Community Focus

Old 10-20-2012, 12:45 PM #22
Shortbuscrew

Annual Supporting Member
Shortbuscrew owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Shortbuscrew is for the Gunfight
Shortbuscrew is for the Gunfight
Shortbuscrew owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
i wonder if some issues are people using different grades of dow lube, theres light, medium and heavy kinds of dow 33 and 55, you want a medium, 33 is very thin and more like a oil.
Shortbuscrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-20-2012, 04:53 PM #23
ElCoronel

ElCoronel is for the Gunfight
ElCoronel is for the Gunfight
ElCoronel plays in the APPA D4 division
About a month after I got my 2012 it developed a leak that neither I nor our team's tech could fix - new o-rings, gaskets and qev didn't do it. As I recall it was leaking from the same place. I sent mine in and they fixed it right up. Not sure what they did but it's not broke and shot smooth as butter since.
ElCoronel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:39 PM #24
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Hmmmmmmm creeping reg maybe? As Reaper said, bring it to a chrony. Shoot it slow but consistent and watch the numbers. If they seem high at first and then drop as you shoot........the reg may be creeping. If the numbers are all over the place that is also a sign.

You can also turn the reg into the off position(gently). Then try shooting the gun. If it feels like air is still getting into the system you have a problem.

As I understand it a common problem is people squashing the reg seat by turning the adjustment screw in too hard. If your reg seat is damaged, the regulator will creep, no matter how many orings you change.

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote