Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-15-2012, 11:28 AM #1
calebepler

BT-Delta Upgrade Suggestions

First post on the PBN forums, not my first time on discussion boards so I know the drill about searching the forum before posting, and I'm sure this thread will be redundant but my searching has left me with nothing.

Therefore..

I was pretty big into paintball in high school, didn't have time for it in college, and now that I'm out my old buddies and I were looking to lightly get back into it. I bought a BT-Delta a few months ago and loved finally having a mil-sim. I'll admit it's a solid gun, but I'm a bit disappointed with its range and accuracy.

I sold all my old gear, so now all I have is an old busted up hopper (I understand everyone seems to suggest the rip clips), and my air supply coil so I can wear my tank on my back. I also understand there is an e-grip available for the BT-Delta. I usually just rent my HPA at the field.

My question is what do you guys suggest for improving the gun? I'm up to spend a little money but not a whole lot. I just hate having to get within 50 feet on a good day just to have a relatively straight-shot ball.

EDIT: We're all going up this Saturday to play, so I'm trying to get it where I want it by then, if possible.
calebepler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2012, 11:38 AM #2
tonycon
Knuckleheads Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tonycon supports our troops
tonycon is Legendary
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
The first thing you need to do is get rid of the stock barrel...inexpensive barrels like cp and jk ceramics are good. You could jump up to LAPCO or hammerhead barrels if you want to spend more money...the egrip is really up to you...do you need it or want it? Unless you plan on te egrip...don't waste the money on a rip clip.

Proudly Sponsored By:
PBExplosion VirtueSpire Valken Paintball

KnuckleHeads Paintball Team
Game footage
tonycon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:44 AM #3
calebepler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonycon View Post
The first thing you need to do is get rid of the stock barrel...inexpensive barrels like cp and jk ceramics are good. You could jump up to LAPCO or hammerhead barrels if you want to spend more money...the egrip is really up to you...do you need it or want it? Unless you plan on te egrip...don't waste the money on a rip clip.

Good call with the e-grip/rip-clip point. I'm a fairly conservative shooter. Aggressive player, but conservative shooter.. if that makes any sense. I had an old SPYDER Imagine with a full-auto e-grip... never used it. If I shoot, I wanna make it count. So the e-grip and rip-clip are a no-go for me right now.

And I'll definitely take a look into the barrels for sure, I was thinking that'd be the first place to start. How drastic of an improvement should I expect?
calebepler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:58 PM #4
tonycon
Knuckleheads Paintball

Annual Supporting Member
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
tonycon supports our troops
tonycon is Legendary
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
It really depends on the paint to bore match...meaning how tightly the paint fits in the barrel. Depending on the type of paint you use-field uses most paint seems to be getting smaller. With that said a bore size between .681- .686 should take care of most paint. The freak barrels aren't bad cost wise either...and they have different inserts that you can use for different paint sizes.

Proudly Sponsored By:
PBExplosion VirtueSpire Valken Paintball

KnuckleHeads Paintball Team
Game footage
tonycon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 12:45 PM #5
darksynergy256

Be careful of aftermarket barrels, although a great upgrade... Not all if them will fit in the Delta's front shroud. If you want to maintain the stock look of the gun, keep that in mind.
darksynergy256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:58 PM #6
Badburke72

i just bought my delta from a guy i know a few weeks ago and it does not shoot straight. it goes everywhere but straight. i would be luck if i shot 30 rounds if 1 was actually accurate. any suggestion on how to fix this or what to do about it?
Badburke72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:57 PM #7
pieguy465

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badburke72 View Post
i just bought my delta from a guy i know a few weeks ago and it does not shoot straight. it goes everywhere but straight. i would be luck if i shot 30 rounds if 1 was actually accurate. any suggestion on how to fix this or what to do about it?
Did you check your velocity? Also quality of the paint and the bore size of the barrel?
pieguy465 is offline   Reply With Quote