Old 10-25-2012, 11:09 AM #1
89raider
all gas no brakes

89raider owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
89raider supports Team VICIOUS
89raider plays in the APPA beginner division
89raider has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Mag options

Ok guys, kind of a mag noob here but i've been around a while. i've decided that after much debate with myself that my next ones gonna be a mag. i just can't decide if it's going to be an RT or a E/X. heres the deal, i want rock solid reliability with a decent ROF. but I ABSOLUTELY, POSITIVELY do not want to have to change out my tank regs for a SHP or armageddon (i may still have a maxflo laying around somewhere lol...) and i know also that i'm not really wanting to build a pnuemag, So i guess what have people found when using either one? are they suceptible to weather changes? is one going to be way more reliable than the other?
Advertisement
Old 10-25-2012, 01:36 PM #2
Jedihippie
My backpack's got jets

Annual Supporting Member
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends VI
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends VII
Jedihippie has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jedihippie has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Jedihippie has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
how fast are you planning on shooting?

classics are the bread and butter of the mag world, meeting the needs of the weekend baller. if you want to lay down some paint the you have you go xvalve. you dont need a SHP to shoot a mag, but it will be better if you do. I'm running an old crossfire on my xvalved mag and it shoots great. the higher the pressure the greater the rt effect the faster you can shoot.

and you will be addicted. i reccomend looking through the mag picture threads and the mag of the month threads on Automags.org

welcome to the club
"Reminds me of the kids that bolt on exhausts, wings and vinyl cutouts onto their rice mobiles and then hate on a ground up resto rodded 69 Camaro" -OPBN
"Due to the Berzerkers rep and knowledge of Mag awesomeness, the opposing team dropped their markers and are actually out of the frame curled up in fetal positions" -OPBN... Again
Jedihippie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:16 PM #3
inmylife2415
SBPB

inmylife2415 supports DLX Technology
buy a classic mag and find a cheap E spyder frame. would be cheap, fairly easy to do, shoot like a mag, and wont kill the paper stack
inmylife2415 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:32 PM #4
demented pumper
AKA Superman

^ i wouldnt reccomend his first mag beeing a spyder mag project. if you are only shooting like 8 or 9 bps pick up a classic valve with lvl 10 kit and a rt on/off. then choose what ever else you want. guys here on mcb and AO can help you get it shooting if it is a beater. if you are shooting faster pick up a rt style valve( rt,e,x). make sure it has a lvl 10 if you are using a rt or e and use a tank that outputs at least 800 psi.

feebackhttp://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...4#post18738514
AO-Captian pinky
pbc- superman
mcb- superman
demented pumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:45 AM #5
89raider
all gas no brakes

i'm not looking at vetter fast but i'd feel ok with around 15... and my pure energy reg puts out 850 psi for sure.

Basically i'm looking for a mix of old school reliability with new school features... im pretty much thinking level 10, ule body, intelliframe and a ULT...

Last edited by 89raider : 10-26-2012 at 03:47 AM.
89raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:02 AM #6
Jedihippie
My backpack's got jets

Annual Supporting Member
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends VI
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends VII
Jedihippie has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Jedihippie has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Jedihippie has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
a ULT is gonna restrict you to the more expensive xvalve... although thats the only drawback
"Reminds me of the kids that bolt on exhausts, wings and vinyl cutouts onto their rice mobiles and then hate on a ground up resto rodded 69 Camaro" -OPBN
"Due to the Berzerkers rep and knowledge of Mag awesomeness, the opposing team dropped their markers and are actually out of the frame curled up in fetal positions" -OPBN... Again
Jedihippie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:06 PM #7
89raider
all gas no brakes

Oh ok I had no clue about that..
Old 10-26-2012, 05:21 PM #8
inmylife2415
SBPB

inmylife2415 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by demented pumper View Post
^ i wouldnt reccomend his first mag beeing a spyder mag project.
your right, thats my bad. I've been building a spydermag for my bro all week at school, couldn't get it out of my mind. I meant egomag.....Cheap, easy to do, and shoots like a mag
inmylife2415 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:22 PM #9
Freedy500

Freedy500 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
15 is borderline with the classic valves highest capabilities. I dont think you will even be able to reach that without an electro frame with that trigger pull. Although I have never tried it with an RT on/off I price isnt that much of a hold back then I suggest you go with an X-valve or some later versions of it with a ULT, Intelli (or Y if you can afford/get ahold of one) frame, and I would say a basic 850 psi since the ULT prevents you from going "vetter fast" unless you add to many shims although that is bad. This gives you a nice almost electro feel and is simply limited to how fast you can pull the trigger.

Buy one used or build one new for $500 some dollars. I suggest going over on AO and buy a nice mag new. There are plenty like the one you are looking for that are always popping up for sale. and its usually cheaper and better than new.