Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 09:56 AM #1996
Alan777
Tree Fitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiHeightPunk View Post
I saw some brooks bro's watches online. Expensive for a meh watch
Yeah looked at them in store a while back, not impressive at all for the price.

I wish I could go Double din screen in my bmw. I hate most single din's. They look so tacky
1994 BMW 325is
2013 Subaru Impreza Sport
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2012, 09:57 AM #1997
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

has been a member for 10 years
Featherlite 07 is playing at Living Legends III
Featherlite 07 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
That denon above would probably look pretty good in a BMW

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)
ST:A - We pass school busses at 140

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 10-18-2012, 10:05 AM #1998
Alan777
Tree Fitty

Can you even get denon headunits new anymore?

I didn't see a car audio section of their website.
1994 BMW 325is
Old 10-18-2012, 10:15 AM #1999
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
you could build like the greatest gaming rig of all time for less than the cost of one audiophile home speaker.
The speaker costs more than $10k?
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
Old 10-18-2012, 10:16 AM #2000
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

some do

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

"That is the unmistakable low rumble of a turbocharged flat 4, which signals the imminent arrival of a moron." -J. Clarkson
Old 10-18-2012, 10:30 AM #2001
FrolessWonder
RISE OR DIE TRYING

FrolessWonder has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
What does the tablet connect to, your stock radio?
yea, aux out of the tablet to aux in of my stock radio. Thankfully the aux in is located in my center console so the cable is hidden. I mostly use it for GPS/Tourqe/its cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra_MKIII View Post
Line out converter? Lots of people make them.
Yea but I want it to sound decent. I'll have to do some research and see if there are nicer ones.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:10 AM #2002
Alan777
Tree Fitty

Damn the list of stuff I want to buy for my car is long. Thinking tint+lower next
1994 BMW 325is
Old 10-18-2012, 11:17 AM #2003
cynicalrider
robert paulson

I'm in the same boat.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

ST:A - Not your Myspace Blog.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:44 AM #2004
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicalrider View Post
Audiophile's and computer geeks freak me out. It's strange because I enjoy visiting ST:T and seeing the crazy gaming desktops people build but could never see the point of spending that much into a computer and what not. Guess they probably see the same about me with my truck/motorcycles.
I'm a computer geek and and audiophile

The gaming rigs most people build aren't super-crazy. They're a step up from what you see in best buy, for not much more money. Building them is half the fun. I mean, if you want a gaming rig that can handle most games on high settings at a decent resolution, you're looking at upwards of a grand. But when you consider that many people spend like $600 every couple years on regular computers anyway, it's worth it to drop the $1000 on a nice rig, especially if you use good components and know that when it's time to upgrade, you will only need to replace some components, but will get to keep your case, PSU, etc.

As far as the audiophile deal, that's a whole different story. Some of those people are absolutely loopy. I'm pretty into it, but I don't have the money (nor really the desire) to do some of the **** people do. I like my mid-end headphones. My 5.1 system in my room makes me rage now that I've heard better. My car is better than my home theater setup, however it leaves a lot to be desired as well. I may try to go either active-crossover, 3-way, or both this Christmas, in hopes of taking some of the stress off my mids right now, as well as cutting down on some of the heavy back-EMF that I know is killing my highs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherlite 07 View Post
you could build like the greatest gaming rig of all time for less than the cost of one audiophile home speaker.
One audiophile driver is not going to cost $20,000+. Most "audiophiles" look for what sounds good to them, focus on enclosures, wiring, amplifiers, and driver specs. 99% of them don't look for things like those Focal Utopias that are made of a material 100 times more expensive than gold. And even then, the set of 3-ways is only $5,500 with crossover. If someone's charging $20,000 for a driver, it's probably because of the name on it, or something else that goes along with it.

Also, someone in ST:T has a rig that I'm pretty sure cost $10k+ to build, and while it's pretty crazy, it's nowhere near the greatest gaming rig of all time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan777 View Post
Can you even get denon headunits new anymore?

I didn't see a car audio section of their website.
If not, I'm sure there was some audiophile that bought up a bunch of them and has them sitting around waiting for a buyer... Stuff like that has a cult following, especially with the names like Denon, Harman/Kardon, older Onkyo and Sony audiophile stuff, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrolessWonder View Post
Yea but I want it to sound decent. I'll have to do some research and see if there are nicer ones.
You can get it to sound good with line-out.

- Line-out is going to give you only the frequencies that your other speakers are receiving, there are ways to fix this:
- Find out if you can send full-range signals to all of your speakers, then get bass-blockers or some other cheap crossover solution to stop your door/dash/rear speakers from trying to reproduce real low frequencies
- If your car has a factory amp that's mounted somewhere besides the head unit itself, it probably already has some low-level signal inputs, which can usually be made to work with aftermarket amps
- Get a 5-channel amp and pull your signal from one of the above, power your stock speakers with 4 of the amp's channels, and your sub with the 5th

- Line-out isn't natively bad, in fact, it's arguable that it's better to do it that way and amplify your speakers externally with a better amp than it would be to keep powering all your speakers with the factory amp

I mean really, it depends where you want to go with it. Personally, I'd probably opt to replace the head unit. It can be done cheaply and will offer you much more flexibility and adjustment in what you want to do, and may sound better as well.

Note: I don't know a damn thing about Hyundai's audio systems. For all I know they could use some audio stuff they got from elsewhere, like how my 3000gt had Infinity **** everywhere.

2001 Viggen // Stage 1 Oil Injection // Stage 3 Exhaust Leak // Wet Clutch Mod
Old 10-18-2012, 11:51 AM #2005
FrolessWonder
RISE OR DIE TRYING

FrolessWonder has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Mines got nothing special, plain jane HU powering the speakers. No external amps or nothing
Old 10-18-2012, 11:54 AM #2006
Supra_MKIII
Check your math.

I see.

Depending on your budget then, I'd probably get a decent head unit, amp, and build your own enclosure. It shouldn't be too expensive and should do a number for sound quality and lows.

I need to build new boxes for both of these subs I have sitting around. I think I might build a new box for my car, too. I don't know what I want to put where or how I want to configure it all

2001 Viggen // Stage 1 Oil Injection // Stage 3 Exhaust Leak // Wet Clutch Mod
Old 10-18-2012, 12:03 PM #2007
I'm inebriated
Wood Grain Grippin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiHeightPunk View Post
I saw some brooks bro's watches online. Expensive for a meh watch
Brooks bros sends me something in the mail like twice per week it's getting annoying

Next door neighbor at the new place could stand to lose about 100 pounds. **** I hate fatties.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:05 PM #2008
Featherlite 07
straight cash homie

noobs, stop posting in the old thread. I never said driver, I said speaker. And I was talking about home audio. A speaker contains multiple drivers almost all the time in home audio.

2010 Audi S4
2006 BMW M5 (Sold)

Old 10-18-2012, 12:55 PM #2009
Matt H

Annual Supporting Member
Matt H is a Supporting Member
Matt H is a founding member
Matt H is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Over slept and missed my 'appt' with the car dealer. I think I'm just going to spend the 7-8k and fix my car. Then buy a truck when it's done/
Old 10-19-2012, 06:10 AM #2010
SYSTEM
Notomated

SYSTEM is a Mega Moderator
SYSTEM is a Supporting Member
SYSTEM donated to help Peyton Trent
SYSTEM supports Bob Gurnsey
Thread has over 2000 posts. Continue here: http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3883740
This SYSTEM user account is not controlled by a person. It's primary function is to automatically split large threads. System also masks the identity of staff members who give infractions. If you have a question, or if SYSTEM becomes self-aware, please post it in the Talk to Mods/Admins section.
Closed Thread