Old 10-17-2012, 08:20 AM #1
ttimberlak443
aaaaaaaand its gone

ttimberlak443 supports Team VICIOUS
ttimberlak443 posts videos on PbNation
ttimberlak443 plays in the APPA beginner division
ttimberlak443 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Why no mid-high end markers?

GoG clearly has entry level markers under control, but what about the higher end things?

After talking to some people, they said that it wouldn't be a bad idea to remake the Shocker, but I disagree. I think the Shocker is a legacy in itself and it would upset some people if the Shocker was remade. Some people may say the same thing about the Impulse.

Why don't you guys make a completely different marker than what you all have previously made as Smart Parts? I want you guys to make something that we have never seen before from Smart Parts/GoG and make it in the mid-high end marker range.

Who else agrees? Who wants to see GoG make something for the higher level players and put new technology in it instead of remaking all of their previous markers?
ttimberlak443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-17-2012, 09:02 AM #2
jsnp8nt
Gathering Storm

jsnp8nt owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
jsnp8nt owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
jsnp8nt has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
jsnp8nt has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Remember that all of their gun tech is based on smart parts technology
DLX makes the Luxe based on the same tech and there are probably some copyright infringements that would occur if they tried to use similar tech.
They have not made any new products, but have done a great job of re-branding old products.
Their soft goods are original, and I kind of like the 2012 stuff.
#9 of 19 PBX LV1
Lime Spire 260
Lime PBX 68/4500 a tank w/Ninja Reg
Visit www.pbbomb.com for the #1 field in Chicagoland
Proudly Sponsored by Virtue
http://www.virtuepb.com
jsnp8nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:40 AM #3
ttimberlak443
aaaaaaaand its gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsnp8nt View Post
Remember that all of their gun tech is based on smart parts technology
DLX makes the Luxe based on the same tech and there are probably some copyright infringements that would occur if they tried to use similar tech.
They have not made any new products, but have done a great job of re-branding old products.
Their soft goods are original, and I kind of like the 2012 stuff.
That is almost what I am saying. They have done a fantastic job of fixing everything that was wrong with their low-ends as Smart Parts. I don't want them to "remake" the Luxe as that is a marker still in production and works great.

I am curious as to why they don't try and make a marker geared towards the mid to high end area, something in the $500-$700 range. So, maybe a marker with newer and/or different technology than their previous markers as Smart Parts.

I hadn't really thought that much about copyright infringement. I guess that would be a huge factor in making a new marker.
Old 10-17-2012, 04:43 PM #4
RogueShooter

There's about 3-4 (possibly more) other threads already covering this, most of which are probably on the first page lol...

But long story short, GOG is still working to rebuild the brand after the bank fiasco that forced them to become GOG and not SP anymore. Give them time and they will get there, but for right now the entry level stuff pays the bills.

Besides, the whole entry/mid/high end classifications have really become blurred over the past several years. My whole team actually came to GOG from a DYE sponsorship in large part because we felt that the GOG line of guns was more reliable without sacrificing much in performance from the MUCH more expensive and finicky DYE stuff. I sold my NT11 at a huge loss and bought a G1 and to be honest, I'm much happier. I'll be even happier when the eNMEy comes out
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind

Last edited by RogueShooter : 10-17-2012 at 04:47 PM.
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:49 PM #5
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueShooter View Post
There's about 3-4 (possibly more) other threads already covering this, most of which are probably on the first page lol...

But long story short, GOG is still working to rebuild the brand after the bank fiasco that forced them to become GOG and not SP anymore. Give them time and they will get there, but for right now the entry level stuff pays the bills.

Besides, the whole entry/mid/high end classifications have really become blurred over the past several years. My whole team actually came to GOG from a DYE sponsorship in large part because we felt that the GOG line of guns was more reliable without sacrificing much in performance from the MUCH more expensive and finicky DYE stuff. I sold my NT11 at a huge loss and bought a G1 and to be honest, I'm much happier. I'll be even happier when the eNMEy comes out
^ what he said. Also, Gog is trying to establish their name in the paintball industry. Gog markers arent very popular right now and not many people own them. Im the only player at my local field who owns a gog marker, and a lot of people play at my field. People kept asking me what gun i was using too. No one was familiar with the brand. Once the company gains some more popularity and establishes a good reputation as a company that makes reliable, good working markers, then they can start making higher quality, more expensive guns.
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:16 PM #6
Ravenstylea2

Ravenstylea2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ravenstylea2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Rogue said

"Besides, the whole entry/mid/high end classifications have really become blurred over the past several years. My whole team actually came to GOG from a DYE sponsorship in large part because we felt that the GOG line of guns was more reliable without sacrificing much in performance from the MUCH more expensive and finicky DYE stuff. I sold my NT11 at a huge loss and bought a G1 and to be honest, I'm much happier. I'll be even happier when the eNMEy comes out."

The reason why your Dye was sold at a loss is because of depreciation caused by people bashing Dye all over PBN like they were walmart guns, also on the paintball field, and on countless threads all which accumulate to giving the paintball community an overall negative perception of the company as a whole. My NT11 isn't finicky BTW and I love my Extcy.
Ravenstylea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:22 PM #7
Ravenstylea2

Ravenstylea2 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Ravenstylea2 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Timberlak, Mid end guns rake in cash but I feel your pain about there not being one. A 500-650$ marker would sell like hot cakes and wouldn't kill to innovate considering the demand and it's huge customer base. Don't waste your breath btw about the whole Shocker thing there have been many posts about this.
Ravenstylea2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:08 AM #8
Dedloc
That guy.

Annual Supporting Member
Dedloc is BST Legit
Dedloc is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Dedloc is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedloc View Post
GOG can, and more than likely will, hit that market. But you have to let them build the company first. Why risk it right now when they are still building a stable fan-base? If people want shockers right now, then they can find shockers. But for the moment it is better for GOG to get the name recognition first before releasing a semi-expensive marker that may not sell that well. And I only say that because you cant guarantee anything in this economy and market.

But give them time and I am sure they will come up with something.
My response to the same question already asked.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:28 AM #9
americanidiot748
I Sling Monkey Poo!

americanidiot748 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
americanidiot748 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
americanidiot748 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
americanidiot748 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
americanidiot748 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Honestly i dont think GOG is allowed to use the Shocker name, but i am personally a big supporter of the idea of GOG remaking the "Shocker" but i dont mean they should build the EXACT same gun and sell it, its older tech, good but still old.

the perfect example of what i mean is the eXTCy and Ion, they are basically the same gun if you sit them next to each other and look at them but the eXTCy is a way better marker, why is this? they took alot of the good in the Ion and carried it over and they made changes/improvements/redesigns to the bad...

I just want the same out of the New GOG "Shocker"
My sexy shocker shooting like a beast, Fastest shocker ever!!!
DO NOT DEAL WITH ATLas Paintball, Atlballerz, Paul Decker!http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post78291865
https://www.facebook.com/#!/paul.decker.351
americanidiot748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 05:09 PM #10
ttimberlak443
aaaaaaaand its gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by americanidiot748 View Post
Honestly i dont think GOG is allowed to use the Shocker name, but i am personally a big supporter of the idea of GOG remaking the "Shocker" but i dont mean they should build the EXACT same gun and sell it, its older tech, good but still old.

the perfect example of what i mean is the eXTCy and Ion, they are basically the same gun if you sit them next to each other and look at them but the eXTCy is a way better marker, why is this? they took alot of the good in the Ion and carried it over and they made changes/improvements/redesigns to the bad...

I just want the same out of the New GOG "Shocker"
That is what I was saying. However, it does make sense to wait until they have a bigger audience. It may or may not widen their market if they make a higher end marker, though.

The eNVy is the remake of the Vibe, the new eNMEy is the essentially the Ion with the mechanical modification done to it out of the factory, and the eXTCy is the Ion. All of these markers are made how they should have been made and they all seem to work really well.

I would love to see a Shocker remake (with a different name of course) some time in the near future.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:57 AM #11
benzy2
angry bird

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
If Gog get's type cast as a low end marker company they will never break out. It just won't happen. Look at all of the expensive markers out there today and tell me if they are from a company that first built a reputation selling low end, low priced markers or if they started with expensive markers and worked down. Dye, Blast (outside of the few spiders they made before expensive markers really existed), DLX, DYE, Macdev, PE, etc. They all started with a high end marker/price point and if they now sell a mid-priced marker they worked down to it after building their name as a high end marker company. Even the older companies that built high ends, like SP, AKA, Angel, etc all built a name around a high end and worked down. Now look at companies that made their name building low ends that tried to work up. Kingman did this with the EM1 and primal, both a flop. Tippmann did it with the first e-kit for the 98 and it was in mass a flop. Even their newer crossover is a relative flop. It's a cool enough marker but it will never get out of the type cast of being another Tippmann.

All of that said, the low end lines seem to be where the big money is at and has been for a while. $1500 markers are great and all but they don't sell in mass. Even $400-$800 markers can be a bit of a hard sell. That $100-$300 price point is much easier to move markers at and makes a lot of sense. Today, for $250 you can get a new eXTCy which shoots faster than needed, is fairly efficient, has fairly low recoil, and has decent factory support. The gap between a box stock $250 Spyder of 10 years ago and the then current $800 marker was a big leap in performance. Today, you honestly don't gain much between a $250 eXTCy and other $600-$1000 markers. Toss in a new bolt and a QEV and you push the potential of the eXTCy right up there with anything on the market.

Today there are endless quality markers in the new and used market for great prices. You can pick up a used alias timmy for ~$200, DM4/5/6 for less than $300, PM5/6 for under $150, older ego's and etek's for under $300, and the list goes on and on. Most of these markers retailed over $1000 new and give up very little on today's top of the line from a performance point of view. If it were me, I'd rather have a used shocker, DM5, alias, and ego for the same price as a new $800 marker. Even if you want to look a little newer, I've seen DM12's going for ~$600 now. The point is the used market is saturated with markers that shoot ridiculously well and sell far under the mid priced market. If Gog were to get into the mid end price point I would try to stick to the lower side if possible. Something in the $400-$600 range at most and it has to show a big jump over the less expensive lines. If it were me, I don't think I'd move any farther up the line than an upgraded eXTCy. Put in a board that matches the best out there today matched with an LED screen and rear buttons, toss in a light weight bolt similar to the L6 or L7, QEV, decent trigger, clamping feedneck, established name barrel, on/off, and a body kit and have my $450-$500 mid-priced marker.
benzy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:20 PM #12
Danny96211
cash for your iphone

Danny96211 posts videos on PbNation
Danny96211 supports Empire
Necro post
Danny96211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 12:34 PM #13
benzy2
angry bird

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Two weeks and half way down the first page is now necro?
benzy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 02:52 PM #14
Dedloc
That guy.

Annual Supporting Member
Dedloc is BST Legit
Dedloc is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Dedloc is Legendary
Not a necro post, and good info. Your final analysis of the extcy with minor upgrades being on par with most mid-high end markers was spot on.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:17 PM #15
americanidiot748
I Sling Monkey Poo!

americanidiot748 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
americanidiot748 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
americanidiot748 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
americanidiot748 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
americanidiot748 is attending Decay of Nations VI
^ this
My sexy shocker shooting like a beast, Fastest shocker ever!!!
DO NOT DEAL WITH ATLas Paintball, Atlballerz, Paul Decker!http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post78291865
https://www.facebook.com/#!/paul.decker.351
americanidiot748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:07 AM #16
danssoslow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstylea2 View Post
The reason why your Dye was sold at a loss is because of depreciation caused by people bashing Dye all over PBN like they were walmart guns, also on the paintball field, and on countless threads all which accumulate to giving the paintball community an overall negative perception of the company as a whole. My NT11 isn't finicky BTW and I love my Extcy.
2 thoughts here.

If the company had such a bad reputation, why would people continue to buy new Dyes at full price?

Maybe the cheap resale has something to do with sellers being willing to come down to what the buyers are willing to spend. Maybe, possibly?
If the people selling these used are not willing to be patient enough to find a buyer who appreciates the value in buying used over new, and simply go straight to the quick sale; this is what happens, the used market crashes.
danssoslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:55 PM #17
DAJUICE1
Team Phalanx

The Crossover might seem like a flop but I like it and I promote it to who ever shows interest in mine. Everyone has their own taste, and you can't knock it until you try it.
DAJUICE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:31 AM #18
vesparider

vesparider has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
vesparider supports DLX Technology
GoG just needs to build this (again).

I have this one but would buy a new one without hesitation. Awesome shooting marker. Pretty close to the marker in the background in this picture.

Now where is my 2013 Impulse?