Community Focus

Old 10-05-2012, 08:22 AM #22
Dedloc
That guy.

Annual Supporting Member
Dedloc is BST Legit
Dedloc is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Dedloc is Legendary
Which leads me to my next question: Are we looking at possible colored body kits for the Envy? If so, i am pumped.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-05-2012, 04:17 PM #23
jerky bob

jerky bob supports Cereal Killerz 2
jerky bob donated to help Peyton Trent
jerky bob supports our troops
jerky bob supports DLX Technology
Shot one at GOG Thursday. Yes, it is a mech, but what a hot item for field owners for rentals. No batteries to buy, no worrying about dwell, no boards to go bad. Very accurate and will shoot really brittle paint with no ball breaks. Maintainence is very simple. You could probably drop it in a bucket of water to clean it!! Will shoot either CO2 or HPA with no changes. Because of the unique valve there is no valve freeze-up on CO2 because of a rapid string. Be sure to stop by the GOG booth/shooting booth at WC to see this marker. This marker will also be upgradeable for entry level players who want to step up to an electro. Change the frame and some other components and you will be good to go. Trigger pull is light and crisp. Bolt stays forward till the trigger is released after the shot. No short stroking---you either pull the trigger or you don't.
jerky bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 04:20 PM #24
jerky bob

jerky bob supports Cereal Killerz 2
jerky bob donated to help Peyton Trent
jerky bob supports our troops
jerky bob supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedloc View Post
Which leads me to my next question: Are we looking at possible colored body kits for the Envy? If so, i am pumped.
The new marker will come in a matte finish for field owners. There will be a gloss black version for retail and colored body kits also.
jerky bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:23 AM #25
blackrain

blackrain is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
blackrain supports Bob Gurnsey
I already pre ordered mine. $129 is a great entry level price. If what Jerky Bob says about upgrading at a later date, this is even better for new players.

I'll update later this month or next.

Later,
Blackrain
Old 10-07-2012, 12:09 AM #26
eggwhite6
don't small towns suck?

eggwhite6 supports Team VICIOUS
eggwhite6 is for the Gunfight
eggwhite6 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
any pictures yet?
eggwhite6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:45 PM #27
Ravenstylea2

Ravenstylea2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ravenstylea2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Not trying to hate but GoG has yet to come out with another "Shocker." we have the Envy, Extcy and now something below an Envy lol. Just the opposite of what I thought they were going to do. Still love my Extcy just sayin'.
Ravenstylea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 06:05 PM #28
RogueShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstylea2 View Post
Not trying to hate but GoG has yet to come out with another "Shocker." we have the Envy, Extcy and now something below an Envy lol. Just the opposite of what I thought they were going to do. Still love my Extcy just sayin'.
The Luxe is the evolution of the Shocker design. So that's pretty much already handled. While I see this as a valuable marker even for an experienced player (everyone should have a good mech in their gearbag, IMO), for GOG it let's them reach fields looking for new rental fleets and also let's renters have a gun that's much more competitive against players with their own gear than a beat up old non-regulated blowback full of 10 years of gunk could.

The reality is that it's hard to move high-end markers nowadays, and most don't offer dealers much of a margin for profit when you figure in competition with online retailers. I think GOG is doing what is smartest for them financially right now, as any company that wants to remain in business should do.
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 07:18 PM #29
blackrain

blackrain is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
blackrain supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueShooter View Post
The Luxe is the evolution of the Shocker design. So that's pretty much already handled. While I see this as a valuable marker even for an experienced player (everyone should have a good mech in their gearbag, IMO), for GOG it let's them reach fields looking for new rental fleets and also let's renters have a gun that's much more competitive against players with their own gear than a beat up old non-regulated blowback full of 10 years of gunk could.

The reality is that it's hard to move high-end markers nowadays, and most don't offer dealers much of a margin for profit when you figure in competition with online retailers. I think GOG is doing what is smartest for them financially right now, as any company that wants to remain in business should do.
Very well put. PLayers need to realize not everyone can own a $1000+ blow back. I personally can afford one, but in my 25ys of playing I have yet to find a reason for one.

Iam happy that GoG has gone the entry level way as should many companies. The fields in areas are dropping in numbers. Maybe this gun and others like it will bring the sport back up to the level it was.

Later,
Blackrain
Old 10-08-2012, 01:44 PM #30
americanidiot748
I Sling Monkey Poo!

americanidiot748 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
americanidiot748 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
americanidiot748 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
americanidiot748 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
americanidiot748 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:

ok, lets get it straight people understand the luxe is the evolution of the shocker but its not at the price point that the shocker was before SP closed there doors, if I'm not mistaken you could get a shocker for about 500, IMO there is a void in markers in the industry in general when it comes to a gun that is priced at 400-750...i feel if GOG could produce a gun that hit this market they would sell alot of guns to people like me that want alittle more then a 250 dollar gun can offer but dont quite have 1500 to fork out...
My sexy shocker shooting like a beast, Fastest shocker ever!!!
DO NOT DEAL WITH ATLas Paintball, Atlballerz, Paul Decker!http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post78291865
https://www.facebook.com/#!/paul.decker.351
americanidiot748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:47 AM #31
Dedloc
That guy.

Annual Supporting Member
Dedloc is BST Legit
Dedloc is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Dedloc is Legendary
GOG can, and more than likely will, hit that market. But you have to let them build the company first. Why risk it right now when they are still building a stable fan-base? If people want shockers right now, then they can find shockers. But for the moment it is better for GOG to get the name recognition first before releasing a semi-expensive marker that may not sell that well. And I only say that because you cant guarantee anything in this economy and market.

But give them time and I am sure they will come up with something.
Old 10-09-2012, 09:53 AM #32
deltapaintball
Josh Foote (R)

deltapaintball is a Supporting Member
deltapaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
deltapaintball supports our troops
deltapaintball has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
deltapaintball supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedloc View Post
GOG can, and more than likely will, hit that market. But you have to let them build the company first. Why risk it right now when they are still building a stable fan-base? If people want shockers right now, then they can find shockers. But for the moment it is better for GOG to get the name recognition first before releasing a semi-expensive marker that may not sell that well. And I only say that because you cant guarantee anything in this economy and market.

But give them time and I am sure they will come up with something.
deltapaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:05 PM #33
Ravenstylea2

Ravenstylea2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ravenstylea2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I am sure when GoG releases a next gen shocker all the PE fan boys will knock it down to death like they do with Dye guns. Though that won't stop me from pre-ordering one.
Ravenstylea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 07:24 PM #34
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
i8somepie is an NCPA player
i8somepie plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by p8ntballr68059 View Post
wait so this isn't gonna be electro... you can't do a spool w/o electro it isn't possible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny96211 View Post
This all sounds cool and i cant wait to see it, but how could it be a step below the envy? The envy is pretty simple. Theres no real bells and whistles to it so whats left for them to downgrade? If what you guys are saying is true, how can you make a mech spool valve marker?
wrong. an electro solenoid essentially serves as a three way redirecting air flow to move the bolt and air to fire a ball. so if you put a three way there, voila. mech searless spool valve.

I wonder if this will work with the TechT bolt... If so I'm sold.

Underground Sports - Underground Army
The Best DYE dealer in NE Ohio

YetiPB.com - The only place you'll ever need, ever
i8somepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 08:41 AM #35
RogueShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by i8somepie View Post
wrong. an electro solenoid essentially serves as a three way redirecting air flow to move the bolt and air to fire a ball. so if you put a three way there, voila. mech searless spool valve.

I wonder if this will work with the TechT bolt... If so I'm sold.
From what I was told by the guys that put together the mech Ion kits, it will hold air and fire, but as long as you hold the trigger the bolt will continue to vent since it has no tail o-rings to shut off the airflow. So no real ability to control velocity with that setup, your fps would change any time you didn't pull the trigger exactly the same way.

On the upside, with a dual tail o-ringed bolt, my mech Ion was easily getting 4 pods and a rotor off a 45/4500 tank so efficiency really isn't too shabby. Especially since you won't be ripping 12-15 bps strings with this.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:40 PM #36
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
From what I was told by the guys that put together the mech Ion kits, it will hold air and fire, but as long as you hold the trigger the bolt will continue to vent since it has no tail o-rings to shut off the airflow. So no real ability to control velocity with that setup, your fps would change any time you didn't pull the trigger exactly the same way.

On the upside, with a dual tail o-ringed bolt, my mech Ion was easily getting 4 pods and a rotor off a 45/4500 tank so efficiency really isn't too shabby. Especially since you won't be ripping 12-15 bps strings with this.
I wasn't even thinking. Lol. It totally makes sense now. Mechanical dwell from the pneumatics would constantly vary and without an on/off within the bolt system you'll just dump air. Awesome to hear on your efficiency numbers.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:52 PM #37
RogueShooter

And actually, now that I think about it, the eNMEy may even get better efficiency than that since the firing can has less volume in the bolt-out-back guns than the older Ions like my previous mech one. I know my G1 did about the same efficiency at stock dwell with all stock parts, so the eNMEy with a shorter mechanical dwell time should do somewhat better I think. Now the big question for me is if it comes with, or is at least compatible with the 360 QEV...
Old 10-21-2012, 08:16 PM #38
SamareI

Up in ansgear for pre order. Decent lookin. Going to wait on review. Love the lifetime warranty. This is what the tippy gryphon should have been!
SamareI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:04 AM #39
Rhino1XL
Put a SPRING in it!!!

Annual Supporting Member
Rhino1XL helped look for balloons
Rhino1XL plays in the APPA D4 division
Pre-ordered.....

Maximum Paintball Supply, Fresno California
Rhino1XL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:51 AM #40
i8somepie
Michael Pasztor

Annual Supporting Member
I may preorder one.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:55 PM #41
Punisher068

Saw a thread on MCB for preorders of a G1 version with single trigger also,glad milsim wasnt left out of this one,now i wont have to do a mech conversion myself
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/c...-progress.html
Our teams home field PBN thread
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4292217
Punisher068 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:32 PM #42
BreakShot

G1-M (mechanical)

They are coming out with a mechanical version of the G-1. I wasn't sure if it was true, but I spoke with my GOG rep today (I own Stew's Paintball) and they definitely are. My rep said that they didn't want to advertise it because they didn't want to take away from the hype of the new eNMEy marker (makes sense). I will be ordering some of them to compare with my new FT-12 rental markers (maybe I will try to fire them under water or see which one can be dropped from the highest building and still fire). So far I love the FT-12's, but if the eNMEy or the G-1M are easy to clean I may be switching to GOG.
My GOG rep said the pre-orders will be shipping in 1st or 2nd week of Nov, so if you pre-ordered, you won't have to wait much longer (they are still taking pre-orders by the way). The G-1M retails at 149.95 and the eNMEy is 129.95. Definitely going to see a lot of these on paintball fields in the near future.

Last edited by BreakShot : 10-23-2012 at 07:47 PM.
BreakShot is offline   Reply With Quote