Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-18-2012, 10:15 PM #1
xgeko2

2011 reflex rail help please.

Hi I'm new to the forum and was hoping I could get some help. I have a 2011 reflex rail with the TechT bolt I was originally having a lot of issues with air leaks out of the back but have taken the small set screw that is to the bottom right of the bolt out cleaned the superglue out from the threads and applied heavy duty teflon thread tape(tried blue locktite but it didn't work as good).

Anyway I have my own crono and am getting a very consistent 280-286 fps but the issue I am having is I go through about 2000psi of air per pod of paint. on a full fill of air I am getting about 1 hopper and 1 pod. My tank is a 4500/50 carlton with a ninja smp reg.

On the same tank on my 09 slg I am getting about 4 pods per tank. after playing around I thought maybe its my regulator so I put the hyper3 reg from my slg onto the reflex rail and am still having the same issue.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
xgeko2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2012, 10:29 PM #2
cmdrsuds

what is your dwell at? pull the bolt out of the gun and try to move it, if it has alot of resistance try changing some orings - 017, 015, 014 and 009.

try a new battery while you're at it too

-
DENVER KAOS

Last edited by cmdrsuds : 10-18-2012 at 10:40 PM.
cmdrsuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:35 PM #3
xgeko2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrsuds View Post
what is your dwell at? pull the bolt out of the gun and try to move it, if it has alot of resistance try changing some orings.

try a new battery while you're at it too
board is at stock settings including dwell. I checked all o-rings they all are in good shape and just put in a new Duracell copper top. Was using a lithium battery but heard they wreak havoc with the solenoid so I changed that over.

Might be on to something with the dwell I am going to get more air tomorrow and try to lower it a bit and see if that helps at all the stock setting is 18ms.

Last edited by xgeko2 : 10-18-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:53 PM #4
cmdrsuds

hmm it shouldn't be that bad though just from dwell, surprised that the bolt moves nicely too - I was kinda banking on that lol

-
DENVER KAOS
Old 10-18-2012, 11:24 PM #5
xgeko2

well I never adjusted the dwell so i assumed it was at 18ms I just checked it and noticed it was at 22ms I'm not sure this is 100% the issue but i'm willing to bet its making a noticeable impact. I'm going to get more air after work tomorrow and try it again after tuning the dwell down It would be totally sweet if this fixes it.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:31 AM #6
cmdrsuds

Should make a slight difference but I run a dwell of 22 on my PM7 which is also 18ms stock.. not to burst your bubble Are you sure the bolt is passing the flick test?!

Try taking apart the reg if things don't improve, check the reg seat and go ahead and replace the piston oring, it is hard to tell if the orings are no good just by looking at them. Also go ahead and replace 009 tail orings on the bolt. My PM7 manual suggests to do that if efficiency is lacking, it prevents an excess puff of air coming out the back cap. There should be a tiny bit that comes out when you shoot but shouldn't be too much, probably hard to tell by trail though.

If no improvement then replace every single oring I guess... ?

-
DENVER KAOS
Old 10-20-2012, 05:29 PM #7
xgeko2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrsuds View Post
Should make a slight difference but I run a dwell of 22 on my PM7 which is also 18ms stock.. not to burst your bubble Are you sure the bolt is passing the flick test?!

Try taking apart the reg if things don't improve, check the reg seat and go ahead and replace the piston oring, it is hard to tell if the orings are no good just by looking at them. Also go ahead and replace 009 tail orings on the bolt. My PM7 manual suggests to do that if efficiency is lacking, it prevents an excess puff of air coming out the back cap. There should be a tiny bit that comes out when you shoot but shouldn't be too much, probably hard to tell by trail though.

If no improvement then replace every single oring I guess... ?
Me think's it was the dwell. I got it down to 15ms dwell with the techt bolt no cycling issues and I just ran a pod through and used maybe 700psi of air. my tank was filled just under 3000 psi I shot 3 pods and still have maybe 600 or so psi left over =). Thank you very much for the suggestions and help I really appreciate it!
Old 10-21-2012, 03:46 PM #8
cmdrsuds

Awesome, yeah the TechT bolts are nice in rails.. as you keep breaking it in you can probably go lower...

-
DENVER KAOS