PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-23-2012, 06:17 PM #1
Ravenstylea2

Ravenstylea2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ravenstylea2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Camouflage Extcy and Krylon Fusion Paint

Wanted to paint the Extcy using specific paint for metal, plastic and rubber. Would the Krylon Fusion be a good idea? I am not much of a painter but I am pretty good in art though was wondering if anyone had some ideas, tips, advice etc before I paint the gun. Was going for the woodland pattern.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-23-2012, 08:45 PM #2
RogueShooter

I don't think any paint is really going to stick to the rubber, so my advice is to mask off the rubber portions. Even if it does stick at first, the moment it touches anything and flexes it will flake.

As for the plastic and metal parts, Krylon Camo works great, and I've done several guns with it in the past. You just want to make sure you completely disassemble the gun, clean all the parts with a degreaser soap like fast orange or liquid pumice, rinse thoroughly, dry completely, then spray evenly and thinly and do at least two coats.

The real key is to let it completely cure, not just wait until it's dry enough to handle. I'm talking let the parts sit untouched for a good week in a room temperature, dry environment. If you give it a whole week all of the thinner in the paint has time to evaporate out and it becomes VERY resilient. If you only wait a couple of hours before screwing around with it you wind up with problems and flaking down the road.
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:51 PM #3
RogueShooter

Examples:

My old single trigger Ion:

Revvy:

SP1:

AKA5 (back in my milsimmer days lol):

TM7:

GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:48 PM #4
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
Those are some nice guns you got there ^
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 08:45 AM #5
Ravenstylea2

Ravenstylea2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ravenstylea2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueShooter
I don't think any paint is really going to stick to the rubber, so my advice is to mask off the rubber portions. Even if it does stick at first, the moment it touches anything and flexes it will flake.

As for the plastic and metal parts, Krylon Camo works great, and I've done several guns with it in the past. You just want to make sure you completely disassemble the gun, clean all the parts with a degreaser soap like fast orange or liquid pumice, rinse thoroughly, dry completely, then spray evenly and thinly and do at least two coats.

The real key is to let it completely cure, not just wait until it's dry enough to handle. I'm talking let the parts sit untouched for a good week in a room temperature, dry environment. If you give it a whole week all of the thinner in the paint has time to evaporate out and it becomes VERY resilient. If you only wait a couple of hours before screwing around with it you wind up with problems and flaking down the road.
Thanks!