Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Bill is a Supporting Member
Bill is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Bill owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by egoballs View Post
So i have had my 06 ego for a long time, I had no problems with it, and i went to the field gassed it up turned it on and everything and i tried to shoot, but it won't, its gassed up, on and everything but it won't work. Any ideas on what it is?
- New Energy, Duracell or Energizer battery. The gun needs a good amount of power to run the marker properly. A lessor brand of battery may read fully charged but doesn't have the upkeep to sustain the power needed to run the gun. This is the #1 cause of all issues in an EGO.
- Change #11 rammer oring. Even if it looks good. It will be the largest black oring towards the rear of the rammer.
- Change the #11 oring on the rammer cap.
- Set your dwell to factory (10.0). Be sure the gun is not set on training mode.
- ASA On/Off knob turned in to far? When you add your air system to the gun you want to turn the knob until you hear the initial gas transfer. Do not turn it more then one complete turn more or you will actually restrict the airflow coming out of your air system.
- Check the LPR. Make sure it is assembled and lubed properly. There are 5 pieces within the LPR cap. Adjuster screw, adjuster piston (small silver cup-like part), silver spring, followed by the piston and gold spring (See page 46/47 of the manual). Put the adjuster screw flush to one turn out, see if this affects the velocity at all.
- Check the HPR. Make sure it is assembled, lubed. Make sure there are 16 shim springs properly assembled.
- While you have the HPR apart, check the HPR Piston reg seat. Make sure it is there and not cracked (See page 44/45 of the manual). Perfect pressure would be 325 psi. It can be achieved by properly assembling it then spinning the adjuster screw all the way out and then 3.5 turns in. This will give you the approximate pressure.
- Check the rear QEV. Make sure it is not loose or cracked. Loctite if loose. Replace if cracked.
- Check the airline from the rear QEV to the manifold. Take the hose off the QEV and take the solenoid off the manifold. Blow thru the hose. It should flow freely.
- Check the Solenoid. Make sure there is no physical damage. When a solenoid is coming to the end of its life it will often loose velocity and become very inconsistent. If it isn't leaking, 99% of the time you can change just the rear section.
- Brass valve guide. If you look at the front of teh rammer housing there is a brass guide that is loctited in place. if it starts to unthread it will limit the airflow causing low velocity.
-Complete oring overhaul

Certified NorthEast Eclipse Technician/Warranty Center!

Used Gun thread: EGO8s, DMs, Shockers, and more...
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-22-2012, 01:45 PM #1115
7ezekiel7
Paintball is LIFE!

Annual Supporting Member
7ezekiel7 supports Team VICIOUS
Ego OLED Board ???? Please ID this board

I tried to put this in my 07 ego and it just doesnt fit. When it powers up it says Nexus 1.08. I have little clue what it goes to. Please ID it for me so I can sell it proper

Old 10-22-2012, 06:04 PM #1116
LockDown Zach
naughtydawgsfan11.

LockDown Zach plays in the PSP
LockDown Zach is an NCPA player
LockDown Zach plays in the APPA D4 division
SL74 worked great one weekend, then after a week of sitting in my gearbag (not gassed up), it is no longer functioning. The noid doesn't cycle the marker, or even click, not sure if it would be a board issue or the noid.

Just thought I'd see what an actual eclipse tech thought would be the most realistic problem.
Xcape paintball.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:01 AM #1117
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7ezekiel7 View Post
I tried to put this in my 07 ego and it just doesnt fit. When it powers up it says Nexus 1.08. I have little clue what it goes to. Please ID it for me so I can sell it proper

This is an EGO5 board. You would need to use an EGO7 or EGO8 board.

Old 10-23-2012, 04:02 AM #1118
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockDown Zach View Post
SL74 worked great one weekend, then after a week of sitting in my gearbag (not gassed up), it is no longer functioning. The noid doesn't cycle the marker, or even click, not sure if it would be a board issue or the noid.

Just thought I'd see what an actual eclipse tech thought would be the most realistic problem.
I would start with a new battery regardless what the battery meter states. Also, I would check out the two QEV diaphragms. These are the two most obvious issues. If not, let me know and I will go into more details.

Old 10-23-2012, 09:43 AM #1119
7ezekiel7
Paintball is LIFE!

Annual Supporting Member
7ezekiel7 supports Team VICIOUS
Thanks Bill!
Old 10-23-2012, 05:24 PM #1120
LockDown Zach
naughtydawgsfan11.

LockDown Zach plays in the PSP
LockDown Zach is an NCPA player
LockDown Zach plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill View Post
I would start with a new battery regardless what the battery meter states. Also, I would check out the two QEV diaphragms. These are the two most obvious issues. If not, let me know and I will go into more details.
Turns out it was just the microswitch not being activated. Not sure if the trigger screw backed out, or if it was weakened.

Got it up and running though, thanks.
Xcape paintball.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:42 AM #1121
PE_Ego9bunkerz

PE_Ego9bunkerz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PE_Ego9bunkerz has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
So I picked up an ego9 yesterday. It's my first ego so I'm not very familiar with it yet and was wondering if you could help me out. So here's the problem. I got home and went to shoot it and when I did it shot straight for the first couple balls but when I shoot a rope it seems like it loses pressure and starts to lob the balls.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:09 AM #1122
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
I would start with a new battery regarless what the board meter says, and a complete break down. Clean and properly lubricate the marker. I would also recommend a complete oring over hail at the same time.
While you have the HPR apart, look at the seal at the end of the piston shaft. Shouldnt be missing or cracked.

Old 10-26-2012, 02:08 PM #1123
JLO

New Ego Owner

Hey guys I have a couple of quick questions. I have been out of the sport for 12 years and am now getting back into it. I am buying an Ego 09, great cond. It has a cure 3 bolt, zick2, but it is in a Ego 10 frame. My question is do I still need a plank kit, and are there any ups with the new frame or is it strictly cosmetic? I have shot the gun and it is amazing, but I am being essentially new to the sport with the advancements that have been made to markers. I just want to make sure I am making the right purchase. I originally was looking at the etek4 but found this 09 is this a good purchase? Thanks for the help!
Old 10-26-2012, 02:13 PM #1124
PE_Ego9bunkerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLO
Hey guys I have a couple of quick questions. I have been out of the sport for 12 years and am now getting back into it. I am buying an Ego 09, great cond. It has a cure 3 bolt, zick2, but it is in a Ego 10 frame. My question is do I still need a plank kit, and are there any ups with the new frame or is it strictly cosmetic? I have shot the gun and it is amazing, but I am being essentially new to the sport with the advancements that have been made to markers. I just want to make sure I am making the right purchase. I originally was looking at the etek4 but found this 09 is this a good purchase? Thanks for the help!
You don't NEED the plank kit it's just a nice precautionary feature to have. I myself just bought an ego9 and from reading up on it 9/10 people will recommend you buy the planks kit.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:26 PM #1125
JLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PE_Ego9bunkerz View Post
You don't NEED the plank kit it's just a nice precautionary feature to have. I myself just bought an ego9 and from reading up on it 9/10 people will recommend you buy the planks kit.
So the ego 10 body is just for cosmetics and has nothing to do with the insides such as a plank kit?
Old 10-26-2012, 07:39 PM #1126
PE_Ego9bunkerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLO

So the ego 10 body is just for cosmetics and has nothing to do with the insides such as a plank kit?
I don't know exactly. I'm fairly new to egos as well but I wouldn't imagine it makes a difference
Old 10-26-2012, 10:03 PM #1127
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLO View Post
There is no upside to teh frame. It is purely cosmetic.

Yes, you do need a plank kit. Ask the owner if it has one. I would check regardless of his answer.
The plank kit is a necessity. You can actually harm the marker over time if you do not pay attention to the middle rammer oring.

Old 10-27-2012, 02:38 AM #1128
JLO

Hey thanks bill, I really appreciate the insight. You probably wont get to this in time as I am buying the gun early tomorrow morning and posting late, but is there anyway to tell the damage that has been if the plank kit, or I should say the oring if it has been neglected? Would that be something I could tell from shooting or would that be something that required opening the gun up and checking the breach?
Old 10-27-2012, 02:39 AM #1129
JLO

been caused*
Old 10-27-2012, 11:19 AM #1130
PE_Ego9bunkerz

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLO
Hey thanks bill, I really appreciate the insight. You probably wont get to this in time as I am buying the gun early tomorrow morning and posting late, but is there anyway to tell the damage that has been if the plank kit, or I should say the oring if it has been neglected? Would that be something I could tell from shooting or would that be something that required opening the gun up and checking the breach?
It may be a little loud if it had a bad oring but i would say You would have to open up the breach. In order to get to the rammer you need to take the bolt out and then take off the end cap on the back of the gun off and it should slide out although it is a weird size Allen key; it took me a while to find a size but that's just because my guy lost the tool tube-_-
Old 10-27-2012, 11:33 AM #1131
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
The middle oring will be torn up bad. This missing/damaged oring would let the stainless steel rammer smash up against the inside of the body. Basically if the gun shoots smooth and the velocity is stable, you should be good.

Old 10-27-2012, 05:33 PM #1132
JLO

Thanks guys for the help! Saved me a bunch of money, Bill the velocity was jumpy and so I asked him if I could take the frame apart. There was no plank kit and definitely wear in the breach. The guy tried to tell me the plank kit was unnecessary with the zick2... Needless to say I didnt buy the gun and so my search continues. Thanks for answering my questions and telling me what to look for!
Old 10-28-2012, 10:44 AM #1133
Bill
Paintball Showcase

Annual Supporting Member
I wouldnt worry about breech wear. It doesnt affect performance. The plank kits are cheap. They are under $10 and easy to install.
If the gun is cheap enough, you can always get it and do the work necessary to get it to 100%.

Old 10-28-2012, 05:55 PM #1134
lmitchphoto
All In or get out!

lmitchphoto owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ego 07 solenoid

Hello, I have a 2007 ego and the solenoid does not work anymore, I was wondering if you can actually rebuild them? I have heard from people that you cannot and I have also heard of people doing it so I was just wondering if this is actually possible, I cannot really spend $150 on a new one right now. Thank you guys!
Closed Thread