2012, 11:57 PM #5
dobbs024

dobbs024 plays in the APPA D4 division
From what I have read on the forum, the NT10 had its fair share of hiccups. As you can see from previous threads, there are numerous modifications that can be made to try to remedy these issues. I have seen NT10s that shoot great.

As for the NT11. It is supposed to come out of the box with those issues resolved. As a stock NT11, shooting all stock settings the gun shot ropes. It handled practice paint methodically and truly amazed me. Then after playing with it some, I found that it didn't shoot brittle paint very well. I was also new to NTs and made some mistakes with my adjustments and the gun never shot the same.

Then I went back to the stock settings and the gun was the only gun to shoot brittle paint among my team. My teammates shoot an Axe, a couple G6Rs, and a MacDev. I was truly impressed with it's capability.

I soon found out about Billy and his ability to basically custom fit your bolt with the addition of some other changes to the gun. I didn't hesitate to send it to him. His price was fair and I have yet to receive the gun back, but I attribute this to the fact that it is World Cup and it's probably on its way to me now.

With all that said, if you purchase an NT and you don't mess around with it until you actually know how it works, you will be just fine with its capability. After you have basically studied the manual and you understand how the gun works, try some things on it, but don't stray too far away from your DM8, because you may be sitting out a few games if you decide to play around with your NT's settings. If all else fails, you can send it to Billy and he will take care of you.
Old 10-26-2012, 01:25 AM #6
ijinxd

Thanks guys.
I was definitely planning on getting in contact with Billy or my local shop (these guys have served everyone in the area well). I suppose if I can pick up a NT10 for under $400, I'll jump on it.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:00 AM #7
ventturei26
100 mph U-Turn

has been a member for 10 years
ventturei26 supports Pev's Paintball
ventturei26 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
i was told by many pro teams that the 10 was better than the 11 and that if i wanted a reliable non dm series to find myself a nt10 to shoot.

ive always been a dm fan and right now with the release of the dm13 even 11s and 12s are going to be cheap for the next month or so before they jump back
"can i borrow some paint...ill give it right back!!"-Russ aka Gunslinger #26 aka ventturei26

OLD Feedback

Massive Gearbag Sale

ventturei26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:13 PM #8
Vlocityfan104
pewpewpew

Vlocityfan104 plays in the APPA beginner division
Vlocityfan104 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Vlocityfan104 supports Empire
whats does billy wing do to the nt's to make them shoot so great?
Old 10-27-2012, 04:44 PM #9
tacodorifto

The nt 10 is better on brittle paint than an nt11.
Dame still use nt10's from time to time.

I have a dm9 its great but I also have a bwing nt10.
I prefer my nt

If i remember correctly Billy mods the spool, hand fits the bolt, mods the bolt tip, mods the bolt insert, tunes the manifold.
tacodorifto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 09:57 PM #10
GaryR1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacodorifto View Post
The nt 10 is better on brittle paint than an nt11.
Dame still use nt10's from time to time.

I have a dm9 its great but I also have a bwing nt10.
I prefer my nt

If i remember correctly Billy mods the spool, hand fits the bolt, mods the bolt tip, mods the bolt insert, tunes the manifold.
Yup.

Got mine back today. Dye does not do these, you send it to Billy directly, also don't take it to your local dealer, they won't do what Billy does.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:02 AM #11
Vlocityfan104
pewpewpew

Vlocityfan104 plays in the APPA beginner division
Vlocityfan104 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Vlocityfan104 supports Empire
how do we contact billy? is there someway we can email him or something?
Old 10-28-2012, 02:45 PM #12
ijinxd

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryR1984 View Post
Yup.

Got mine back today. Dye does not do these, you send it to Billy directly, also don't take it to your local dealer, they won't do what Billy does.
Ah, there goes that idea. How much on average does Billy charge? And how can I get in contact with him?
Old 10-28-2012, 04:26 PM #13
nique303
BALLIN SINCE '03

in my opinion the nt11 and nt10's are SUPER unstable, difficult to tune. Once i got my nt11 tuned to perfection then i started having problems with roll back in the breech causing breaks. I tried the whole oring mod to stop the roll back but it only seemed to help alittle bit still getting breaks here and there. NT's are awesome feeling and super lite so i guess if you can deal with how unstable they are then try one out. AGAIN THIS IS JUST MY EXPERINCE WITH NT'S / i have heard from other people that they have never had any problems with their nt's . If i were you i would just stick with your dm8 def more realiable gun.

just my 2cents~
D MORENO MHS OPEN #44
BLITZ PAINTBALL ~ HUSTLE PAINTBALL.COM
nique303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:39 PM #14
speedy2k4
BSH University

Annual Supporting Member
speedy2k4 is a Supporting Member
speedy2k4 is BST Legit
NT's aren't bad if you understand how they work and how to tune them. But at the same time, the DM8 is still a great gun, I'd just go play with that.
speedy2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:29 AM #15
ijinxd

Thanks everyone. I do appreciate everyone's opinions. I don't really intend to mess with the NT too much (sending it in to BWing, and that's about it).
Old 10-29-2012, 12:36 PM #16
ProtoSkillz

Anyone looking to get in touch with Billy PM him here on PBNAtion. His name is BWing21. He will explain what he does and how much he charges. He will make your NT the best shooting gun you've ever had.
ProtoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 04:21 PM #17
GRINDcorey
Lost Boy

GRINDcorey plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ventturei26
i was told by many pro teams that the 10 was better than the 11 and that if i wanted a reliable non dm series to find myself a nt10 to shoot.

ive always been a dm fan and right now with the release of the dm13 even 11s and 12s are going to be cheap for the next month or so before they jump back
My NT10 never broke any of the most brittle paint and was the best gun I've ever shot. I'd do anything to get it back.

Gearbag Sales: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3990562

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3867872
GRINDcorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 07:14 AM #18
Banditdm5
atomic front man

I sent my gun to Billy and had it modded so I wouldn't have any issues with brittle paint for World Cup. I just went to World Cup and couldn't shoot one hopper of Evil through the gun. I don't know what else to do with this gun other than get rid of it. I clean the bolt and the entire gun after every practice. I ended up shooting my back up gun which is a luxe 2.0 and never had one ball break. Although I prefer the feel of the nt11, the luxe got me through the tourney.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:01 PM #19
EAGLES83
Headshot Hotshot

Annual Supporting Member
EAGLES83 is BST Legit
EAGLES83 is Legendary
I guess nt's can be hit and miss. I disagree that the bw mod in necessary, I've owned 3 and all shoot wonderfully; quiet, efficient, and low kick. Not all nt's are like this though from what I've heard. Your dm8 will be smoother but be less efficient but also probably feel just as good in hand. As far as tuning there is not much to it, lube the bolt basically. And if you have any problems, like any dye gun, change the bolt orings as dye guns need pristine orings. That's about it.