PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 10-17-2012, 06:37 PM #1
por2gezballa

por2gezballa owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Exclamation PB player in need of help!

So ive been playing paintball off and on for about 4 years now, im pretty athletic and quick but i am extremely dominant with my left side shooting and pretty poor with my right side shooting. I was told by a player to just go out and ball and try to only use my right side until i feel equally strong with both sides. Do you guys think this is the best way to become well rounded with both sides shooting?? I feel if I get strong with both sides i can be extremely successful in paintball.
Also, any exercises besides of course just trigger rolling as much as possible and work on switching hands with the gun.

Open to any sort of suggestions or tips. Really trying to get into it fully and maybe do some tournaments.
por2gezballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-17-2012, 08:13 PM #2
d2paintballr
Nor*Cal

d2paintballr plays in the PSP
d2paintballr plays in the APPA D2 division
Hold ur gun in ur less dominant hand anytime u can, even when ur filling ur tank or standing waiting to play. It helps a lot. And yes try to play the side of the field that will require u to constantly use ur less dominant hand. It takes time, its all muscle memory. Also, lots of cardio and core exercises will help u most with being in better paintball shape. If u play xball, rolling ur trigger is less important as once u hit 4balls per second it stays in ramping mode so u dont really have to be good at walking a trigger. Good luck with ur paintball, come check out the fuzion organization out at davis paintball in davis, ca anytime the entire group always helps new players and has built up a lot of beginners into top level players over the years!
d2paintballr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 09:23 PM #3
maloneoni
The Ronin

Keep your marker assembled at home and practice holding it.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:43 PM #4
Splat209

Splat209 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Splat209 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Splat209 is attending Decay of Nations VI
same problem man. i try to hold it in my right hand whenever im off the field or on and just holding it. and when your not playing important matches try and use your right fingers

"in the grind, it's my time to shine"

ebay username to see feedback:tperez838
Splat209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 01:46 AM #5
Sleazzzy_E
DIRTBAGS

Sleazzzy_E plays in the PSP
Sleazzzy_E is an NCPA player
Pretty much what everyone else said already... Whenever I was at home or at the field, I would practice holding with my non-dominant hand. Give it some time, and it will just be muscle memory.
Old 10-18-2012, 01:50 AM #6
por2gezballa

por2gezballa owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
thanks guys!
@d2paintballr ya ive been to midway a bunch of times, and got alot of pointers from the refs, but i think ima try and come out and ball maybe the first week of november out there in davis.
@maloneoni ya, that sounds really effective, ima start doing that
@splat209 ya man, its a b****, but i guess its for the best haha
por2gezballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:29 AM #7
neverenuf

neverenuf owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SNAP DRILLS IS THE KEY!!!!!! practice mainly with your weak hand! This will help more than anything else. Also, practice at home!!! Dont wait for sunday, get in front of a mirror and do snap drills (so, stand to the side of a mirror, snap out to the mirror like your coming from behind a bunker). This will also help keep you small when snapping out.

Other than that.....nothing but reps.