Cory Persson Fan #1
TheRedButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:38 PM #87
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by chodeyg View Post
Then you're being overly partisan, sorry.

Either he's too high up to affect the military or he isn't. Can't have it both ways.

Edit: think of it this way, all he did in Pakistan was say ok to some soldiers going there. Why would you not give him credit for that, but you blame him for NOT saying ok to some soldiers going to benghazi?

Judging by your reaction you would have ALSO not given him credit for protecting benghazi properly if he had done so, yet you currently blame him.

So the way I see it you only blame. No giving credit.

So...you're being overly partisan.
I simply don't hand out gold stars for doing what anyone else would have done. I do however hold it against the CiC when he had several assets in the area that could have helped, and none were allowed to go.

You called me "overly partisan" in your post twice. What party exactly am I a staunch supporter of? If you say the republicans I'm going to have a good laugh......
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."

Last edited by Drex17 : 10-26-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:17 PM #88
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post
I simply don't hand out gold stars for doing what anyone else would have done. I do however hold it against the CiC when he had several assets in the area that could have helped, and none were allowed to go.

You called me "overly partisan" in your post twice. What party exactly am I a staunch supporter of? If you say the republicans I'm going to have a good laugh......
You side stepped my point by claiming anyone else would have done it, even though there were multiple opportunities where he could have given the ok and chose not to. And he was advised against it by Biden and others, but Obama said they should go through with it, and he was killed. So no, not anyone else would have done it. There was some degree of finesse with the timing whether you want to admit it or not. If the operation would have gone wrong, would you still be saying anyone else would have done it? I doubt it.

If you can offer a better argument as to why he does not deserve credit for killing Osama, but deserves blame for not properly protecting benghazi, I would love to hear it. Until then your hypocrisy is out in the open.

Judging by your tone I'm assuming you're one of those internet libertarians. Regardless its irrelevant. You are selectively giving Obama blame and ignoring any positive foreign policy. Making you partisan beyond logic.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:27 PM #89
Blake360

Quote:
If you can offer a better argument as to why he does not deserve credit for killing Osama, but deserves blame for not properly protecting benghazi, I would love to hear it.
He doesn't deserve blame for not properly protecting benghazi, he deserves blame for taking part in covering up what really happened and blaming the attack on a youtube video in order to make himself look better for the election.
You like to compare apples and oranges don't you
Blake360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 10:29 PM #90
chodeyg
sprezzatura

They're both fruit...

I think benghazi was the worst **** up of the administration, but I think he deserves credit for killing bin Laden. Just for some background info

Last edited by chodeyg : 10-28-2012 at 09:44 AM. Reason: whoopsies
chodeyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:13 PM #91
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Drex17 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
They're both fruit...

I think benghazi was the worst **** up of the administration, but I think he deserves credit for 9/11. Just for some background info
The fact that we disagree on this doesn't make me "partisan beyond logic", it simply means we have differing views. I also don't ignore any positive foreign policy, we are talking about 2 specific events here, not the entire spectrum of events that have transpired over his presidency.

Keep trying to assign me to a political party to support your aggressive partisan claims, but good luck with that buddy.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."

Last edited by Drex17 : 10-26-2012 at 11:17 PM.
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:53 PM #92
licence2kill
POOP

if you don't want to appear partisan then perhaps you should hold more logically consistent views?

food for thought
licence2kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:11 AM #93
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
if you don't want to appear partisan then perhaps you should hold more logically consistent views?

food for thought
Again... there is nothing wrong with being partisan. It's only wrong if such partisanship leads to denial of recorded facts.

Just want to clear things up.

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:22 AM #94
chodeyg
sprezzatura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drex17 View Post
The fact that we disagree on this doesn't make me "partisan beyond logic", it simply means we have differing views. I also don't ignore any positive foreign policy, we are talking about 2 specific events here, not the entire spectrum of events that have transpired over his presidency.

Keep trying to assign me to a political party to support your aggressive partisan claims, but good luck with that buddy.
I don't care what party you assign yourself to. It's irrelevant as I stated before. You are being excessively critical to the president.

These are only two separate events, but more or less similar in nature. You claim anyone would have killed Osama when I showed this was untrue. And again I ask, would you still say anyone would have done it if it had gone wrong? Hindsight is 20/20. Of course you can claim after a successful operation "anyone would have done it".

Protecting an embassy is different than assassinating an enemy, but the president's view is pretty much the same. All he can do is say the troops go here. He and others chose not to allow man power, and now we have a dead ambassador to show for it. A costly mistake. If he had granted extra security, would you still be sitting here telling us anyone would do it?
Old 10-27-2012, 03:32 PM #95
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Protecting an embassy is different than assassinating an enemy, but the president's view is pretty much the same. All he can do is say the troops go here. He and others chose not to allow man power, and now we have a dead ambassador to show for it. A costly mistake. If he had granted extra security, would you still be sitting here telling us anyone would do it?
Then again actively committing troops to an assault of your choosing is far more of an "in the president's control" issue than allocating troops to embassy defense based on questionable intelligence. So it's really even more dishonest to actually consider the latter more the president's fault than the former.
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos | Droidtiles.com - NFC Tags for Android and mobile devices
drgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote