Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2012, 10:21 AM #610
SpyderPB819
 
 
SpyderPB819's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Charlotte
SpyderPB819 donated to help Peyton Trent
I'm doing the talent show at my school in 2 days.. 500 for first place that would be bomb
SpyderPB819 is offline  
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-22-2012, 01:43 PM #611
PBFreak875
IOT's Pet Canadian
 
PBFreak875's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Canada, EH?
PBFreak875 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PBFreak875 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Yeah, it's pretty sweet. I dunno how it works there but 40 hours (before breaks) is considered full time. I was scheduled for 45 hours this week after breaks, plus I picked up a bunch of extra hours so I'm about 12 hours total into OT and I get paid tomorrow
__________________
"Originally posted by SpyderPB819: Please don't bring a child into this world that is half you and half ginger!"

"Originally posted by Muff Muff: The best ideas always come in either dreams or while drunk."

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
PBFreak875 is offline  
Old 10-22-2012, 02:52 PM #612
Muff Muff
Muff Muff OUT
 
Muff Muff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CC/Arlington, Texas
__________________
WHATABURGER
"Idiots neither forgive, nor forget. Intelligent people forgive and forget, but a true Wise Man forgives, but NEVER forgets."
Muff Muff is offline  
Old 10-22-2012, 04:16 PM #613
l-Poder-l
-_-
 
l-Poder-l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Texas
l-Poder-l donated to help Peyton Trent
l-Poder-l helped look for balloons
l-Poder-l is playing at Living Legends III
l-Poder-l is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFreak875 View Post
Yeah, it's pretty sweet. I dunno how it works there but 40 hours (before breaks) is considered full time. I was scheduled for 45 hours this week after breaks, plus I picked up a bunch of extra hours so I'm about 12 hours total into OT and I get paid tomorrow
Makin dat fast food monay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muff Muff View Post
picture

You've never had a job....
__________________
.
l-Poder-l is offline  
Old 10-22-2012, 05:03 PM #614
Muff Muff
Muff Muff OUT
 
Muff Muff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CC/Arlington, Texas
I've had a job, I was a bus boy for 2 hours before I said **** that ****.

For me it could be "After taking midterm...Getting grades on midterm."
__________________
WHATABURGER
"Idiots neither forgive, nor forget. Intelligent people forgive and forget, but a true Wise Man forgives, but NEVER forgets."
Muff Muff is offline  
Old 10-22-2012, 05:28 PM #615
PBFreak875
IOT's Pet Canadian
 
PBFreak875's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Canada, EH?
PBFreak875 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PBFreak875 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
It keeps my bills paid. And only one payday a month? I'm used to every 2 weeks, well now every week.
__________________
"Originally posted by SpyderPB819: Please don't bring a child into this world that is half you and half ginger!"

"Originally posted by Muff Muff: The best ideas always come in either dreams or while drunk."

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
PBFreak875 is offline  
Old 10-22-2012, 07:03 PM #616
Woodsballerpcb
 
 
Woodsballerpcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Thursday is the last day of my job. New boss has gotten rid of everyone that was there when she was hired, she hates us all.
__________________
DSDM:Well at least you are alive to tell us about it. You didn't luck out and die and get out of your marriage easily.
Woodsballerpcb is offline  
Old 10-22-2012, 07:10 PM #617
heysueskreesto2
____________
 
heysueskreesto2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Frederick, MD
I'm making $1000 this month from my part-time. Not bad.
heysueskreesto2 is offline  
Old 10-22-2012, 07:14 PM #618
PBFreak875
IOT's Pet Canadian
 
PBFreak875's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Canada, EH?
PBFreak875 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PBFreak875 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsballerpcb View Post
Thursday is the last day of my job. New boss has gotten rid of everyone that was there when she was hired, she hates us all.
Had a GM like that at my last job. She cut everyone's hours back to nothingness. I went from 30ish to 15. Then I booked a week off 2 months in advance and she schedules me for 40 hours on that week. I had to give it all away. Then I came back the next week, back to 15 hours. I'm doing between 30 and 40 now which is where I want to be.

Also, preordered AC3 tonight.
__________________
"Originally posted by SpyderPB819: Please don't bring a child into this world that is half you and half ginger!"

"Originally posted by Muff Muff: The best ideas always come in either dreams or while drunk."

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
PBFreak875 is offline  
Old 10-22-2012, 07:23 PM #619
Woodsballerpcb
 
 
Woodsballerpcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFreak875 View Post
Had a GM like that at my last job. She cut everyone's hours back to nothingness. I went from 30ish to 15. Then I booked a week off 2 months in advance and she schedules me for 40 hours on that week. I had to give it all away. Then I came back the next week, back to 15 hours. I'm doing between 30 and 40 now which is where I want to be.
I was doing around 50 hours a week, and I had to go to Tennessee to take care of my dad after he wrecked his car. He was in the hospital on a vent for about a week, all kinds of crazy stuff. She threatened to fire me if I wasnt back the next week. Then I got home and now I get about 10 hours a week. Im done. She has written me up 3 times since I got home 2 weeks ago for stupid stuff that I wasnt doing.
__________________
DSDM:Well at least you are alive to tell us about it. You didn't luck out and die and get out of your marriage easily.
Woodsballerpcb is offline  
Old 10-22-2012, 07:30 PM #620
PBFreak875
IOT's Pet Canadian
 
PBFreak875's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Canada, EH?
PBFreak875 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PBFreak875 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Can she even legally do that? It's a family emergency. It's not like you chose to have that happen. I hope you're dad's doing okay by the way. Have you found another job?

Forgot to mention that week she booked me 40 hours for was the first vacation of any kind I'd taken that year, let alone under her management.
__________________
"Originally posted by SpyderPB819: Please don't bring a child into this world that is half you and half ginger!"

"Originally posted by Muff Muff: The best ideas always come in either dreams or while drunk."

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
PBFreak875 is offline  
Old 10-22-2012, 07:40 PM #621
Woodsballerpcb
 
 
Woodsballerpcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
I dont think she can, I really havent looked into it and Im just ready to be done with it anyway. He is doing alright, lost his right eye and had a lot of facial fractures and lacerations to the right side of his face. Other than that he will make a full recovery.
Im not gonna work for a while. I have busted my *** to save up a good chunk of change, and I have my scholarship to go to school, so Im gonna focus on that for a while.
__________________
DSDM:Well at least you are alive to tell us about it. You didn't luck out and die and get out of your marriage easily.
Woodsballerpcb is offline  
Old 10-22-2012, 09:06 PM #622
l-Poder-l
-_-
 
l-Poder-l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Texas
l-Poder-l donated to help Peyton Trent
l-Poder-l helped look for balloons
l-Poder-l is playing at Living Legends III
l-Poder-l is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsballerpcb View Post

I was doing around 50 hours a week, and I had to go to Tennessee to take care of my dad after he wrecked his car. He was in the hospital on a vent for about a week, all kinds of crazy stuff. She threatened to fire me if I wasnt back the next week. Then I got home and now I get about 10 hours a week. Im done. She has written me up 3 times since I got home 2 weeks ago for stupid stuff that I wasnt doing.
Yeah. I would have said "go ahead fire me, my father is way more important than a job".

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFreak875 View Post
Can she even legally do that? It's a family emergency. It's not like you chose to have that happen. I hope you're dad's doing okay by the way. Have you found another job?


Forgot to mention that week she booked me 40 hours for was the first vacation of any kind I'd taken that year, let alone under her management.
Probably, if Georgia is an "at will" state they can fire you for any reason other than you being a certain race, gender, or disabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsballerpcb View Post
I dont think she can, I really havent looked into it and Im just ready to be done with it anyway. He is doing alright, lost his right eye and had a lot of facial fractures and lacerations to the right side of his face. Other than that he will make a full recovery.
Im not gonna work for a while. I have busted my *** to save up a good chunk of change, and I have my scholarship to go to school, so Im gonna focus on that for a while.
Oh damn, that sucks. I'm glad he's gonna be fine though.

I take it the raptor is a no go?
__________________
.
l-Poder-l is offline  
Old 10-22-2012, 09:58 PM #623
Woodsballerpcb
 
 
Woodsballerpcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Raptor is getting put on hold for a little while longer. And that is what I told her, she literally called every day that I was up there for a week to see when I was coming back.
__________________
DSDM:Well at least you are alive to tell us about it. You didn't luck out and die and get out of your marriage easily.
Woodsballerpcb is offline  
Old 10-22-2012, 10:10 PM #624
l-Poder-l
-_-
 
l-Poder-l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Texas
l-Poder-l donated to help Peyton Trent
l-Poder-l helped look for balloons
l-Poder-l is playing at Living Legends III
l-Poder-l is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsballerpcb View Post
Raptor is getting put on hold for a little while longer. And that is what I told her, she literally called every day that I was up there for a week to see when I was coming back.
Sad day.


I think I'm gonna get a 09 or 10 5.4 FX4 unless I can convince myself to drop 40.000 on a 2013 with a 6.2.
__________________
.
l-Poder-l is offline  
Old 10-22-2012, 10:30 PM #625
Woodsballerpcb
 
 
Woodsballerpcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Eek. Not a fan of the 5.4 I would go with the 6.2 personally. Love that motor.
Here is the car, since Im sure yall are interested.
It actually went off of about a 40 foot embankment, at about a 35* angle. He went off of right shoulder and pulled it back on to the road, but over corrected and it put the car into a sideways slide, he hit a tree on the opposite side of the road, and got spun down the hill. Oddly enough the tree that he hit on the way down was one that my grandfather had carved his and my grandmothers names into as it was where he first asked her out a loooooong time ago. (if that entire story made any sense)
__________________
DSDM:Well at least you are alive to tell us about it. You didn't luck out and die and get out of your marriage easily.
Woodsballerpcb is offline  
Old 10-22-2012, 11:32 PM #626
PBFreak875
IOT's Pet Canadian
 
PBFreak875's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Canada, EH?
PBFreak875 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PBFreak875 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm glad he's going to recover. Looking at the car I'd say he's doing really well. He's in my thoughts.
__________________
"Originally posted by SpyderPB819: Please don't bring a child into this world that is half you and half ginger!"

"Originally posted by Muff Muff: The best ideas always come in either dreams or while drunk."

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
PBFreak875 is offline  
Old 10-23-2012, 12:01 AM #627
l-Poder-l
-_-
 
l-Poder-l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Texas
l-Poder-l donated to help Peyton Trent
l-Poder-l helped look for balloons
l-Poder-l is playing at Living Legends III
l-Poder-l is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsballerpcb View Post
Eek. Not a fan of the 5.4 I would go with the 6.2 personally. Love that motor.
Here is the car, since Im sure yall are interested.
It actually went off of about a 40 foot embankment, at about a 35* angle. He went off of right shoulder and pulled it back on to the road, but over corrected and it put the car into a sideways slide, he hit a tree on the opposite side of the road, and got spun down the hill. Oddly enough the tree that he hit on the way down was one that my grandfather had carved his and my grandmothers names into as it was where he first asked her out a loooooong time ago. (if that entire story made any sense)
God damn dude, yeah I would be very happy your dad is alive. That will be a pretty interesting story to tell when your dad is better.

I've got 228 thousand reasons to like the 5.4, the truck I want is going to end up costing 50,000 MSRP if I get it new so used is the way to go I think, and I really don't want to buy fords first stab at a direct injected twin turbo gas motor.

I want an fx4 and the 2013s fx4s are the only one with a 6.2, i wouldn't mind a platinum if I got a new tailgate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBFreak875 View Post
I'm glad he's going to recover. Looking at the car I'd say he's doing really well. He's in my thoughts.
The human body is an amazing thing.
__________________
.
l-Poder-l is offline  
Old 10-23-2012, 12:54 PM #628
Woodsballerpcb
 
 
Woodsballerpcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by l-Poder-l View Post
I've got 228 thousand reasons to like the 5.4, the truck I want is going to end up costing 50,000 MSRP if I get it new so used is the way to go I think, and I really don't want to buy fords first stab at a direct injected twin turbo gas motor.
I honestly have nothing against the 5.4, I like the one in our Navigator. Just seems to pale in comparison the the 6.2. After having driven the ecoboost, I have nothing bad to say about it.
He really is a walking miracle. He had a slipped disk in his neck about 12 years ago, and had gotten to the point prior to the crash that he wasnt able to use his hands or walk very well. Im just thankful that it was his eye and not a broken neck or back. He was actually thrown into the back passenger seat, and not a single airbag went off.
__________________
DSDM:Well at least you are alive to tell us about it. You didn't luck out and die and get out of your marriage easily.
Woodsballerpcb is offline  
Old 10-23-2012, 01:15 PM #629
l-Poder-l
-_-
 
l-Poder-l's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Texas
l-Poder-l donated to help Peyton Trent
l-Poder-l helped look for balloons
l-Poder-l is playing at Living Legends III
l-Poder-l is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodsballerpcb View Post

I honestly have nothing against the 5.4, I like the one in our Navigator. Just seems to pale in comparison the the 6.2. After having driven the ecoboost, I have nothing bad to say about it.
He really is a walking miracle. He had a slipped disk in his neck about 12 years ago, and had gotten to the point prior to the crash that he wasnt able to use his hands or walk very well. Im just thankful that it was his eye and not a broken neck or back. He was actually thrown into the back passenger seat, and not a single airbag went off.
I want the 6.2 I just don't think I want to spend 40,000 to get one.

I like to work on my own truck, I don't know anything about direct injection or turbos, and not too much is known online. Sure ford did that 100,000 mile torture test, but yeah I dunno.
__________________
.
l-Poder-l is offline  
Old 10-23-2012, 03:13 PM #630
Disarmer
Gig 'em
 
Disarmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: College Station, Texas
Disarmer helped look for balloons
Disarmer is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Disarmer has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Disarmer is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
My dad bought the Jeep with my money (I wasn't available to go look at it), drove it 6 hours before I ever got it. Within 10 miles of me getting it, the AC blower motor quit working, and the radiator cracked. I haz such terrible luck with vehicles. However, in the past 24 hours I have replaced the radiator and fixed the blower motor. Only thing left is to replace the stock blown subwoofer. Should be here Thursday and I will have a completely problem-free Jeep.

I'm excited.
Disarmer is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump