PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-13-2012, 02:49 PM #1
Lane821

Lane821 plays in the APPA D5 division
Lane821 supports Empire
I need help with my Z2

Alright, so I got my Z2 used for a straight trade for my Rotor. The Z2 worked perfectly fine. (so no one can say it was because of the owner before me) But when I put paint through it (really really bad paint, Kmart paint, absolute garbage) so when I put that paint in it, it jammed and would unjam itself which I thought was cool, but then a ball broke in the Z2. So I took the shells apart and cleaned it (didn't take apart the drive stuff) Then tried again, same results. cleaned again. The third time, I only put in about 20 to 30 balls in at a time and I watched the Z2 unjam pretty much every ball then feed. After I shot the paint. I took the shells apart to clean everything thoroughly. And I noticed under the window thing, there was paint under it. So then I took apart the drive so I could clean under the window. Did that, and put everything back together. I set it on my desk facing up (like the position you would set it on a gun)
During the night, I kept hearing a click. I checked around my desk and didn't figure it was the Z2. Then as I was going to bed I heard a weird noise (it was the Z2 spinning from the rip drive) and as I saw the Z2 turned I was scared, then I saw it do it again and it was facing towards me and I was really scared as if it were possessed or something. So I took off the nose cone, unplugged the battery harness (I didn't pull any wires)
After school the next day I went to investigate the Z2. I replaced the batteries figuring the they were fried or something. So I put new batteries in and turned the Z2 on, and it only beeped and didn't spin at all, I was very confused. I asked a friend about it and he said it was a spring that lost its tension or something to that sort. So I took it apart again and I could not find no such spring as he spoke of. But I did notice one of the wires to the motor had come off, so I soldered it back on. I figured I had diagnosed the problem and it would work again. Unfortunately no. Same thing. The Z2 beeps and does nothing but blink red. If I click the forward or backward buttons it doesn't spin either, but if I click then a couple times the Z2 beeps and blinks orange and red.
I have no idea what I did or what's wrong. I emailed empire a picture of the wire that came off before I soldered it, so if the motor is just bad, then hopefully they are sending me a new motor.

(sorry for the long story, I just want people to know what's going on)

Any help is awesome, I really want this Z2 to work.
Thanks.
Lane821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-13-2012, 11:19 PM #2
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Try this: hold both buttons down at the same time, and turn it on while continuing to hold them down. After you turn it on, let the buttons go. You'll see the Z2 spin a bit and give you a lightshow. When the LED goes solid purple, press the forward button, the Z2 should start spinning forward very quickly. Now turn it off.

This autotunes the board, basically an internal diagnostic. Try that and see what happens, maybe it'll fix it.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 11:41 PM #3
Lane821

Lane821 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAKESNIPER View Post
Try this: hold both buttons down at the same time, and turn it on while continuing to hold them down. After you turn it on, let the buttons go. You'll see the Z2 spin a bit and give you a lightshow. When the LED goes solid purple, press the forward button, the Z2 should start spinning forward very quickly. Now turn it off.

This autotunes the board, basically an internal diagnostic. Try that and see what happens, maybe it'll fix it.
Doing that right now..... And nothing, it doesn't spin at all, it just beeps and blinks red..
Old 10-15-2012, 07:56 AM #4
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Hate to say it but if you took it apart and looked it over that many times and missed that wire being separated, god only knows what else is out of line.
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:22 AM #5
Lane821

Lane821 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippin35 View Post
Hate to say it but if you took it apart and looked it over that many times and missed that wire being separated, god only knows what else is out of line.
Thanks for the help..
Old 10-15-2012, 10:19 AM #6
Zippin35

Zippin35 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Zippin35 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Zippin35 is attending Decay of Nations VI
^^ No problem. Contact paintball Solutions and they can probably get you squared away.
New England Crusade #35
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
Zippin35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:51 PM #7
Lane821

Lane821 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippin35 View Post
^^ No problem. Contact paintball Solutions and they can probably get you squared away.
Contacted them Thursday, just got an email saying they are sending me a a new motor and a new board.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:08 PM #8
Lane821

Lane821 supports Empire
Got the Z2 working.
Empire sent me a new motor and board, I'm not sure if my board was bad, but with the new board and motor the Z2 works great!
Also, thanks "SNAKESNIPER" for teaching me the "auto-tune" thing. I did that with the new board and it's working great!