PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-26-2012, 09:25 AM #1
KYhillbilly

KYhillbilly owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
KYhillbilly has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Switch on the fly with first strike rounds

I know this is the Tiberius forum but this mainly is about the first strike rounds.

The markers that allow you to switch from regular paint to first strike on the fly are going to be the way to go IMO. Takes several of the negatives on the first strike rounds because you can use you hopper if needed. And now spyder is coming out with markers you can use first strike in and switch on the fly.

Just curious what the accuracy will be on these but I am guessing it will be well worth it.
KYhillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2012, 02:51 PM #2
Havoc-paintballer
Long Barrelled Pistolier

Havoc-paintballer is for the Gunfight
Havoc-paintballer posts videos on PbNation
Havoc-paintballer has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Havoc-paintballer has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Havoc-paintballer is attending Decay of Nations VI
Accuracy of?? FS rounds? A bit of an improvement. Not my style of play as I play up and close but if you like long ball they pay off.

Havoc-paintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:40 AM #3
skullcandy1993

uhhh...last time i checked the kingman markers weren't exactly "switch on the fly", their barrels are kinda finicky
skullcandy1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:38 PM #4
Bobtheballer
wanabe gunwhore

Bobtheballer owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Kingman does advertise theirs as "switch on the fly" but they are spyders so who knows how well that will actually work. I don't have any experience with so I can't say.

As far as the whole switching on the fly thing goes. I think it's a pretty cool idea, but I see one possible problem that they haven't explained. If you're shooting First Strikes through the mag feed, then decide to switch to regular balls in the hopper, won't the FS still be in the breach for the first shot?

It's not really a big deal, but if I was "sniping" and all of a sudden had to switch to the hopper for a firefight or something I wouldn't want to waste that one FS shot.
Bobtheballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:26 PM #5
Pdubs
I am Philosoraptor

Pdubs is playing at Living Legends VI
Pdubs owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Pdubs is for the Gunfight
Pdubs has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobtheballer View Post
Kingman does advertise theirs as "switch on the fly" but they are spyders so who knows how well that will actually work. I don't have any experience with so I can't say.

As far as the whole switching on the fly thing goes. I think it's a pretty cool idea, but I see one possible problem that they haven't explained. If you're shooting First Strikes through the mag feed, then decide to switch to regular balls in the hopper, won't the FS still be in the breach for the first shot?

It's not really a big deal, but if I was "sniping" and all of a sudden had to switch to the hopper for a firefight or something I wouldn't want to waste that one FS shot.
I wondered about that as well bob. also, I'd want an actual sight or something for my gun if I was using first strike, and that'd just get in the way for regular rounds IMHO.
Pdubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:26 PM #6
JustinTA
Justin

JustinTA works for a Paintball manufacturer
To go from one to the other with our markers, you just push in and rotate the barrel. To go from mag to hopper, you have to eject the magazine. To go from hopper to mag, you don't have to take it out.

Yes, the first shot after switching will be whatever you switched from - unless you empty the mag or hopper before switching.

The new T4.1 and original T4 have a functional charging handle to engage the dual feed system that when pulled back automatically rotates the barre to hopperl and then a push button to rotate back to mag mode.
JustinTA is offline   Reply With Quote