Old 10-10-2012, 08:00 PM #1
CrazyHarry
Evil Genius

CrazyHarry is playing at Living Legends VII
CrazyHarry has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CrazyHarry has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
CrazyHarry supports Empire
Wired Eyes in a PM

So I looked all over the place and couldn't find a good explanation, and after a good amount of tinkering I figured it out. Please forgive me if I just didn't search hard enough.

To route the wires, loosen the two screws that hold the solenoid onto the body, then use your smallest allen key to stuff the wires beside the noid as far as possible. After you are done, tighten the noid back down... it should look like this:

You may have to try it once or twice to get it right. If it interferes with your trigger, you probably didn't stuff the wires down far enough, so pull them ALL out and start over (you really need to make sure the first one is as deep as possible, before stacking other wires on top of it).

This worked on my PM8, but I suspect it would work on any PM as the tolerances around the noid seem to be similar.

If anyone has any info about the part numbers, etc. for the connector, the emitter, and the receiver, I'd like to know those as well... Eyes for the PM8, especially, are getting kinda rare, so I'd like to have all the info posted up so people can make their own.

Geisterjager CO
CrazyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2012, 06:12 AM #2
archerpb2013

archerpb2013 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
archerpb2013 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
archerpb2013 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I have a pm7 and i dremeled out the sides to give room to run the wires along the sides of the solenoid. It works great for me.
archerpb2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:41 PM #3
Renko
teamwork

Renko owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Renko has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I found that fitting just two of the wires under the noid and carefully moving the last two before putting the grip and frame together works just as well! It's all about wire placement though! Awesome fix; should be in a sticky!
Old 10-21-2012, 01:04 PM #4
Box
Wroooaaarrrr!

Annual Supporting Member
Box is playing at Living Legends VII
On my UL PM7 I just ran the wires on the top of the noid, one pair on each side. It's tricky, but it works as well.
Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:13 PM #5
CrazyHarry
Evil Genius

CrazyHarry is playing at Living Legends VII
CrazyHarry has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
CrazyHarry has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
CrazyHarry supports Empire
What I like about the above method is that once you do it... it isn't tricky. It's even easier to take apart then if it had the ribbon eyes (because you don't have to worry about bending the wires).

I'm contemplating cutting into the corner of the solenoid a bit to make extra room. The noid has a hole drilled through it for the screw right there, and that hole doesn't need to be air tight or anything... so I could just open it up a little of the ways right on the corner there to give the wires more breathing room. IMO, if you wanted the optimum way to route the wires, that would be it. It would allow you to install them easily, and if you screwed up, you could just get a new noid (still expensive though)... as opposed to trying to find a new body (next to impossible).

Geisterjager CO
CrazyHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:35 PM #6
rzhukov

rzhukov is playing at Living Legends III
rzhukov owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
rzhukov supports Bob Gurnsey
rzhukov has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Had wired eyes on PM6 and PM7 with UL, never had problems tucking them in on the side without removing noid
rzhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:54 AM #7
nonameputs

nonameputs has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
nonameputs has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzhukov View Post
Had wired eyes on PM6 and PM7 with UL, never had problems tucking them in on the side without removing noid
Seems like the only gun with really tight spaces is the pm8, specifically going past the noid.
nonameputs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:55 AM #8
nonameputs

nonameputs has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
nonameputs has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyHarry View Post
So I looked all over the place and couldn't find a good explanation, and after a good amount of tinkering I figured it out. Please forgive me if I just didn't search hard enough.

To route the wires, loosen the two screws that hold the solenoid onto the body, then use your smallest allen key to stuff the wires beside the noid as far as possible. After you are done, tighten the noid back down... it should look like this:

You may have to try it once or twice to get it right. If it interferes with your trigger, you probably didn't stuff the wires down far enough, so pull them ALL out and start over (you really need to make sure the first one is as deep as possible, before stacking other wires on top of it).

This worked on my PM8, but I suspect it would work on any PM as the tolerances around the noid seem to be similar.

If anyone has any info about the part numbers, etc. for the connector, the emitter, and the receiver, I'd like to know those as well... Eyes for the PM8, especially, are getting kinda rare, so I'd like to have all the info posted up so people can make their own.
Which wired eyes are you using?
nonameputs is offline   Reply With Quote