PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 10:21 AM #610
SpyderPB819

SpyderPB819 donated to help Peyton Trent
I'm doing the talent show at my school in 2 days.. 500 for first place that would be bomb
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-22-2012, 01:43 PM #611
PBFreak875
IOT's Pet Canadian

PBFreak875 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PBFreak875 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Yeah, it's pretty sweet. I dunno how it works there but 40 hours (before breaks) is considered full time. I was scheduled for 45 hours this week after breaks, plus I picked up a bunch of extra hours so I'm about 12 hours total into OT and I get paid tomorrow

"Originally posted by Muff Muff: The best ideas always come in either dreams or while drunk."

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Old 10-22-2012, 02:52 PM #612
Muff Muff
Muff Muff OUT

Old 10-22-2012, 04:16 PM #613
l-Poder-l
-_-

l-Poder-l donated to help Peyton Trent
l-Poder-l helped look for balloons
l-Poder-l is playing at Living Legends III
l-Poder-l is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFreak875 View Post
Yeah, it's pretty sweet. I dunno how it works there but 40 hours (before breaks) is considered full time. I was scheduled for 45 hours this week after breaks, plus I picked up a bunch of extra hours so I'm about 12 hours total into OT and I get paid tomorrow
Makin dat fast food monay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muff Muff View Post
picture

You've never had a job....
Old 10-22-2012, 05:03 PM #614
Muff Muff
Muff Muff OUT

I've had a job, I was a bus boy for 2 hours before I said **** that ****.

For me it could be "After taking midterm...Getting grades on midterm."
Old 10-22-2012, 05:28 PM #615
PBFreak875
IOT's Pet Canadian

It keeps my bills paid. And only one payday a month? I'm used to every 2 weeks, well now every week.

"Originally posted by Muff Muff: The best ideas always come in either dreams or while drunk."

Old 10-22-2012, 07:03 PM #616
Woodsballerpcb

Thursday is the last day of my job. New boss has gotten rid of everyone that was there when she was hired, she hates us all.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:10 PM #617
heysueskreesto2

I'm making $1000 this month from my part-time. Not bad.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:14 PM #618
PBFreak875
IOT's Pet Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsballerpcb View Post
Thursday is the last day of my job. New boss has gotten rid of everyone that was there when she was hired, she hates us all.
Had a GM like that at my last job. She cut everyone's hours back to nothingness. I went from 30ish to 15. Then I booked a week off 2 months in advance and she schedules me for 40 hours on that week. I had to give it all away. Then I came back the next week, back to 15 hours. I'm doing between 30 and 40 now which is where I want to be.

Also, preordered AC3 tonight.

Old 10-22-2012, 07:23 PM #619
Woodsballerpcb

Quote:
Had a GM like that at my last job. She cut everyone's hours back to nothingness. I went from 30ish to 15. Then I booked a week off 2 months in advance and she schedules me for 40 hours on that week. I had to give it all away. Then I came back the next week, back to 15 hours. I'm doing between 30 and 40 now which is where I want to be.
I was doing around 50 hours a week, and I had to go to Tennessee to take care of my dad after he wrecked his car. He was in the hospital on a vent for about a week, all kinds of crazy stuff. She threatened to fire me if I wasnt back the next week. Then I got home and now I get about 10 hours a week. Im done. She has written me up 3 times since I got home 2 weeks ago for stupid stuff that I wasnt doing.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:30 PM #620
PBFreak875
IOT's Pet Canadian

Can she even legally do that? It's a family emergency. It's not like you chose to have that happen. I hope you're dad's doing okay by the way. Have you found another job?

Forgot to mention that week she booked me 40 hours for was the first vacation of any kind I'd taken that year, let alone under her management.

Old 10-22-2012, 07:40 PM #621
Woodsballerpcb

I dont think she can, I really havent looked into it and Im just ready to be done with it anyway. He is doing alright, lost his right eye and had a lot of facial fractures and lacerations to the right side of his face. Other than that he will make a full recovery.
Im not gonna work for a while. I have busted my *** to save up a good chunk of change, and I have my scholarship to go to school, so Im gonna focus on that for a while.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:06 PM #622
l-Poder-l
-_-

Quote:

I was doing around 50 hours a week, and I had to go to Tennessee to take care of my dad after he wrecked his car. He was in the hospital on a vent for about a week, all kinds of crazy stuff. She threatened to fire me if I wasnt back the next week. Then I got home and now I get about 10 hours a week. Im done. She has written me up 3 times since I got home 2 weeks ago for stupid stuff that I wasnt doing.
Yeah. I would have said "go ahead fire me, my father is way more important than a job".

Quote:
Can she even legally do that? It's a family emergency. It's not like you chose to have that happen. I hope you're dad's doing okay by the way. Have you found another job?

Forgot to mention that week she booked me 40 hours for was the first vacation of any kind I'd taken that year, let alone under her management.
Probably, if Georgia is an "at will" state they can fire you for any reason other than you being a certain race, gender, or disabled.

Quote:
I dont think she can, I really havent looked into it and Im just ready to be done with it anyway. He is doing alright, lost his right eye and had a lot of facial fractures and lacerations to the right side of his face. Other than that he will make a full recovery.
Im not gonna work for a while. I have busted my *** to save up a good chunk of change, and I have my scholarship to go to school, so Im gonna focus on that for a while.
Oh damn, that sucks. I'm glad he's gonna be fine though.

I take it the raptor is a no go?
Old 10-22-2012, 09:58 PM #623
Woodsballerpcb

Raptor is getting put on hold for a little while longer. And that is what I told her, she literally called every day that I was up there for a week to see when I was coming back.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:10 PM #624
l-Poder-l
-_-

Quote:
Raptor is getting put on hold for a little while longer. And that is what I told her, she literally called every day that I was up there for a week to see when I was coming back.
Sad day.

I think I'm gonna get a 09 or 10 5.4 FX4 unless I can convince myself to drop 40.000 on a 2013 with a 6.2.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:30 PM #625
Woodsballerpcb

Eek. Not a fan of the 5.4 I would go with the 6.2 personally. Love that motor.
Here is the car, since Im sure yall are interested.
It actually went off of about a 40 foot embankment, at about a 35* angle. He went off of right shoulder and pulled it back on to the road, but over corrected and it put the car into a sideways slide, he hit a tree on the opposite side of the road, and got spun down the hill. Oddly enough the tree that he hit on the way down was one that my grandfather had carved his and my grandmothers names into as it was where he first asked her out a loooooong time ago. (if that entire story made any sense)
Old 10-22-2012, 11:32 PM #626
PBFreak875
IOT's Pet Canadian

I'm glad he's going to recover. Looking at the car I'd say he's doing really well. He's in my thoughts.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:01 AM #627
l-Poder-l
-_-

Quote:
Eek. Not a fan of the 5.4 I would go with the 6.2 personally. Love that motor.
Here is the car, since Im sure yall are interested.
It actually went off of about a 40 foot embankment, at about a 35* angle. He went off of right shoulder and pulled it back on to the road, but over corrected and it put the car into a sideways slide, he hit a tree on the opposite side of the road, and got spun down the hill. Oddly enough the tree that he hit on the way down was one that my grandfather had carved his and my grandmothers names into as it was where he first asked her out a loooooong time ago. (if that entire story made any sense)
God damn dude, yeah I would be very happy your dad is alive. That will be a pretty interesting story to tell when your dad is better.

I've got 228 thousand reasons to like the 5.4, the truck I want is going to end up costing 50,000 MSRP if I get it new so used is the way to go I think, and I really don't want to buy fords first stab at a direct injected twin turbo gas motor.

I want an fx4 and the 2013s fx4s are the only one with a 6.2, i wouldn't mind a platinum if I got a new tailgate.

Quote:
I'm glad he's going to recover. Looking at the car I'd say he's doing really well. He's in my thoughts.
The human body is an amazing thing.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:54 PM #628
Woodsballerpcb

Quote:
Originally Posted by l-Poder-l View Post
I've got 228 thousand reasons to like the 5.4, the truck I want is going to end up costing 50,000 MSRP if I get it new so used is the way to go I think, and I really don't want to buy fords first stab at a direct injected twin turbo gas motor.
I honestly have nothing against the 5.4, I like the one in our Navigator. Just seems to pale in comparison the the 6.2. After having driven the ecoboost, I have nothing bad to say about it.
He really is a walking miracle. He had a slipped disk in his neck about 12 years ago, and had gotten to the point prior to the crash that he wasnt able to use his hands or walk very well. Im just thankful that it was his eye and not a broken neck or back. He was actually thrown into the back passenger seat, and not a single airbag went off.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:15 PM #629
l-Poder-l
-_-

Quote:

I honestly have nothing against the 5.4, I like the one in our Navigator. Just seems to pale in comparison the the 6.2. After having driven the ecoboost, I have nothing bad to say about it.
He really is a walking miracle. He had a slipped disk in his neck about 12 years ago, and had gotten to the point prior to the crash that he wasnt able to use his hands or walk very well. Im just thankful that it was his eye and not a broken neck or back. He was actually thrown into the back passenger seat, and not a single airbag went off.
I want the 6.2 I just don't think I want to spend 40,000 to get one.

I like to work on my own truck, I don't know anything about direct injection or turbos, and not too much is known online. Sure ford did that 100,000 mile torture test, but yeah I dunno.
Old 10-23-2012, 03:13 PM #630
Disarmer
Gig 'em

Disarmer helped look for balloons
Disarmer is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Disarmer has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Disarmer is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
My dad bought the Jeep with my money (I wasn't available to go look at it), drove it 6 hours before I ever got it. Within 10 miles of me getting it, the AC blower motor quit working, and the radiator cracked. I haz such terrible luck with vehicles. However, in the past 24 hours I have replaced the radiator and fixed the blower motor. Only thing left is to replace the stock blown subwoofer. Should be here Thursday and I will have a completely problem-free Jeep.

I'm excited.
Closed Thread