Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-23-2012, 09:21 PM #1
EAGLES83
Headshot Hotshot

Annual Supporting Member
EAGLES83 is Legendary
Solenoid question

What kind of symptoms did your nt have when the solenoid went out?

Reason I ask was cause last Sunday I noticed my nt wasn't shooting 12.5 all day. It shot perfect in the beginning but towards the end of the day it was kinda skipping shots and eventually not fully cycling with good air, When I got home I read the manual and changed the plunger orings and aired it up and it cycled. But unfortunately I was running out of air and then wouldn't cycle well due to low air pressure.

Anyhow I'm just wondering what some of you have experienced when a solenoid has ceased to operate as intended. Was it leaking or not cycling perfectly, or having trouble with fps or having symptoms like i am having? Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Old 10-27-2012, 11:34 PM #2
G00DFELLA
M0S-H8D

has been a member for 10 years
G00DFELLA plays in the PSP
G00DFELLA plays in the APPA D3 division
try new batteries too
CT Comeback/Rod Squad 2013
Bad Intentions/Rod Squad 2014
G00DFELLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:56 PM #3
sl1980able

I had these same problem you are describing that I had with my NT the solenoid pilot is bad/ not the solenoid manifold. I did see that when I got my new free one from dye it was a different solenoid pilot I believe and not sure on the electronics. But updated the solenoid pilots in a production. What I got in the mail was a 6v soleniod pilot. What I had on the gun it was a 5v(the one that died) Yes 100% trouble shooted with that one for about 3hrs. I thought it was the usual (battiers, operating pressure, dwell, or lube or whatever). When I got my nt 11 I looked inside to see what it had. It has the 6v soleniod pilot. I would assume this maybe a more powerful kicking solenoid to help with that issue maybe? I also started using really good batteries after I started playing with the NT I am using Advanced Lithium Energizer batteries yes I know they are about $7 bucks a battery I they hold a charge forever that is consistent and long lasting yes seriously. Over a normal battery. I have a IM6 that has a tadao board, got it at the begining of summer. Put in a new advanced energize and I still haven't changed the battery still shoots fresh as can be no hick ups either.. Just my experiences I love these dye guns when you work all the bugs out.
sl1980able is offline   Reply With Quote